• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, full 3D, open world, that game looked phenomenal. That was our pipe dream for a Sinnoh remake. I know it's not a remake and it's a new adventure, but nobody wanted lazy outsourced chibi models. I mean the games weren't even developed by Game Freak lmfao, that's a gut punch to loyal fans everywhere.

The DP remakes are a cheap cop out while Junichi Masuda continues to chase his fantasies with Pokemon Legends... the man who gave us the concept for Pokemon Go...

I think Masuda should retire. Pokemon Legends looks cool but the DP remakes seem more like ports than remakes.

Legends be like "We gave you BoTW Pokemon but at the cost of framerates."

Also protags are just Dawn and Lucas but X-amount of years back. Boring as hell.

That said, remake looks nice. The chibis are quite cute, bit disappointed no redesign for Dawn and Lucas and Barry, but I'll wait for more info before judgement.

it looks so bad. hahahahahah. The other game is amazing, but this. This is straight up disrespecting the sinnoh region. I can't believe they are going to release this. I am without speech.
Yeah dp remakes are lazy. Legends looks amazing tbh.

*jaw hits the floor*

It's real. The leaks are real. I can't believe it. BDSP look fine, the chibi style make it look pretty faithful to the original so I'm not bothered. But Legends of Arceus? Hoo boy. I never would've imagined something like that in my wildest dreams. Open world Sinnoh? I would write Game Freak a blank check for that. This is even more ambitious than I thought Game Freak was capable of. Did I lose my mind due to lack of sleep? Did I die and go to heaven? I can't believe my eyes. Game Freak knocked it out of the park today. I'm at a loss for words.

Two worries for the faithful remakes:
- Compatibility with the other gen 8 games
- Platinum-features like the Battle Frontier and a better regional dex

Oh God I didn't even start to think about the inclusion of other Pokemon, is this LGPE all over again where ONLY the Sinnoh Dex will be allowed in BDSP? Lmfao

First thoughts about BD/SP:
- Not a huge fan of the artstyle, I'd rather they use an XY / ORAS art style if they wanted the chibi art style, but I'll cope (Barry looks fugly as heck though)
- "Faithful remakes" is ... not exactly what I wanted to hear, especially since it's Diamond / Pearl and not Platinum, so ... there's a real chance some known issues won't be fixed in the name of faithfulness. Still, I'll try to be hopeful.
- Still, when they break out of the chibi forms, things look surprisingly ok, so I can dig that. I'll be cautiously optimistic about this one.

First thoughts about Legends Arceus:
- It seems to be everything I wanted in a new entry to the series, and while some of the shots had weird, plasticky lighting, I'm willing to overlook that for the gameplay potential / chance of it getting improved further on in development.
- Complete nitpick, but, I was kinda hoping they'd use the 4ever Pokéballs for old-timey Sinnoh. I really liked the design of those and how it just looks "OLD AF", the Pokéball they're using looks more modern to me than the normal ones, lol.
- Actual battle animations means we'll likely have a small Pokedex - and the fact it's in the past, means we'll likely only get Pokémon that were originally available in DPP - I can live with that though.

Over all, I'm OK with the direction GF seems to be going so far. Legends Arceus is the closest Pokémon has gotten so far to tempting me to buy a Switch (entering hallowed company such as SMM2, Odyssey and BoTW).

Also, the translator said Arceus with a hard "c" and I felt so vindicated. Heck yeah. Arkyoos gang unite.

*jaw hits the floor*

It's real. The leaks are real. I can't believe it. BDSP look fine, the chibi style make it look pretty faithful to the original so I'm not bothered. But Legends of Arceus? Hoo boy. I never would've imagined something like that in my wildest dreams. Open world Sinnoh? I would write Game Freak a blank check for that. This is even more ambitious than I thought Game Freak was capable of. Did I lose my mind due to lack of sleep? Did I die and go to heaven? I can't believe my eyes. Game Freak knocked it out of the park today. I'm at a loss for words.

Right? When they started revealing Legends and it was like in the leak I was flipping out. This is so unbelievable. I never saw it coming.

This is the kinda ambition that brought us BOTW and Super Mario Odyssey. I never expected it from Pokemon. But I never expected it from Mario either.

This is really cool....I've always wanted them to take an existing region and do something new with it....so it looks like with BDSP and the legends game we get the best of both worlds!

I'm... still absorbing all of that. That was insane.

I'm with everyone else that I really don't like the artsyle of the remakes. I hate the fact that it looks like a 1:1 remake with even the return of random encounters even more. Really wanted them to incorporate the new mechanics and make it a game that I can enjoy without Gen 4's slow mechanics, whacky pokedex, etc. But still, it should fix the slowness of the originals and hopefully at least use some mons from the Platinium dex so I'll give it a chance.

Legends...looks cool, but I'm gonna need time to warm up to it. Open-world can be pretty overwhleming for me and I couldn't get into BOTW because of that, but I'll give it a chance. Hopefully I can actually play these games. Kinda interesting they're doing this in Sinnoh and not waiting for Gen 9. The concept of a prequel is also interesting, though it doesn't look anything like Sinnoh since it was so long ago so may as well treat it as a new region for now I guess. Interesting way to incorporate Arceus too. So I'll wait and see on all of this. Right now I'm just a bit overwhelmed.

Who in their right mind is going to spend $60 on a top down chibi game that looks worse than the original? How can Let's Go look miles better than this? Even Sword and Shield. This game is going right into the flop bin where it deserves. What a shame because Sinnoh is my favourite region.

Oh yes! A DS main series Pokemon game is finally being remade!

it looks so bad. hahahahahah. The other game is amazing, but this. This is straight up disrespecting the sinnoh region. I can't believe they are going to release this. I am without speech.

Overworld and chibi models are goofy looking I agree, but I'm a little confused about the starter choices for Legends, I mean, I get Oshawott being a starter on account of its evolved form being a samurai but the other two seem a bit random lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom