• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
DC Super Hero Girls wasn't Nintendo and that was in the last Direct.
It's a game developed for a Nintendo system and published by Nintendo, as you can see here.
Owt11WZ.jpg

Does anyone know how significant it is that Masuda and Ohmori retweeted the announcement? Did they even retweet the Unite reveal announcement?

Near as I can tell, Masuda retweeted the announcement for the 6/17 presentation (which did contain some main series news, albeit minor - it was the announcement of the Zeraora Max Raid event) a couple of times, but not the 6/24 presentation.

I'd check Ohmori's feed too, but that was a lot of scrolling and I don't feel like it lol

Near as I can tell, Masuda retweeted the announcement for the 6/17 presentation (which did contain some main series news, albeit minor - it was the announcement of the Zeraora Max Raid event) a couple of times, but not the 6/24 presentation.

I'd check Ohmori's feed too, but that was a lot of scrolling and I don't feel like it lol
You could use Twitter Advanced Search.

This is pretty off topic, but I just wish Nintendo would just translate the games for Portuguese. It's mind boogling how many gaming companies, including Nintendo, in the year of 2021, still don't translate their products here, even though the game market is pretty BIG here and Nintendo franchises are also big in Brazil. Like, we have the Brazillian e-Shop and so much stuff in our language. I can literally go out, walk 20 minutes and buy a copy of SWSH in a Americanas or Pão de Açúcar, but I can't play it in my language cuz there are not any translations available. That's honeslty pitiful for a multimillon dollar company. I REALLY want the new games to come with Portuguese as a option but I just KNOW they won't.

Okay so both Ohmori and Masuda retweeted tge June 17th Pokemon Presents, but not the June 24th one. For them to actually retweet it, it tells us there's some info related to a main series game or a big spinoff. Its definitely something significant if they retweeted this and the June 17th announcement, but not the Unite reveal.

Last edited:
Nintendo promoting something like Pokemon Go or Unite would be like them promoting a Playstation Exclusive.

Last chance for title predictions! I’m sticking with

Rising Diamond & Shining Pearl

although I would love something that breaks the usual naming trends more. I’m excited!

I was obviously messing around on the other page, but I actually do have a bit of a stake in MAX Diamond & MAX Pearl

- Let's Go went with a unified title approach rather than using complementary prefixes, so maybe that's the new thing idk
- References Dynamax which could play a role in the story, while also emphasizing the technical improvements and augmentation of the originals
- Not what most people would expect

I've read a bunch of the possible names people have been speculating about the upcoming remakes. While there's no way of knowing if any of them will be right or close to it (who would've guessed OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire after all?), my favorite ones were EternityDiamond and InfinityPearl. In Japanese it sounds good too in my opinion 「エター二ティダイアモンド|インフィニティパール」

This is pretty off topic, but I just wish Nintendo would just translate the games for Portuguese. It's mind boogling how many gaming companies, including Nintendo, in the year of 2021, still don't translate their products here, even though the game market is pretty BIG here and Nintendo franchises are also big in Brazil. Like, we have the Brazillian e-Shop and so much stuff in our language. I can literally go out, walk 20 minutes and buy a copy of SWSH in a Americanas or Pão de Açúcar, but I can't play it in my language cuz there are not any translations available. That's honeslty pitiful for a multimillon dollar company. I REALLY want the new games to come with Portuguese as a option but I just KNOW they won't.
Also unrelated, but you just made me remember of a video from some people singing something regarding one of the Nintendo Directs (I think?), where there's a guy dressed as Pikachu. One of the lyrics is "Games dubbed and translated to Portuguese". xD I didn't see it entirely, just a small part being roasted.

It would be hilarious if the Present turned out to be a 20-minute live streaming of a concert with a few collab songs and a number of "Thank you for supporting Pokemon for 25 years!" messages in between from representatives.

And no new game announcement.

But jokes aside, I'd love to see an announcement of Sinnoh remakes.

I hate that this is actually a viable prediction.

I, uh, wouldn't say that it is.

They've already got the Post Malone concert on Saturday, after which they're going to announce more P25 Music information. Spending the Presents on the same sort of material would be redundant, and there's really no precedent for these video presentations being used in such a way. They exist firmly to give consumers a roadmap for the franchise's near-future releases. They certainly could arrange a musical show of some sort, but they wouldn't brand it as a Pokémon Presents.

Also unrelated, but you just made me remember of a video from some people singing something regarding one of the Nintendo Directs (I think?), where there's a guy dressed as Pikachu. One of the lyrics is "Games dubbed and translated to Portuguese". xD I didn't see it entirely, just a small part being roasted.
OMG. I THINK I REMEMBER NOW TOO. In this lastest Nintendo Direct, a bunch of ''Nintendo Youtubers'' from Brazil did a parody song about it, and my guys, I cringied so hard I felt a few years leaving my life spam. Everybody memed it death. It was AWFUL.

But seriously tho: Nintendo tries SO HARD to appeal to the br audience, but it fails cuz the games are expensive as heck and there's no br translations. So the games are pricey AND kids can't play them due to it no being available in portuguese.

I live in a country where the minumum wage is a bit less than 1000 reais. A Switch Game costs over 300 reais. No way that's affordable.

I, uh, wouldn't say that it is.

They've already got the Post Malone concert on Saturday, after which they're going to announce more P25 Music information. Spending the Presents on the same sort of material would be redundant, and there's really no precedent for these video presentations being used in such a way. They exist firmly to give consumers a roadmap for the franchise's near-future releases. They certainly could arrange a musical show of some sort, but they wouldn't brand it as a Pokémon Presents.
They did present a Bump of Chicken collab music video when they gave info on the Crown Tundra DLC during last year's Presents.

But yeah, now that I think about it another musical showcase would be redundant if they already have one planned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom