• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well well, looks like the leaker is a TPC employee with ties to Nintendo's Hong Kong Branch, that person's in alot of trouble for sure.
Sometimes I wonder what happens to leakers. Like, they get caught pretty much everytime, right? Then what happens? They obviously get fired, but do they get arrested or have to pay a fee? Cuz that's definitely a breach of NDA :unsure:

Anyways, keep expectations in check until this Pokemon Presents is concluded.

If everyone's excitement turns out to be from a genuine leak then my theory Sw/Sh could end up being "bridge" games between the classic series and a new era may prove correct.
Edit: I went to sleep last night and this topic was mostly cynicism then wake up to genuine excitement. What witchcraft is this?

Centro hyped up a fake music file literally yesterday... they cannot be a confirmation source.

Centro hyped up a fake music file literally yesterday... they cannot be a confirmation source.
To be honest, they aren't technically a source themselves, they just have secret sources that they don't typically reveal to the public. I have specifically avoided calling them a source based on that observation.

The leaks look interesting for sure. I'll reserve judgment and thoughts for now, but it's nice to see at least.

I haven't seen the leaks because I'm waiting for the presents, so for all I know, they are indeed the holy grail of Pokémon games or whatnot but, just keep in mind that until you get official confirmation, a leak is just a rumor.

People have done a lot of elaborate ruses in the past for no reason other than get a laugh at "naïve" people. Take the leaks with a grain of salt until we get official confirmation.

What the actual hell? This sounds too good to be true. I mean, a remake done by Game Freak AND an open world Sinnoh? Am I delirious because of lack of sleep? This seems very ambitious and not like Game Freak. What's the catch? If this is true, I am very confused in a good way, because I wouldn't have expected them to put so much effort into Sinnoh.

What the actual hell? This sounds too good to be true. I mean, a remake done by Game Freak AND an open world Sinnoh? Am I delirious because of lack of sleep? This seems very ambitious and not like Game Freak. What's the catch? If this is true, I am very confused in a good way, because I wouldn't have expected them to put so much effort into Sinnoh.
I'm skeptical myself, but didn't they move to a new office and significantly upscale their company size recently? If I remember that correctly than such a move could herald an intent to up the ante, even if this particular leak isn't real.

I'm skeptical myself, but didn't they move to a new office and significantly upscale their company size recently? If I remember that correctly than such a move could herald an intent to up the ante, even if this particular leak isn't real.

They did, and they're always expanding, but I don't think they've expanded enough to be capable of what was leaked in that rumor.

I mean open world games take a lot of time and resources usually, BotW took Zelda a good 5 years to do. Handing off some of the main game duties to another company could certainly help, yes, but with Game Freak's size and inexperience in 3D and open world, I wouldn't think they'd be able to pull that off. I mean if they're spending this much time on an open world Sinnoh, what are they doing for 9th gen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom