• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's still possible for main series games to be announced through Pokemon Presents.

Obviously its still a possibility. However, combine Kelios and Joe Merricks tweet with the fact that Nintendo hasn't retweeted the Presents yet, doesn't bode well for an actual Switch game announcement tomorrow. However, there is a possibility there is an announcement about an announcement for Saturday, since they need something on Pokemon Day itself as well.

Just saying people shouldn't overhype themselves since then they are gonna be extra disappointed if it doesn't happen. Keep an open mind, since anything can happen.

BTW, it would be Pokemon Day in Japan tomorrow when the Presents starts, since then it would be 00:00 in Japan.

The Presents is also only 20 minutes long, which doesn't bode well either, since 7-10 minutes will most likely be spend talking about Pokemon Unite (People showing off gameplay is also a possibility). Then we most likely get some New Pokemon Snap news, as well as some Pokemon Go, Pokemon Sleep and Detective Pikachu 2.

Last edited:
BTW, it would be Pokemon Day in Japan tomorrow when the Presents starts, since then it would be 00:00 in Japan.

The Presents is also only 20 minutes long, which doesn't bode well either, since 7-10 minutes will most likely be spend talking about Pokemon Unite (People showing off gameplay is also a possibility). Then we most likely get some New Pokemon Snap news, as well as some Pokemon Go, Pokemon Sleep and Detective Pikachu 2.
I don't see why they should even spend that much time talking about Unite when they already showed off more than enough gameplay.

New Pokemon Snap, Pokemon Sleep, and Detective Pikachu 2 news could take up 10 mins. If there is Go info though, there won't be Unite info knowing the absurd rules when it comes to China. I remember hearing they had to hold that Pokemon Presents for Unite separately cause Pokemon Go is banned in China...Which is ridiculous.

The difference according to both Joe Merick and Kelios is Directs are reserved for content exclusively published by Nintendo. Presents include both content published by Nintendo and content not published by Nintendo (Niantic and Tencent for example.)

Still worried though not gonna lie.

The difference according to both Joe Merick and Kelios is Directs are reserved for content exclusively published by Nintendo. Presents include both content published by Nintendo and content not published by Nintendo (Niantic and Tencent for example.)
So they will probably slap some few minutes of Unite gameplay nobody cares about?

It's the 25th anniversary. Why wouldn't they have main game news here? All eyes are on them right now, so now's the perfect time to announce what they have planned for this year. That being said, we may not get much more than a name and logos. Even for new generations, the initial announcement is usually not much and we end up having to wait until May/June for the first details about the game. Since remakes have shorter reveal cycles, they may not even show any footage. I think it's reasonable to expect an announcement, but have to wait a few months for anything more than that.

I doubt its JUST that. There has to be some NEW announcement, especially consider this is the 25th anniversary. They have teased new announcements before the week even started.
Yeak, like, I know. But I'm sure there will be like, ~5 minutes of footage of the older games as a ''nostalgia video'', maybe some Unite and other announcements and then probably DP remakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom