• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that its a Pokemon Presents does worry me after the last one. Normally the big games get announced through Directs. They called the reveal of SwSh DLC a Direct, but the New Pokemon Snap reveal and Unite were Pokemon Presents.

Masuda is hyping this up though. Did he hype up the Pokemon Presents for Unite?
View: https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/1364925398518140928?s=19

Neat. I was really worried that this would fall during my vaccine time but it's well before that point.

Last year, the DLC got a Direct and the spin-off games (New Snap and Unite) got two separate Presents videos. SwSh got two Directs in 2019, while LGPE got a press announcement in 2018 (as did Go in 2015). Presents is the pre-recorded version of a press announcement.

We aren't getting a traditional game tomorrow.

Should I be worried that this is a Pokémon Presents rather than a Pokémon Direct, though? The last Pokémon Presents didn't exactly go down gloriously, after all...

Last year, the DLC got a Direct and the spin-off games (New Snap and Unite) got two separate Presents videos. SwSh got two Directs in 2019, while LGPE got a press announcement in 2018 (as did Go in 2015). Presents is the pre-recorded version of a press announcement.

We aren't getting a traditional game tomorrow.
It feels more like they can do whatever they want or feel fitting.

They aren't going to plan a Direct AND a Presents at the same time.

If you say so. The logic is fairly straightforward: Directs for core games that only involve Game Freak, Presents for other projects related to other companies (Ninantic took part in the LGPE announcement).

Add that to the Poke Ball Plus reprint (or new version) and I don't see the optimism for a traditional game other than wishful thinking. It might be announced later on, I guess.

I have already abandoned the idea of a Pokemon Direct, which is why I never said "Direct".

Kelios and Joe Merrick have clarified that Direct's are for games that are exclusively published by Nintendo. Presents are TPC hosted that can cover anything, and it normally means info not published by Nintendo.

I don't THINK Pokemon Go info has been in a Nintendo Direct, and this is published by Niantic. Unite is not published by Nintendo either, so info from one of these could be in it.

Kelios and Centro have been saying the announcement will be before Pokemon Day, and they have been saying Sinnoh remakes for a while. There's so much that points in the direction of Sinnoh remakes.

Well, like Serebii Joe said on Twitter, the real difference between Direct and Presents is that Directs are hosted by Nintendo and contain information that pertains exclusively to Nintendo consoles. Presents are hosted by TPC and can cover any range of things.

It being a Presents doesn’t necessarily mean it’s not going to be a “traditional game,” it could just mean they have other, non-Switch stuff they want to announce as well.

Well, like Serebii Joe said on Twitter, the real difference between Direct and Presents is that Directs are hosted by Nintendo and contain information that pertains exclusively to Nintendo consoles. Presents are hosted by TPC and can cover any range of things.

It being a Presents doesn’t necessarily mean it’s not going to be a “traditional game,” it could just mean they have other, non-Switch stuff they want to announce as well.

Most likely Unite news.

Also interesting to know that Nintendo hasn't retweeted the Presents yet. It might be too early for them, if they don't retweet though, it doesn't bode well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom