• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
but It would be there regular forms. I know we have had too many kanto remakes, but the galar ones where in the dlc, but they would be a higher level, like at level 70 in the wild for the first time!

Unless they (and Uxie and Cresselia) are going to work like the Galarian birds did in CT, which would necessitate open-world areas, then I don't want to see any roamers.

(Random thought, but what if they kept the Kanto bird trio roamers but... had them in their Galarian forms this time? I know that seems weird but bear with me - the official site says this about them: "Once every several decades, [these] migratory Pokémon [appear] in the Crown Tundra." Which presents the question of, where are they when not in the Crown Tundra? The Dyna Tree may be what caused them to develop these forms, but evidently they go off wherever they want and only return to the tree periodically. Plopping the Galarian birds in Sinnoh could be a way of "honoring" the birds' inclusion in Platinum while still doing something slightly different, and would provide a non-DLC option for people to obtain those forms.)

I hope you don't mean the stripped-down mechanics (no abilities, etc.) and the 'cutesy-overload' Pikachu/Eevee HM's, though.

It clearly was meant for a younger public. Even the user interface was all cutified up.

Which is another thing that they shouldn't be continuing. Kanto was stripped down enough as is in FRLG, lacking newer advancements in the series such as larger and more varied regional dexes, more realistically designed maps (Kanto's areas are so flat, short, and environmentally repetitive compared to newer regions, no doubt because of the technical limitations of the Game Boy), regional gadgets, and deep sidequests. It didn't need to get even more stripped down by excluding core gameplay mechanics like abilites and held items or acting like anything past 1st gen doesn't exist. If anything, Kanto needed to be less simplified and the second type of remake/reimagining should be a BW2-esque sequel that expands on Kanto instead of simplifies it. If they insist on doing LG games, they should be either mobile games or cheap ($10-$20) eShop titles, they just don't offer enough to take the place of a full scale, $60 retail Pokemon game.

I don’t get your argument. Let's Go catching is just as luck based, if not more than the battling captures. The circle in let’s go adds a skill element according to you. In the battle captures there’s the skill element of reducing enough HP, adding status conditions and using special Pokeballs to increase your catch rate.

Yeah, all this was lost with the Go catching mechanics. This is why I think there should be a combination, so you get the increases from HP, status condition, and special Poke Balls AND from an accurate throw. Makes it much less luck based.

Why not tomorrow?

They usually don't announce presentations less than 24 hours in advance, if they want people to tune in at that time, they need to give them the opportunity to make plans to see it. If they don't do that, then they'd just shadow drop it, but for something as big as a 25th anniversary presentation, I don't see them doing that.

Which is another thing that they shouldn't be continuing. Kanto was stripped down enough as is in FRLG, lacking newer advancements in the series such as larger and more varied regional dexes, more realistically designed maps (Kanto's areas are so flat, short, and environmentally repetitive compared to newer regions, no doubt because of the technical limitations of the Game Boy), regional gadgets, and deep sidequests. It didn't need to get even more stripped down by excluding core gameplay mechanics like abilites and held items or acting like anything past 1st gen doesn't exist. If anything, Kanto needed to be less simplified and the second type of remake/reimagining should be a BW2-esque sequel that expands on Kanto instead of simplifies it. If they insist on doing LG games, they should be either mobile games or cheap ($10-$20) eShop titles, they just don't offer enough to take the place of a full scale, $60 retail Pokemon game.

Yeah, all this was lost with the Go catching mechanics. This is why I think there should be a combination, so you get the increases from HP, status condition, and special Poke Balls AND from an accurate throw. Makes it much less luck based.

They usually don't announce presentations less than 24 hours in advance, if they want people to tune in at that time, they need to give them the opportunity to make plans to see it. If they don't do that, then they'd just shadow drop it, but for something as big as a 25th anniversary presentation, I don't see them doing that.
Yeah, I see much more complicated games going with the pricetag of 60 euros. It was basically a rip-off, and I don't use that word very often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom