• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You spend money on Poké Balls, use them up and a luck mechanic determines whether you win a new Pokémon or not. If the randomizing part of Loot Crates are gambling, then the luck part of catching Pokémon is. You can catch a Level 100 Mewtwo at full health with a standard Poké Ball if you're lucky enough or you can fail to catch a Level 2 sleeping Pidgey at 1 HP with an Ultra Ball. You don't know if you succeed or fail until the ball rolled three times and clicks (SUCCESS!) or the Pokémon pops out of the ball (FAILURE!). There's no real skill involved, just luck. At least with the circle in Let's Go, there seems to be some skill involved.
You're not spending actual money on it, though. Elements of chance in a game aren't the same as gambling, otherwise, every card game ever would qualify as gambling.

You spend money on Poké Balls, use them up and a luck mechanic determines whether you win a new Pokémon or not. If the randomizing part of Loot Crates are gambling, then the luck part of catching Pokémon is. You can catch a Level 100 Mewtwo at full health with a standard Poké Ball if you're lucky enough or you can fail to catch a Level 2 sleeping Pidgey at 1 HP with an Ultra Ball. You don't know if you succeed or fail until the ball rolled three times and clicks (SUCCESS!) or the Pokémon pops out of the ball (FAILURE!). There's no real skill involved, just luck. At least with the circle in Let's Go, there seems to be some skill involved.
Luck and gambling are not the same thing. And the luck element is still completely present in Let’s Go so I’m not even sure what the difference is in what you’re looking for.

LG’s capture system removes battling which is a core part of the series. I was fine with it for one game, but if/when DP are remade, I’d want to relive them as I did before with the standard catching mechanics.

I'm for Let's Go Catching if only because wild encounters are annoying and this seems less worse, but I can fully understand why someone wouldn't like it.

As for my pipe dream regarding the remakes, I wish they'd put Voltorb Flip in the Game Corner instead of just going "lol, it's closed" like they did in ORAS.

Or some type of arcade game with minigames a la Stadium. Like, it's a game corner, put some minigames there. Way better than relying on cheap luck.

I'm for Let's Go Catching if only because wild encounters are annoying and this seems less worse, but I can fully understand why someone wouldn't like it.

As for my pipe dream regarding the remakes, I wish they'd put Voltorb Flip in the Game Corner instead of just going "lol, it's closed" like they did in ORAS.

Or some type of arcade game with minigames a la Stadium. Like, it's a game corner, put some minigames there. Way better than relying on cheap luck.
If I have to be honest, the way they handled Mauville City's game corner and making nothing playable in Celadon CIty's was a complete and utter slap to the face. I'd honestly call it pretty lazy also. There's no reason they can't add Voltorb Flip or create new minigames. The lack of game corners is extremely frustrating, and even more so cause I think we could use a few mire side activities.

I mean you can always run away if you don't want to fight them. Can't escape? Use a Poke Doll, they're readily available in SwSh now. That's probably not the best reason to want Go Catching.

The catching mechanic was the only thing I remember disliking about LGPE. Just about everything else can stay as far as I'm concerned.

The catching mechanic was the only thing I remember disliking about LGPE. Just about everything else can stay as far as I'm concerned.
I hope you don't mean the stripped-down mechanics (no abilities, etc.) and the 'cutesy-overload' Pikachu/Eevee HM's, though.

It clearly was meant for a younger public. Even the user interface was all cutified up.

I hope you don't mean the stripped-down mechanics (no abilities, etc.) and the 'cutesy-overload' Pikachu/Eevee HM's, though.

It clearly was meant for a younger public. Even the user interface was all cutified up.
Brr that made it 70% less fun. How are you gonna react if we dont get DP remakes?

Let's Go Adhered to Gen 1 mechanics. DP remakes will adhere to Gen 4 mechanics - meaning we will get the authentic Pokemon experience barring the possibility of a lack of wild battles. I contested this before, but Let's Go graphical style suits Pokemon more than Sword and Shield's. It's more pleasant to the eye, it's certainly more charming and it looks more like Pokemon. DP Remakes in the style of Let's Go would be a more authentic gen 4 experience than DP remakes in the style of Sword and Shield.

Let's Go Adhered to Gen 1 mechanics. DP remakes will adhere to Gen 4 mechanics - meaning we will get the authentic Pokemon experience barring the possibility of a lack of wild battles. I contested this before, but Let's Go graphical style suits Pokemon more than Sword and Shield's. It's more pleasant to the eye, it's certainly more charming and it looks more like Pokemon. DP Remakes in the style of Let's Go would be a more authentic gen 4 experience than DP remakes in the style of Sword and Shield.
Hmm. I hope they fix the snowstorm before Snowpoint City, that is horror takes soo long.

Brr that made it 70% less fun. How are you gonna react if we dont get DP remakes?
I don't know, surprised I guess? Anyway, I'm not a Let's Go fan, as that game is clearly catered to a younger audience. So, it would mean a skip for me. Until next year's generation 9, I guess.

Will have plenty of Warhammer Total War to keep me occupied in the meantime.

@Johtoo True remakes always used the latest battle engines and mechanics. So, gen 4 remakes would probably use the gen 8 systems.

I don't know, surprised I guess? Anyway, I'm not a Let's Go fan, as that game is clearly catered to a younger audience. So, it would mean a skip for me. Until next year's generation 9, I guess.

Will have plenty of Warhammer Total War to keep me occupied in the meantime.

@Johtoo True remakes always used the latest battle engines and mechanics. So, gen 4 remakes would probably use the gen 8 systems.
Yeah I hope they dont change everything

I actually hope they include Let's Go's catching mechanic. I really hate the luck based mechanic of catching Pokémon in every game. Gen IV is the generation that censored the gambling of the Game Corner, so I think it's about time they censor the gambling of catching Pokémon.
At least with the circle in Let's Go, there seems to be some skill involved.
I don’t get your argument. Let's Go catching is just as luck based, if not more than the battling captures. The circle in let’s go adds a skill element according to you. In the battle captures there’s the skill element of reducing enough HP, adding status conditions and using special Pokeballs to increase your catch rate.

While I don't mind more LG style games (mostly for the Shinies), I don't think LG Sinnoh makes too much sense for now

1. That'd mean skipping Johto and Hoenn, and considering they went by release order for the remakes, I doubt they'd ignore that for the reimaginings

2. The Kanto route makes more sense to do in general (traditional remakes first, reimaginings/LG style games second), at least if they're willing to do that for all regions. We wouldn't even be seeing LG Sinnoh for 20+ years if they build up on the timegap between the games too

I don't think the LG style games should be dropped altogether if they can improve them to be better gameplay-wise, though it'd be much better if they'd give us two different gameplay options when starting up: traditional or LG style

I actually feel more excited about the prospect of Sinnoh remakes than I do about Generation 9. Does anyone else feel the same way? Thinking about how an existing region, that we know and love, could be updated and improved upon fires up the imagination. On the other hand, I don't really start to get excited about a new generation until we've had a glimpse of the region and some of the new Pokemon, giving us more to speculate about.

I actually feel more excited about the prospect of Sinnoh remakes than I do about Generation 9. Does anyone else feel the same way? Thinking about how an existing region, that we know and love, could be updated and improved upon fires up the imagination. On the other hand, I don't really start to get excited about a new generation until we've had a glimpse of the region and some of the new Pokemon, giving us more to speculate about.
Right now I do. I don't even think they should go to Gen 9 until 2023 just so they have more time to work on the game.

Quite frankly, if they're interested in more Let's Go games at all, I don't see why they'd wait beyond this year. Being a mobile game, Go doesn't have unlimited longevity (will the anime still promote it in the next generation?). It's DP remakes that can wait no matter how impatient some fans may be, but if Game Freak want to combine the two ideas, that's their choice.

I hope they do diamond and pearl remakes so much. I hope that they introduce new mega evolutions in the sinnoh remakes, like for example : Mega regigigas, the lake trio getting megas, Mega / Primal dialga and palkia, and Mega Origin form giratina, as well as normal mega giratina! it would be so cool! Diamond was the first I played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom