• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But this is like them going “here’s HGSS... and next year, an open world Johto game!”. They never really do a region twice in a row. And Kanto being in GS after RBY is different due to the sequel nature of those games.

Unless the 2022 game is a sequel to the 2021 game?
My bet is that in BDSP we’ll have plenty of ”Legends say that this crater was caused by battling Legendary Pokemon hundreds of years ago!”

Lol they already took the clip down.

But wow, this looks much better than anything I would've dared to expect. And it totally makes sense for Game Freak to outsource the "traditional" remake so they can focus on the open-world one, it's what Nintendo has been doing for years with their Zelda remakes, for example (developed by Grezzo and Tantalus).

Wow, they already took the clip down. But wow, this looks much better than anything I would've dared to expect. And it totally makes sense for Game Freak to outsource the "traditional" remake so they can focus on the open-world one, it's what Nintendo has been doing for years with their Zelda remakes, for example (developed by Grezzo and Tantalus).
Fully agreed. Let's hope the remakes truly feature platinum stuff and communication with the other gen 8 titles, as well.

Too complicated to fake.

There have been a lot of computer game fake leaks that have been incredibly complicated and often look better than what’s delivered - if I remember right there was an insanely good fake Project Dolphin (GameCube) leak which was a VR based thing. The cinematic that went with it was actually a lot better than the actual GameCube games.

This could be something real and quite exciting but I’m not gonna hype myself up for something that could be proven fake in just over two and a half hours.

There have been a lot of computer game fake leaks that have been incredibly complicated and often look better than what’s delivered - if I remember right there was an insanely good fake Project Dolphin (GameCube) leak which was a VR based thing. The cinematic that went with it was actually a lot better than the actual GameCube games.

This could be something real and quite exciting but I’m not gonna hype myself up for something that could be proven fake in just over two and a half hours.
It's just too much to be fake. I can't put my finger on it, but I've seen lots and lots of fakes, this is too much. UI, moving animations, titles, etc. etc.

My bet is that in BDSP we’ll have plenty of ”Legends say that this crater was caused by battling Legendary Pokemon hundreds of years ago!”
Ok that would be cool. I’d much prefer an ambitious anniversary game that involves time travel instead of splitting things into two different games, but this would be pretty fun too.

Honestly I’ve seen some fakes more detailed than this.
My thoughts exactly. Many fake switch games have made their rounds the last few years that look better than this, so I don’t really understand the immediate “yes finally!” Response this is getting. These pics are if they are final shots, but the content is really rough.

This could definitely be faked in 2021. I don't personally think it's real.

We even have shots from the presentation for the game.
1614339132993.jpg
1614339148065.jpg

So...the video's gone already.
Could someone in spoiler tags please explain what is everyone so excited about? :)

Two games. One is the remake we were expecting but its made by somebody else, and the other one is made by GameFreak but is set in Feudal Sinnoh. Yes, really

So...the video's gone already.
Could someone in spoiler tags please explain what is everyone so excited about? :)
Two games set in Sinnoh. One is a traditional remake called Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl. The other is a game set in feudal Sinnoh that is like a Pokémon BOTW called something among the lines of Pokémon: The Legend of Arceus.

Well well, looks like the leaker is a TPC employee with ties to Nintendo's Hong Kong Branch, that person's in alot of trouble for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom