• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Behold, the ultimate nightmare scenario:

My janky translation:
  • Without Pokémon GO
  • I have no idea what this says. Is batallas a cognate for ball?
  • Regress the PPS and make it mandatory to play in the Festival Plaza Edit: Forget(?) the PPS, we made it mandatory [something something] Festival Plaza
  • Cynthia returns
  • 100% Skill-based
Edit 2: Better translation
  • Without Pokémon GO
  • Battle with wild Pokémon
  • The PPS returns and we ordered to demolish the [expletive] Festival Plaza
    • I fudged this one big time.
    • For any Spanish speakers here, why the use of regresar here but volver for Cynthia? Thanks.
  • Cynthia returns
  • 100% Skill-based
If they have the legendaries as starter Pokémon, all would be forgiven. Otherwise, it’s a hard pass for me.

Well, having new Galarian Pokémon in the Expansion Pass is good enough. Honestly, I don't really care much about regional variants. I remember people mocking Exeggutor's long neck.

If they have the legendaries as starter Pokémon, all would be forgiven. Otherwise, it’s a hard pass for me.

Extremely unrelated and off-topic here, but BOY in 10 years what would you guys think of Let's Go Cosmog? An alternate Alola experience where YOU are the one who finds and saves Cosmog. Of course it would be a special Cosmog just like the Pikachu and Eevee in LGPE, as Cosmog can only learn Splash and Teleport, you'd need to have some attacking moves, it would also be capable of evolving later on in the story, but for a majority of the game it would just be a Cosmog. I think that would be cool.

What if the games are just called Pokemon Diamond/Pearl or Pokemon Diamond/Pearl for Nintendo Switch? It's still a common trend in media, and they can argue the name is different from the originals because it lacks the "version" part.

(Of course I still think they'd do new features, updated graphics and all that, it's just an idea in case they didn't find a convincing name.)

What if the games are just called Pokemon Diamond/Pearl or Pokemon Diamond/Pearl for Nintendo Switch? It's still a common trend in media, and they can argue the name is different from the originals because it lacks the "version" part.

(Of course I still think they'd do new features, updated graphics and all that, it's just an idea in case they didn't find a convincing name.)

Nah, remakes have always added something to the name, or in the case of LGPE, received entirely new names outright. They'll have Diamond/Pearl in them, but they won't be simply called Diamond and Pearl. As weird as the names are, I wouldn't be surprised if the Sky Diamond/Ocean Pearl leak was real. They're odd choices, but they don't come across as impossible, at least not to me. At the very least, if they were trying to surprise us by not going the obvious Eternal/Infinite route like everyone was predicting, those names aren't terrible.

Extremely unrelated and off-topic here, but BOY in 10 years what would you guys think of Let's Go Cosmog? An alternate Alola experience where YOU are the one who finds and saves Cosmog. Of course it would be a special Cosmog just like the Pikachu and Eevee in LGPE, as Cosmog can only learn Splash and Teleport, you'd need to have some attacking moves, it would also be capable of evolving later on in the story, but for a majority of the game it would just be a Cosmog. I think that would be cool.
That is extremely off-topic. Let's put the focus back on Sinnoh. We've got another thread about the Pokémon Presents so it's probably not the best to talk about tomorrows announcement either. But something I would like to discuss is, could the Distortion World make twisty effects, and make you stretch like Reed Richards? That could make it less of a Super Mario Galaxy ripoff.

That is extremely off-topic. Let's put the focus back on Sinnoh. We've got another thread about the Pokémon Presents so it's probably not the best to talk about tomorrows announcement either. But something I would like to discuss is, could the Distortion World make twisty effects, and make you stretch like Reed Richards? That could make it less of a Super Mario Galaxy ripoff.

Oh please I don't think anyone cares if a thread living out it's last 12 hours gets a little derailed here and there, and I've certainly seen it get more derailed in the past lol. We can definitely talk about the announcement here since the announcement has been speculated for weeks, if not months on here. This thread will die as soon as the new games are announced and the mods make a new sub-section for those games specifically, so I don't think they care or anyone else really cares about where this thread goes now.

Well anyway, the Distortion World, do you think maybe they could make it more literally distorted and twisted with stretching and intentional glitches?

Well anyway, the Distortion World, do you think maybe they could make it more literally distorted and twisted with stretching and intentional glitches?

I mean we know from other games that the Switch is capable of A LOT. So I would say yes, if they directed enough dev time to it, the possibilities with the Distortion World are endless.

I doubt it. The "version" part is typically left out of conversation, anyways. It would probably just lead to confusion with people thinking it was an official emulator for the DS game down the line.

Not the best idea from a marketing perspective. People might think it's a port of the original game rather than a remake.

Last edited:
Casual reminder that Masuda has stated in an interview that postgame content is unlikely to be deep due to shifting demographics.
As much as I appreciate a good, expansive post-game, I wouldn't mind little to no post-game content as long as the main campaign has all the good stuff in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom