• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually we get an announcement two days before, right?

Usually it's only one day before. Two days before has happened at times, however, as has an even longer gulf.

Edited to add a rundown:

XY direct: Teased December 29 and January 3, Announced January 7, Aired January 8

Bank direct: Announced September 3, Aired September 4

SM direct: Announced February 24, Aired February 26/27 (time zones; this one went out at an unusual hour)

USUM direct: Announced June 5, Aired June 6

SwSh direct: Announced February 26, Aired February 27

More SwSh direct: Announced May 27, Aired June 5

Expansion Pass direct: Announced January 7, Aired January 9

Last edited:
Pokémon Press Conference/Pokémon Presents are a little more irregular, and to date, there have only been four of them.

2015's was announced and aired on September 10 (same day).

2018's was announced and aired on May 30 (same day).

2019's was announced on May 27 and aired on May 29 (two days).

2020's was announced on June 16 and aired on June 17 (one day). Part 2 (focused on Pokémon UNITE) was announced at the end of the June 17 presentation and aired a week later on June 24.

Unless they (and Uxie and Cresselia) are going to work like the Galarian birds did in CT, which would necessitate open-world areas, then I don't want to see any roamers.
I believe it was Mesprit, but yeah. I do not miss the old roaming mechanic at all.
I think the Post Malone Concert could end with Pokemon saying will be an further announcement of a Pokemon Game sometime in the next few months. That sounds much more likely than a direct anytime this week.
To quote serebii:
“The Pokémon Company International have also confirmed that there will be more new announcements across the franchise during the week of Pokémon's 25th anniversary. At present it's unclear what will be revealed...”

So far we’ve had nothing but some upcoming updates to Masters, Go, and Cafe Mix which I kind of doubt were the only things they were referring to since those are things that are announced year-round anyway. I dunno about a direct but I think we’re getting something this week.

I believe it was Mesprit, but yeah. I do not miss the old roaming mechanic at all.

To quote serebii:
“The Pokémon Company International have also confirmed that there will be more new announcements across the franchise during the week of Pokémon's 25th anniversary. At present it's unclear what will be revealed...”

So far we’ve had nothing but some upcoming updates to Masters, Go, and Cafe Mix which I kind of doubt were the only things they were referring to since those are things that are announced year-round anyway. I dunno about a direct but I think we’re getting something this week.

I quite liked the roaming mechanics of the old days. The trick was to not stress hunting that Pokemon so much. I just ran around with an underleveled Pokemon up front with a max repel throughout my post-game journeys, sooner or later it would pop up.

Of course, I have straight up hunted them with the same method by going in and out of the same route over and over, the Poketch made it even better by actively showing you their locations.

Either way, I feel like the roaming Pokemon actually gave you a sense of adventure as you hunt what is supposed to be an elusive legendary Pokemon. It makes sense and if it's ever frustrating then it's doing it's job by making it hard lol.

I like this part of reveal cycle. I like speculation. It's the most positive part of the reveal cycle. After the games are announced, you'll either have people shilling it without criticizing the bad parts of it and you'll have people criticizing it without praising the good parts of it.
Yeah haha. I dont expect anything. That makes it easier to not be dissapointed and still be excited and surprised

I like this part of reveal cycle. I like speculation. It's the most positive part of the reveal cycle. After the games are announced, you'll either have people shilling it without criticizing the bad parts of it and you'll have people criticizing it without praising the good parts of it.

You're gonna' have that no matter where in the release timeline we are

You're not spending actual money on it, though. Elements of chance in a game aren't the same as gambling, otherwise, every card game ever would qualify as gambling.
We didn't spend actual money on the Game Corner, but it was banned for anti-gambling laws.

Also, I don't want it exactly like Let's Go. I want to be able to battle the wild Pokémon. The luck part of the mechanic should be replaced with timing. I don't like wasting so many Ultra Balls trying to catch one legendary with red health. I want the circle to be bigger the weaker the Pokémon is, and perfect timing should give a critical capture.

Tbh this game will have to do much to convince me to buy it. SwSh was a dissapointment in termes of content. Even my parents (who know I play pokemon for 10 years) said I was finished rather quickly with it. Since USUM I arent happy with the content, I mean the quantity of content. Post-games are rather not consistent

Eh, my favorite part of the reveal cycle is when the games are announced, but not released. Before the announcement, they're just spouting what kind of game they want, "DP remakes!", "Let's Go Johto!", "9th gen!", etc. without going into any detail and that's too vague and uninteresting, just about any game could be good or bad depending on the execution. When we have a game announced and we know the general premise, that's when people usually come up with crazy ideas for which features could be added/improved, and that's the kind of speculation I like the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom