• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really the only spinoff that gives cause for optimism is New Pokemon Snap, since that's an actual new entry in a highly requested series and seems to display a level of polish and ambition console fans are looking for. Whether or not it turns out as good as it looks or is anything more than a one off remains to be seen though (I do think if it turns out well, Bandai Namco should be a bigger part of Pokemon going forward).

Still doesn't have any bearing on how good the main games are. I won't be confident in DP remakes until I actually see them (but I will remain hopeful).

Has there ever been an unnanounced Pokemon presentation to announce a main series game before? People expecting remake announcements today or even tomorrow seems a bit implausible to me, but eh.

And exact remake without any changes is still meh
PMD DX wasn't a 1:1 remake though? There were massive changes to movesets, new dungeon exploring mechanics, new dungeons, some changes to available items, etc. I'd argue it was one of the better remakes of the series for the changes it made, tbh.

Rescue Team DX was a good remake. Improved a lot of things from the originals. Not having all Pokemon in them was imo obvious enough since I don't think they would go the SMD route and have all continents in it so they wouldn't get thrown all in that set of dungeons.

Last edited:
We don't know if that new Poke Ball Plus will necessarily lead into a new game. From what we have seen, it looks more like it will come in a box separate from the games.

Maybe "Let's Go Catching" is just some DLC for Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee that will add Johto, the Sevii Islands, held items, abilities, and all Pokémon up until Celebi (+ their cross-gen evolutions)?
:')

Maybe "Let's Go Catching" is just some DLC for Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee that will add Johto, the Sevii Islands, held items, abilities, and all Pokémon up until Celebi (+ their cross-gen evolutions)?
Or maybe even Beta Pokémon that didn’t get into the first two generations if we’re extra lucky (provided they’re implemented in a way that doesn’t contradict with the current evolutionary lines). That would actually make me bother with LGPE.

Remember, "Let's Go Catching" only comes from a guy who just steals other people's leaks and passes them off as their own. You don't really have to be worried it's true at all lol.

No.
What's the reason behind to release a game that already dead? Lgpe come out 3 years ago,probably it's a new game for 2021.

I said it yesterday. There were rumours floating around that we're getting Let's Go Johto and DP Remakes.

I actually hope they include Let's Go's catching mechanic. I really hate the luck based mechanic of catching Pokémon in every game. Gen IV is the generation that censored the gambling of the Game Corner, so I think it's about time they censor the gambling of catching Pokémon.

I actually hope they include Let's Go's catching mechanic. I really hate the luck based mechanic of catching Pokémon in every game. Gen IV is the generation that censored the gambling of the Game Corner, so I think it's about time they censor the gambling of catching Pokémon.
That's... not what gambling means...

That's... not what gambling means...
You spend money on Poké Balls, use them up and a luck mechanic determines whether you win a new Pokémon or not. If the randomizing part of Loot Crates are gambling, then the luck part of catching Pokémon is. You can catch a Level 100 Mewtwo at full health with a standard Poké Ball if you're lucky enough or you can fail to catch a Level 2 sleeping Pidgey at 1 HP with an Ultra Ball. You don't know if you succeed or fail until the ball rolled three times and clicks (SUCCESS!) or the Pokémon pops out of the ball (FAILURE!). There's no real skill involved, just luck. At least with the circle in Let's Go, there seems to be some skill involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom