• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG. I THINK I REMEMBER NOW TOO. In this lastest Nintendo Direct, a bunch of ''Nintendo Youtubers'' from Brazil did a parody song about it, and my guys, I cringied so hard I felt a few years leaving my life spam. Everybody memed it death. It was AWFUL.

But seriously tho: Nintendo tries SO HARD to appeal to the br audience, but it fails cuz the games are expensive as heck and there's no br translations. So the games are pricey AND kids can't play them due to it no being available in portuguese.

I live in a country where the minumum wage is a bit less than 1000 reais. A Switch Game costs over 300 reais. No way that's affordable.
Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. One of the reasons I moved out of Brazil was because of unfair prices, especially in games (my biggest hobby). Minimum wage is another issue I used to complain a lot when I was at school years ago. Here in Canada by minimum wage you buy a new PS5 (something I've been aiming ever since it launched but failed to pre-order) with a month salary for example.

About games being translated, it was problematic to me when I was younger, but it was a time that only PC games were localized, so I got used to play PS\Gameboy\DS games in English. By today standards, though, yeah, I agree.

T'was a joke, my good man.

Juuuuust preemptively putting out the panic fires, to be safe. :X3:

They did present a Bump of Chicken collab music video when they gave info on the Crown Tundra DLC during last year's Presents.

Right, but the second part of the sentence is the key there. :)

Given the circumstance that this is the 25th anniversary and the fact that this is getting attention from Ohmori and Masuda, its not too unreasonable to expect a main series announcement is it? Plus there's the domain name, the Pokeball Plus reissue, and that box of chocolates showing the Sinnoh starters with Kanto and Galar's.

I still can't get over the name "Bump of Chicken".

Also, I'd never heard of Post Malone until the announcement, but I don't follow the music industry.

Given the circumstance that this is the 25th anniversary and the fact that this is getting attention from Ohmori and Masuda, its not too unreasonable to expect a main series announcement is it? Plus there's the domain name, the Pokeball Plus reissue, and that box of chocolates showing the Sinnoh starters with Kanto and Galar's.

I mean, the worst that can happen is there's just not going to be a game. Unless you know you can handle the disappointment that comes with expecting a game to be announced and then that not happening, just don't go into it assuming anything, despite whatever evidence there may be.

My unrealistic pipedream for tomorrow is not only that (traditional) Sinnoh remakes will be confirmed, but Sinnohan regional variants will also be confirmed, and we will get an Ice/Dragon Sinnohan Turtonator.

Definitely unrealistic for tomorrow, but I would be kinda surprised if there weren't any new regional variants in these games. They've shown that they're willing to treat it as a concept with legs as opposed to a one-off thing, and it's a useful tool in the kit that previous remakes simply weren't poised to take advantage of until now because it didn't exist at those times. Additionally, the new variants in the SwSh DLC kinda show that they don't strictly need to be linked into the region's culture, if that's a concern. Slowpoke's variants and the new Legendary birds seem to just be new spins on old ideas without any overtly British inspiration behind them.

Don't retcon new forms into past regions.

While you're certainly free to feel that way, it's nonetheless clear that Game Freak aren't averse to the idea of putting newer extensions of old Pokémon into remakes. FRLG was puritanical about it, but HGSS let some of the Gen 4 evolutions in, ORAS let them all in and introduced new Mega Evolutions as well as Primal Reversion especially for the box mascots, while LGPE (not a typical remake, but still) brought in the existing Mega Evolutions and Alola Forms, and an entirely new species. The deed is more-or-less done. Since regional variants are a popular feature that also give the games something new to market in lieu of wholly new species, I'd think there'd be more incentive for them to do it than to not, and most people will either just not even bother to question the continuity of it, or chalk it up to the multiverse.

While you're certainly free to feel that way, it's nonetheless clear that Game Freak aren't averse to the idea of putting newer extensions of old Pokémon into remakes. FRLG was puritanical about it, but HGSS let some of the Gen 4 evolutions in, ORAS let them all in and introduced new Mega Evolutions as well as Primal Reversion especially for the box mascots, while LGPE (not a typical remake, but still) brought in the existing Mega Evolutions and Alola Forms, and an entirely new species. The deed is more-or-less done. Since regional variants are a popular feature that also give the games something new to market in lieu of wholly new species, I'd think there'd be more incentive for them to do it than to not, and most people will either just not even bother to question the continuity of it, or chalk it up to the multiverse.
Adding later evolutions to the Pokédex is fine. I would want Sylveon added to the Sinnoh Dex. Mega Evolutions are okay. It's pretty much a Kalos thing expanded into Hoenn. Let's Go used Alolan forms, not Kantonian forms, and the Alolan forms are obtainable in Galar even though there's Galarian forms too. But Sinnohan forms are something that should be introduced in the original games, not remakes. I'd be fine if they introduce new Gigantimax forms, and maybe new forms for Dialga and Palkia. But Sinnoh regional variants? No way. The only regional variants in the remakes should be the Alolan and Galarian forms.

I am sure they'll give the non-Sinnoh native Pokemon like Sudowoodo a Sinnohian form and maybe even an evolution (like Mr.Rime).

Lets go was an exception because there were only Kanto Pokemon in the game + Meltan.

Adding later evolutions to the Pokédex is fine. I would want Sylveon added to the Sinnoh Dex. Mega Evolutions are okay. It's pretty much a Kalos thing expanded into Hoenn. Let's Go used Alolan forms, not Kantonian forms, and the Alolan forms are obtainable in Galar even though there's Galarian forms too. But Sinnohan forms are something that should be introduced in the original games, not remakes. I'd be fine if they introduce new Gigantimax forms, and maybe new forms for Dialga and Palkia. But Sinnoh regional variants? No way. The only regional variants in the remakes should be the Alolan and Galarian forms.

That just seems kind of arbitrary to me.

Obviously there's no way to know right now if there'll be regional forms in any prospective Sinnoh remakes or not, but how do you justify keeping the feature as something exclusive to games that take place in new regions? What's the rationale? The case in favor of adding variants to remakes is pretty straightforward. It could very well be the case that the developers at Game Freak see a reason not to do it, but whatever that reason could be isn't particularly obvious to me.

I am sure they'll give the non-Sinnoh native Pokemon like Sudowoodo a Sinnohian form and maybe even an evolution (like Mr.Rime).

Lets go was an exception because there were only Kanto Pokemon in the game + Meltan.
Mr. Rime can be in the Pokédex if they need to include him. But no Sinnohan forms for Pokémon obtainable in Diamond & Pearl (like Sudowoodo. You forget that it evolved from Bonsly, a Sinnoh Pokémon), nor Pokémon outside of the Sinnoh Dex. Also, I don't want any Pokémon to be in a state of regional limbo like Meltan, so Calyrex has to be the last Pokémon in the National Dex until Generation IX.

The reason why I think Nintendo didn't retweet Pokemon's tweet is because the Pokemon Presents can cover far more than a Switch game. Nintendo probably knows what Pokemon Presents contains. After all, the parent company needs to know what its development partner is making before approving it.

like Sudowoodo. You forget that it evolved from Bonsly, a Sinnoh Pokémon)

That's the idea. Instead of having Bonsly evolve into the standard Sudowoodo it can evolve into the Sinnohian variant (similar to Koffing evolving into Galarian Weezing in Galar) and top it off with an additional evolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom