• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll just say this:

If they truly nail the first trailer for Sinnoh remakes, and I mean go all out and show us the Distortion World, the Battle Frontier, and Mega Evolution they will pretty much ensure this will be the best-selling remake yet. It would out-sell LGPE and probably ORAS if that happened. Even without Megas, if they at least show us the stuff from Platinum we want, that’ll be enough. I can live without Megas as long as these games have as much content from Platinum as HGSS did from Crystal.

Obtaining the National Dex is what's worth it to me. The Distortion World won't be nearly as impressive as it was on the DS because it had impossible angles in a 2D game. In 3D, walking on the walls and ceilings would just remind me of Super Mario Galaxy.

I’ll just say this:

If they truly nail the first trailer for Sinnoh remakes, and I mean go all out and show us the Distortion World, the Battle Frontier, and Mega Evolution they will pretty much ensure this will be the best-selling remake yet. It would out-sell LGPE and probably ORAS if that happened. Even without Megas, if they at least show us the stuff from Platinum we want, that’ll be enough. I can live without Megas as long as these games have as much content from Platinum as HGSS did from Crystal.

I mean, it would be awesome if they showed this all in the first trailer, but I don't think they need to show this all in the first trailer to have it sell well. Fans, regardless of their stance on how the games are currently, are probably going to keep up with the news, and the games as they are released, even if they don't get them. If some of this isn't revealed during the trailers but is in the game, that news will get out pretty quickly and people will buy it. I don't think it matters much when it's shown. As SwSh has proved, the backlash a Pokemon game gets during it's reveal cycle hardly affects how well a game sells.

_

I do think we will be seeing Sinnoh remakes in the next few days, but I have a feeling we won't get much in the reveal. I think at most we'll see something along the lines of what we saw for SwSh reveal. We'll see some gameplay and the logos. Maybe we'll see a little cinematic as well with Dialga and Palkia. At least from what I remember in the past, remakes aren't typically announced as early as new gens are. I think the only reason we are going to see the remake announcement on Pokemon Day (or the 26th) is because this is a major anniversary year.

We'll definitely get remake news. The hints are too obvious.

Anyway, reveal trailers usually don't show that much. I'm afraid we won't hear anything about the inclusion/exclusion of a Frontier or other features for quite a while. A good glimpse at some roads would be fantastic, though.

Sinnoh remakes are the most obvious thing in the world. It's the 25th anniversery of the franchise. We didn't have a game last year. There is no big fall nintendo game. It's Sinnoh's 15th anniversery. Remakes release after a new generation. There have been numerous hints throughout the week. Sinnoh has been confirmed out there being an actual conclusive leaks. It's neigh on impossible for it not to be the remakes. And I say this with a degree of confidence. And I don't see how anyone could believe otherwise. I do hope the games are good, because that is the important thing here.

So Post Malone just released a song for the 25th anniversary of Pokemon. It's a Hootie cover. At 3:29, he says tangled up in pearl. This wasn't in the original song. What an interesting way to confirm sinnoh remakes
I sincerely doubt that Pokemon made Post Malone change one word while covering a song that was released before Pokemon with the expectation that fans would identify the one difference and recognize it as a clue hinting at remakes. I'm pretty sure it's just Malone putting his own spin on things- at 3:05, he says "the Cowboys make me cry", when the original line was "the Dolphins make me cry".
Remakes release after a new generation.
While I do expect remakes this gen, it's worth pointing out remakes don't happen every generation- Gen 5 didn't have any remakes, and Gen 7 had Let's Go, which isn't really a traditional remake.
Sinnoh has been confirmed out there being an actual conclusive leaks.
Which leaks? Everything I've seen has been quickly-debunked posts playing on the hype.

I sincerely doubt that Pokemon made Post Malone change one word while covering a song that was released before Pokemon with the expectation that fans would identify the one difference and recognize it as a clue hinting at remakes. I'm pretty sure it's just Malone putting his own spin on things- at 3:05, he says "the Cowboys make me cry", when the original line was "the Dolphins make me cry".

While I do expect remakes this gen, it's worth pointing out remakes don't happen every generation- Gen 5 didn't have any remakes, and Gen 7 had Let's Go, which isn't really a traditional remake.

Which leaks? Everything I've seen has been quickly-debunked posts playing on the hype.

Do you honestly think post malone rewrote lyrics to a cover pay-rolled by the Pokemon Company. It was obviously put in there a little easter egg and considering the likelihood of DP remakes, it was obviously intentional.

Let's Go was a traditional remake while Gen 6 was pushed forward to save the (at the time) failing 3DS. Like you said, remakes are expected and are practically a given. I'm ready to be proven wrong, but I don't think you or anyone here will be willing to bet against the likelihood of remakes appearing.

There have been many leaks (check out centro). Again, we don't know if the leaks are correct until the game is reveled.

I hate conspiracy theories, but there's just too much hinting towards DP remakes.

Probably the biggest 'hints' are the domain-names.

Just found this
We'll definitely get remake news. The hints are too obvious.

Anyway, reveal trailers usually don't show that much. I'm afraid we won't hear anything about the inclusion/exclusion of a Frontier or other features for quite a while. A good glimpse at some roads would be fantastic, though.
It's nothing confirmed.

Just found this

It's nothing confirmed.
Of course it's nothing confirmed, that's why I call it 'strong hinting'. It's too obvious.

If you want to remain sceptical, that's your choice and that's fine. Neither do I have unrealistic expectations or anything, seeing how an announcement of remakes doesn't necessarily mean quality remakes.

So, we'll see, but I'm heavily inclined to believe that we'll indeed see DP news the coming days.

Looking back at past announcements for Directs and other news abour games, it seems like between 7am and 10am is the time most get announced, with 9am being a time that happens often. There was one time around 12pm, though that was more news regarding Sun and Moon.

Edit: AND HERE WE GO
View: https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1364923130238623746?s=19

Looking back at past announcements for Directs and other news abour games, it seems like between 7am and 10am is the time most get announced, with 9am being a time that happens often. There was one time around 12pm, though that was more news regarding Sun and Moon.
Which timezone do you mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom