• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite frankly, if they're interested in more Let's Go games at all, I don't see why they'd wait beyond this year. Being a mobile game, Go doesn't have unlimited longevity (will the anime still promote it in the next generation?). It's DP remakes that can wait no matter how impatient some fans may be, but if Game Freak want to combine the two ideas, that's their choice.

Go lasted more than anyone expected. It let:d you catch Pokémon from your phone and in real life.

Found on Twitter. Apparently they are called
Obvious BS.
  • Giratina theme for Pearl and Arceus theme for Diamond, despite them not having any specific connection to one cover legendary over the other
  • Youtube only displays videos like that in Youtube Studio mode, and for that specific cutoff, you'd have to have the page zoomed in to 110%. (I tested myself)
1614206615823.png
    • This would be stupid as heck for a "leaker", since now the next question is "Okay, who at Pokemon has access to the official YouTube channel", and they'd get caught right away
    • This person has YouTube zoomed by 10% for no reason and can't take a screencap but I'm supposed to believe this is just like, genuine lack of skill with technology (even though they're using Pokemon's account) and not someone just trying to make the image hard to look at so it seems ~mysterious~
  • This specific picture picture can only be traced back to this Pokemon fan blog,which doesn't say where they found it or anything, just that it was "leaked" somewhere. And oh-so conveniently, this guy has high-quality versions of the logo on his site, too. Hmm....
    • Also holy shit the picture Adelon found on twitter was from someone who tweeted a phone screencap of a site rather than just copy+pasting the image there? No wonder why leaks like this take off, I guess everyone's tech illiterate
  • However, I did some googling, and found someone else posting the same thumbnail, at a different angle

Yeah, this is definitely one leak, and not just multiple people lying to get those sweet clicks.

In said screencap, you can see that Pokemon Lullaby is listed as having no restrictions:
1614207015784.png
Except, hey, if you mark a video as being for kids- which Pokemon Lullaby is- then it displays this:
1614207055678.png

And compare this to the SwSh thumbnail and description:

Pokemon's actual video depict scenes from the trailer and wordplay on the game's name, and this fake is just the most generic, blandest stuff ever and a logo reveal.
We didn't spend actual money on the Game Corner, but it was banned for anti-gambling laws.
Yeah, because it's depicting gambling that you can do in real life lol. That's like saying that games shouldn't get an ESRB rating for blood because it's not real blood.
My bad, Let's Go are main series, I'm just saying that it make zero since include Let's go catching mechanic in main core series, So I apologize for the misconception. Plus I've never played Let's go, because I feel you need Pokemon Go to play Let's Go, and I'm not a big fan of the Catching mechanic.
Including a new mechanic isn't really enough to make something a side series, though. And you don't need to play Pokemon Go to play Let's Go, it teaches you how to catch Pokemon with the new mechanics, and you don't need an account for anything besides transferring in Pokemon from Go and the Meltan event.

Obvious BS.
  • Giratina theme for Pearl and Arceus theme for Diamond, despite them not having any specific connection to one cover legendary over the other
  • Youtube only displays videos like that in Youtube Studio mode, and for that specific cutoff, you'd have to have the page zoomed in to 110%. (I tested myself)
    • This would be stupid as heck for a "leaker", since now the next question is "Okay, who at Pokemon has access to the official YouTube channel", and they'd get caught right away
    • This person has YouTube zoomed by 10% for no reason and can't take a screencap but I'm supposed to believe this is just like, genuine lack of skill with technology (even though they're using Pokemon's account) and not someone just trying to make the image hard to look at so it seems ~mysterious~
  • This specific picture picture can only be traced back to this Pokemon fan blog,which doesn't say where they found it or anything, just that it was "leaked" somewhere. And oh-so conveniently, this guy has high-quality versions of the logo on his site, too. Hmm....
    • Also holy shit the picture Adelon found on twitter was from someone who tweeted a phone screencap of a site rather than just copy+pasting the image there? No wonder why leaks like this take off, I guess everyone's tech illiterate
  • However, I did some googling, and found someone else posting the same thumbnail, at a different angle

Yeah, this is definitely one leak, and not just multiple people lying to get those sweet clicks.

In said screencap, you can see that Pokemon Lullaby is listed as having no restrictions:
Except, hey, if you mark a video as being for kids- which Pokemon Lullaby is- then it displays this:
View attachment 140183
And compare this to the SwSh thumbnail and description:

Pokemon's actual video depict scenes from the trailer and wordplay on the game's name, and this fake is just the most generic, blandest stuff ever and a logo reveal.

Yeah, because it's depicting gambling that you can do in real life lol. That's like saying that games shouldn't get an ESRB rating for blood because it's not real blood.

Including a new mechanic isn't really enough to make something a side series, though. And you don't need to play Pokemon Go to play Let's Go, it teaches you how to catch Pokemon with the new mechanics, and you don't need an account for anything besides transferring in Pokemon from Go and the Meltan event.

Lux Diamond and Ombra Pearl are weird names anyway. Ombra doesn't even seem to be a real word and lux just means light in Latin (although with lux being light in Latin maybe Ombra is some weird misspelling of Latin umbra which means shadow?).

Lux Diamond and Ombra Pearl are weird names anyway. Ombra doesn't even seem to be a real word and lux just means light in Latin (although with lux being light in Latin maybe Ombra is some weird misspelling of Latin umbra which means shadow?).
Yeah, that seems to be what they meant. (The screenshot even has Umbra as the logo instead of Ombra)

Are loot crates depicting real gambling?
...You realize loot crates actually cost money, right?

I'm leaning towards yesterday's tweet being a clue and the DP remakes will in fact be Let's Go Sinnoh games.

Why? Because it just feels like another textbook case of a "cash grab" decision by modern GameFreak. "Oh we're gonna try to satisfy everybody at once, both the main series fans & the GO players, and make another Let's Go game that we know is gonna be even more divisive than the first amongst the veteran fanbase...but we're doing it because it's too hard to remaster the old Sinnoh maps in 3D using SwSh's engine, and because LGPE sold better than we expected, and because we think 95% of the veterans will buy it anyway..."

That said, whatever the game ends up being, I will reserve judgement until it actually releases, but for now that's my final prediction with only 3 days left to go.

Why? Because it just feels like another textbook case of a "cash grab" decision by modern GameFreak. "Oh we're gonna try to satisfy everybody at once, both the main series fans & the GO players, and make another Let's Go game that we know is gonna be even more divisive than the first amongst the veteran fanbase...but we're doing it because it's too hard to remaster the old Sinnoh maps in 3D using SwSh's engine, and because LGPE sold better than we expected, and because we think 95% of the veterans will buy it anyway..."
Eh, I think by trying to appease everyone, GameFreak will end up satisfying less people than if they were to just give us a more traditional pair of games. And, as noted before...
[L]ook at the sales of the Let's Go games vs. SwSh. LGPE sold 13 million copies, which is not shabby by any means at all. However SwSh, which has the same Metacritic score as Let's Go Eevee (80 vs LGP's 79) and a similarly divisive pre-release, became the first game since Gold and Silver to sell 20 million copies. That certainly has to have some degree of impact on designing the games, that the non-Let's Go games were more successful than the Let's Go games, no? While I don't think the Let's Go games were a one-and-done thing, I also do think that GameFreak took note of how well each pair did compared to each other.
Basically, I don't exactly see Let's Go Sinnoh as a safe, "cash grab" option. Sure, it will definitely sell well regardless but honestly it would probably be more financially beneficial to release a Let's Go Johto game and more traditional Sinnoh remakes. SwSh's sales vs LGPE's seem to suggest that consumers prefer more traditional games to a degree, and/or that GO players don't make as big a block of purchasers.

The same Masuda also said they will never do DLC and we all know how that turned out.
The quotes I'm assuming you're referring to:
“Going back to being able to play Pokémon games in a secure environment is critical. One key point obviously is that Pokémon is played a lot by children, and in Japan it’s got a rating where everyone can play it, an ‘E’ rating in America and Europe is slightly stricter. It’s very important for us that as many people as possible are able to play the Pokémon games in a safe environment.

“We like the idea that through Pokémon people can make conversation or you can become friends and that Pokémon can be a safe environment for that,” Masuda explained. “In terms of DLC specifically, I don’t know what shape DLC can take in the future. But at the moment I don’t feel it’s a safe enough mode – so to speak – appropriate for Pokémon.
Emphasis mine. This was in 2013.

Regarding future Let's Go games:
“So, at the moment there’s no particular plans,” Masuda said. “But if the fans really like it then definitely keep those voices coming out to the Pokémon Company and Nintendo, and make sure we hear them. [Laughs] We wanna hear those comments.”
Emphasis mine. This was in 2019.

The difference? Time. Both statements are open-ended, but one was made eight years ago while the other was only made two years ago. If DPPt remakes are coming, I'd imagine Masuda's second statement lies during their development since these games tend to have two to three year development cycles. Even if LGPE sold better than expected, I can't possibly see them suddenly changing DPPt remakes midway through development to make them Let's Go games. Sure, they may incorporate some mechanics but that's a far cry from full-blown Let's Go games.

I don't want to say Let's Go Sinnoh games are not possible, but I do think they're rather unlikely.

Man, If there is going to be an announcement with this much anticipation for a lot of days now then there must be an accurate leak somewhere out there right, 4Chan/Reddit/Twitter or whatever, right? I don't think we are really going to get anything. Maybe this year might be the break year. 2011 was a break year after all.

then there must be an accurate leak somewhere out there right, 4Chan/Reddit/Twitter or whatever, right?

I mean... there are posts and claims that purport to be leaks. And they could very well be accurate. Or not. The thing about leaks is, you don’t know how accurate they are until after the fact.

And besides, look at the sales of the Let's Go games vs. SwSh. LGPE sold 13 million copies, which is not shabby by any means at all. However SwSh, which has the same Metacritic score as Let's Go Eevee (80 vs LGP's 79) and a similarly divisive pre-release, became the first game since Gold and Silver to sell 20 million copies. That certainly has to have some degree of impact on designing the games, that the non-Let's Go games were more successful than the Let's Go games, no? While I don't think the Let's Go games were a one-and-done thing, I also do think that GameFreak took note of how well each pair did compared to each other.

Meant to respond to this, but I generally don't think it's really fair to compare SwSh and LGPE sales-wise, purely because of the fact it's a new generation vs a remake, of course SwSh is gonna sell higher because of what it has to offer.

LGPE's sales are perfectly fine when comparing it with the other remakes - it's the second best selling out of the four, while grouping them all together with enhanced versions, it's the third best selling.

I really hope they announce these remakes soon, or I'm waiting around for nothing. If there's nothing on Friday, last week's Nintendo Direct was the perfect time to announce them, but we didn't get any Pokémon news.

Pokémon never presents new games in a nintendo direct,they have a huge fanbase and the other nintendo games will be ignored
Super Smash Bros has a huge fanbase too. And Pyra & Mythra were revealed as fighters for Smash. I don't remember much about the Direct other than it ended with Splatoon 3. Did they really announce a special presentation for Pokémon Day or is it just a rumor?

What if we get nothing? That's what I am expecting, do I don't get disappointed.

There is no more logical time to announce a game than Pokemon Week, and there's no way they'll go a second year without a main series release. We know we're getting SOMETHING, we know we're most likely getting the announcement this week, we just don't know what.

Yeah. Just like buying games and DLC. In fact, you are just buying random items.
Just a slight difference. When you buy a game or dlc, you know what you're getting. There's no luck there. No risk vs reward. When you put real life money trying to get lootboxes, you're literally gambling on the off chance that you get what you want. In-game game corners are the same, except they didn't use real money.

Just a slight difference. When you buy a game or dlc, you know what you're getting. There's no luck there. No risk vs reward. When you put real life money trying to get lootboxes, you're literally gambling on the off chance that you get what you want. In-game game corners are the same, except they didn't use real money.
You can see the slots spinning. They're not that random. You should get 777 if you time it perfectly.

I'm leaning towards yesterday's tweet being a clue and the DP remakes will in fact be Let's Go Sinnoh games.

That said, whatever the game ends up being, I will reserve judgement until it actually releases, but for now that's my final prediction with only 3 days left to go.
I mean, this prediction is completely predicated on the highly exaggerated caricature of GameFreak being lazy and greedy with no regard for pleasing their hypnotized consumers. I think it’s better to base expectations on patterns, logic, and market demand rather than continuing to buy into this biased notion that GameFreak are suddenly out to get us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom