• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr. Rime can be in the Pokédex if they need to include him. But no Sinnohan forms for Pokémon obtainable in Diamond & Pearl (like Sudowoodo. You forget that it evolved from Bonsly, a Sinnoh Pokémon), nor Pokémon outside of the Sinnoh Dex. Also, I don't want any Pokémon to be in a state of regional limbo like Meltan, so Calyrex has to be the last Pokémon in the National Dex until Generation IX.
Any new Sinnohan evolutions won’t be in a state of regional limbo. They’ll be from Sinnoh.

Also, I don’t think GameFreak will let National Dex numbering stand in the way if they want to do something. National Dex has been gone for two generations, I doubt it’s coming back; it’s clearly not something GF care about having any more.

I would rather expect a global game due 25 year of pokemon instead of DP remakes. Would make more sense

Honestly, if there's anything I can see them doing instead of DP remakes, it'd be a Super Mario 3D All Stars-esque collection (I hope I'm wrong about this one). Throw in a couple of the older games with little to no changes, charge $60, and call it a day, that's exactly the kind of disappointingly lazy option I can see them taking if they don't want to bother doing a full remake. Other than that, I don't see it being anything other than DP remakes.

I’m hoping for a mainline series game announcement simply because I’m not sure if this forum can survive if there isn’t one.
Honestly I think we could use it after so much controversy whether its Unite or the anime. We need something to celebrate on the forum for once.

That's the idea. Instead of having Bonsly evolve into the standard Sudowoodo it can evolve into the Sinnohian variant (similar to Koffing evolving into Galarian Weezing in Galar) and top it off with an additional evolution.
Bonsly already evolved into the standard Sudowoodo in Sinnoh. And there was a Rock Incense to explain Bonsly's absense from previous generations. To retcon Bonsly's evolution into a new kind of Sudowoodo in the remakes of the games that introduced Bonsly would be messy. Even worse than a whole bunch of Normal types suddenly becoming Fairies. An evolution of a Sinnoh baby getting a Sinnohan regional variant does not make sense at all.

Sense is pretty relative though innit?

Like, does it “make sense” that when a tree-shaped rock mates with a digital drinking bird, it lays an egg containing an offspring in the same form as itself, but when it does the exactly same thing after huffing some incense, it produces a totally different kind of offspring?

Any new Sinnohan evolutions won’t be in a state of regional limbo. They’ll be from Sinnoh.

Also, I don’t think GameFreak will let National Dex numbering stand in the way if they want to do something. National Dex has been gone for two generations, I doubt it’s coming back; it’s clearly not something GF care about having any more.
Meltan was introduce in Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee, but it's not a Kanto Pokémon because it's not part of the original 151. Any new evolutions introduced in the remakes would be after Calyrex in the National Dex that's still used on the official site and Pokémon Home. There were Sinnoh Pokémon left out of the regional dex, but what's a Sinnoh Pokémon that wasn't even conceived at the time of Platinum, and separated from the other Sinnoh Pokémon in the dex by 406?

There were Sinnoh Pokémon left out of the regional dex, but what's a Sinnoh Pokémon that wasn't even conceived at the time of Platinum, and separated from the other Sinnoh Pokémon in the dex by 406?

Who cares? If GameFreak have a good idea for a Sinnohan Drampa evolution or whatever, that idea shouldn’t be thrown away for the sake of Dex numbering.

Honestly, if there's anything I can see them doing instead of DP remakes, it'd be a Super Mario 3D All Stars-esque collection (I hope I'm wrong about this one). Throw in a couple of the older games with little to no changes, charge $60, and call it a day, that's exactly the kind of disappointingly lazy option I can see them taking if they don't want to bother doing a full remake. Other than that, I don't see it being anything other than DP remakes.
Regardless of the (presumably) upcoming Sinnoh remakes and any potential future Let's Go games, I could actually see them doing this with everything up until gen. 3 since these 1) don't require a second screen and therefore wouldn't need much adapting/optimising for the Switch, and 2) they've already been remade in recent(-ish) history, whereas a port of gen. 4 might cannibalise the Sinnoh remakes' sales.

I mean, they already did it with the GB/GBC games a while ago, and honestly, I would totally buy games like Emerald or FireRed again if they were compatible with Pokémon Home; ideally everything that used to require the link cable would simply be available via local wireless multi-player mode.

Honestly, if there's anything I can see them doing instead of DP remakes, it'd be a Super Mario 3D All Stars-esque collection (I hope I'm wrong about this one). Throw in a couple of the older games with little to no changes, charge $60, and call it a day, that's exactly the kind of disappointingly lazy option I can see them taking
While that would be lazy/disappointing, I would rather have that than half-baked sinnoh remakes. If releasing ports gives gamefreak more time to develop good main series games then I'm fine with that. Plus I wouldn't mind replaying old games.

Those are considered Galar Pokémon.

And yet they're obviously directly related to lines from earlier regions, so I'd say there's just as much an argument to be made that there shouldn't be a multi-generation gap between them in the Dex.

I don't think Game Freak care all that much about Dex numbering. I remember when we first learned that new Ultra Beasts were going to be added in USUM, some people wondered and fretted about how they would handle their National Dex numbers - would Necrozma, Magearna, and Marshadow be "pushed back" in order to make room for the new UBs so that they'd be continuous with the existing UBs? But obviously that's not what happened, they just continued on with the numbers as established, and now that part of the Alola Dex goes: 8 Legendaries > 7 UBs > 1 Legendary > 2 Mythicals > 4 UBs > 3 Mythicals. It's a mess, but that doesn't really affect anything important. The sequencing is just there to catalog the real-life order in which these Pokémon were formally introduced.

Cut to a generation later, and now we have evolutions of older Pokémon that are grouped oceans apart from the species they evolve from. An all-new Pokémon that comes after Calyrex but is nevertheless considered a "Pokémon discovered in Sinnoh" would not be that much wilder of a step.

That's also a different issue from Meltan, whose regional purgatory is not a consequence of where it is numerically in the Pokédex, but rather of it being introduced via GO. GO is a game that uses the real world as its setting, so Meltan can't be said to have been "first discovered" in a particular in-universe region - it was "discovered" through GO. But a new Pokémon that makes its debut in Sinnoh-based games would undoubtedly be considered to have been "discovered in the Sinnoh region," even if its numbering distances it from the other Sinnohans.

Meltan was introduce in Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee, but it's not a Kanto Pokémon because it's not part of the original 151.

It can still be considered as a Kanto Pokemon though? It's part of the regional Pokedex in LGPE. It can also be seen as an Alola Pokemon cause of marketing, but considering how they treat it in GO & Home's dexes, they probably just see it as a GO Pokemon officially.

Since when is the concept of Sinnohan forms a thing and plausible?

Regions of 'Japan' (the first 4 gens) have never had regional forms.

I mean, they'd be cool, but there is 0 precedence to expect them.

I remember when I was little, before I knew anything about Black and White, I thought they'd keep pushing back Arceus' National PokeDex number because it was too important to not be the last. Also, the national ordering of Gen 2 Pokémon is a mess.

Sylveon should be the only new evolution in the Sinnoh Dex. Since Mr. Rime evolves from a Galarian Mr. Mime which would likely be a post-game trade, it can be left out of the Sinnoh Dex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom