• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
SwSh DLC doesn't count as a Switch game.

It's playable software for the Nintendo Switch. Tomato tomato.

So they will probably slap some few minutes of Unite gameplay nobody cares about?

Here's that disconnect between what online fandom assumes and what the larger fanbase will actually be receptive to, again.

Now let's take a look at what we know...

-Pokemon Direct vs. Pokemon Presents: Directs are for content exclusively published by Nintendo, though Presents means ir likely contains content not published by Nintendo, as well as games they
do publish. This is a Pokemon Presents, though the content here doesn't mean a main series game is impossible.
-The presentation in Japan falls on Pokemon Day itself and this marks the 25th anniversary of Pokemon. They do tend to reveal big stuff on Pokemon Day IF they have something planned on Pokemon Day.
-According to the tweet from Joe Merrick, this is the longest one so far. The first one was nearly 11 mins and they managed to fit SwSh DLC, Go, Smile, Cafe, and New Pokemon Snap in just that amount of time. This is double the length of both.
-There IS stuff hinting at potential Sinnoh remakes, such as those domain names, that box of chocolates, and you could say that Sinnoh tweet could be a potential hint. There is the reissue of Pokeball Plus also, which was useable in SwSh.
-Credible leakers like Kelios have been saying we will have Sinnoh remakes, and the timing has alligned with what he said. Centro said on the 11th, DP remakes in 15 days.
-Junichi Masuda is hyping this up. I don't know if he hyped up Unite's reveal though.

Now things that still worry me...
-The last Pokemon Presents was probably the most disappointing reveal in Pokemon history. Last time we got our hopes up, we got 11 mins of a mobile game that nobody asked for, from an incredibly shady company.
-Nintendo STILL hasn't retweeted it.

Last edited:
-Nintendo STILL hasn't retweeted it.

I want to take this opportunity to play the requisite doomer conspiracy theorist and say that this is because Nintendo was so disgusted with what Game Freak did to Sinnoh that they've decided to not even promote the games, out of protest.

Finally, Pokemon news is going to be announced at a (slightly) more reasonable time for me!

I'm sure we'll see news of Sinnoh remakes in the pokemon Presents. I think the Presents just allows them to have more news regarding other Pokemon games that are not on the Switch. So I'm sure we'll see some stuff about Unite tomorrow, as well as the Sinnoh remake reveal, and hopefully some New Snap news as well.

Speaking to VICE about this unprecedented announcement, Shigeru Ohmori was quoted as saying: "Here's yer fuckin' next-gen graphics, ya' wankers!"

(In truth, I suspect that Nintendo just don't want to retweet the thing as a whole because the presentation will contain some non-Nintendo products. Maybe it's a company policy thing. They can start promoting the isolated DP stuff after the show.)

Last edited:
People are saying the difference between Directs and Presents are Directs have exclusively games published by Nintendo and Presents don't. But isn't Pokémon owned by Nintendo? Also, I saw a DC Super Hero Girls trailer in the last Direct. Clearly something that's owned by DC Comics. Nintendo just licensed it to be on the Switch.

People are saying the difference between Directs and Presents are Directs have exclusively games published by Nintendo and Presents don't. But isn't Pokémon owned by Nintendo? Also, I saw a DC Super Hero Girls trailer in the last Direct. Clearly something that's owned by DC Comics. Nintendo just licensed it to be on the Switch.
The Pokémon Presents videos also did Sword/Shield DLC stuff, so I don't think the argument holds for a 100%, anyway.

The brand Pokémon is owned by The Pokémon Company, which is only one third Nintendo.

The main point of this differentiation between Direct and Presents seems to be that the latter also (but not necessarily exclusively) includes stuff like Pokémon Go (Niantic) or Pokémon Unite (TiMi), whereas "Direct" is something Nintendo-specific.

It's sort of a complex legal situation about which I don't think we actually know the totality of specific nuances. To quote Wikipedia,

"The Pokémon Company also handles publishing of all Pokémon video games since 2001 with Nintendo, being mostly responsible for marketing while Nintendo handles distribution. Both companies work together in localization, production, funding, QA and other aspects. The company is solely responsible for publishing and licensing mobile Pokémon titles, unlike console titles where it divides publishing with Nintendo."

I think the thing about it is that TPC are able to act independently and seek out their own collaborations that involve the Pokémon IP, without necessarily requiring involvement from Nintendo.

DC Super Hero Girls wasn't Nintendo and that was in the last Direct.

But it is software developed for Nintendo hardware.

Mobile games, animation projects, various avenues of merchandise, and anything else they might discuss in a Pokémon Presents are not, and there's any number of reasons why Nintendo wouldn't want to be seen as promoting something that they had no direct involvement in. This is precisely what corporate-mandated conflict of interest training seminars warn you about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom