• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IX Wishlist

same wishlist as I've had for the past 3 gens lol

-100+ brand new pokemon
-actual caves/side areas/eg to explore off the main path. optional cool stuff in the world to discover
-new eeveelution

I actually want less than 100 new Pokémon, leave the grand "#1000" for Gen 10 as opposed to reaching it in Gen 9
Anyways, I have one simple wish, something i've wanted in every game. And Galar somewhat had in some cases, give the gym leaders more of story roles if we have them, not necessarily major characters or anything, but make them exist outside of the gyms. I want to learn a decent bit about the gym leaders without having to rely on the Anime to characterize them more thoroughly. I think Arceus and its wardens was a good start but not quite there yet.

I actually want less than 100 new Pokémon, leave the grand "#1000" for Gen 10 as opposed to reaching it in Gen 9
Anyways, I have one simple wish, something i've wanted in every game. And Galar somewhat had in some cases, give the gym leaders more of story roles if we have them, not necessarily major characters or anything, but make them exist outside of the gyms. I want to learn a decent bit about the gym leaders without having to rely on the Anime to characterize them more thoroughly. I think Arceus and its wardens was a good start but not quite there yet.
Gen 5 did that too, the Gym Leaders there actually got involved in the main story, even some of them trying to help stop the evil team.

In no particular order
  • Following pokemon (without broken)
  • Similar overworld abilities/travel to PLA
  • More trainer battles, with PLA mechanics
  • Improved story without last minute 'twist villains'
  • More exploration, with optional or nonlinear routes
  • Some kind of difficulty settings

• Bring back the Linking Cord: Have it be an optional way of evolution. Like keep the trade evolutions as normal, but give people without IRL friends a choice. Especially those of us that just caught a shiny Haunter and are afraid to trade it in case someone keeps it.
  • Side quests: I personally like all the diffrent requests from Legends. I'd rather do never ending fetch quests than to rush through the main plot.
  • Another Amie/Refresh/Camp thingy: I would very much like to play with the Pokémon. I don't want to just make vauge gestures and have them react and then fall asleep.
  • Prompt to nickname Pokémon: This was probably just a Legends only thing. But as someone who usually names their Pokémon...I keep forgetting to do so because the option is hidden in the drop down menu on the Pokémon screen. Keep the menu option and do away with the Name Rater if you must, just let me name the Pokémon after I catch them, please.
  • I hope this is the ONLY main series game with this art style: Bring back the Sugimori art style for Gen 10. I still can't stand the protags' and NPCs' tiny, tiny eyes.
  • Stonjurner needs to be in both games. As someone who played Shield, it was the one mon that was a pain to get because nobody ever put any up on Surprise Trade. I mean I could just breed my own now and trade up. But given that HOME connectivity is taking forever in BDSP and Legends, who knows how long that's going to take.

Last edited:
do you think there's even a chance that we could get a level edity thing that allows us to make up fakemon and actually have them in my party?

I've always thought something like that would be amazing, but realistically for the mainline games it would have only worked back during the days of sprites.....and even then it would have been extremely, extremely, extremely unlikely.

I've always thought it would be great if they created a Pokemon Maker game similar to Super Mario Maker and let you use sprites from the first 5 generations. It would also allow you to create your own sprites and fakemon.

Some Pokemon fans pipedream is a Pokemon MMO but Pokémon Maker is my pipedream game.

but to answer your actual question: No not even a little bit of a chance.

I don’t think we’re getting 100 new Pokémon. They’ve been giving us fewer and fewer each game. I also don’t really think we need a new eeveelution, and I also doubt we’ll get one unless it shows off some new mechanic (or type I guess)

Can we hope for a national dex again?

New eveelutions. None since Kalos.

New Fossils

New regional variants

Some gen 1-2 pokemon getting new stages (luvdisc/Kangaskhan making use of that baby as a pre-evolved form)

New Pokemon for the region...by that I mean like in Unova gamefreak/nintendo actually sat down and came up with pokemon not native to any other region.

New protagonist that is not related to Ash & Goh. An all new one, even one coming from this new region.

Bring back contests. I personally enjoyed them.

New villainous team or combine TR to be like serious (in early kanto)/B&W & funny...make them win some bloody battles and achieve something/catch more pokemon.

Bring back the XY/BW style...art.

Last edited:
same wishlist as I've had for the past 3 gens lol

-100+ brand new pokemon
This will probably never happen again. We're likely to surpass 1000 total Pokemon this generation - introducing more than 100 new Pokemon per generation is simply not sustainable in the long term.

More physical Fairy-type moves; it's ridiculous that Play Rough is still the only non-signature one.

Return of dual-type starter final evolutions.

I'm actually doubtful of new Fossil mons this gen, if for no other reason than there's been very few dinosaurs discovered in Spain, and those that have been... aren't really well known or too interesting. Not sure about fossils discovered by Spain though, sense that's also valid inspiration

I'm actually doubtful of new Fossil mons this gen, if for no other reason than there's been very few dinosaurs discovered in Spain, and those that have been... aren't really well known or too interesting. Not sure about fossils discovered by Spain though, sense that's also valid inspiration
Doesn't matter though, does it? Tyrannosaurus was discovered by an American, they put it in the France region. Anomalocaris was discovered by a Canadian, they put it in the Kyushu region. Archaeopteryx was discovered by a German in Germany, they put it in the American region.

The thing is that in more recent regions (Alola onward) they have been a lot more focused on making sure all the new Pokemon fit in the region.
Is that why there's a cobra in Britain?

They'll have a few Pokemon that are based on native fauna to the real-life region, but they'll also have creative ideas that don't necessarily reflect the area. That's how it's always been. They're not gonna box themselves into a corner for no reason.

To be fair silicobra is just basically 'sand snake' in Japanese and according to bulbapedia might be based off a false cobra which would make sense since sandaconda (sand serpent in japanese) does not look like a cobra at all.

To be fair silicobra is just basically 'sand snake' in Japanese and according to bulbapedia might be based off a false cobra which would make sense since sandaconda (sand serpent in japanese) does not look like a cobra at all.
They still don't live in Britain!

A velociraptor pokemon would likely not look like the raptors that gave us nightmares in Jurassic Park. Though there ARE multiple types of what is considered a raptor according to wikipedia none of them are depicted like Jurassic Park's anymore. Velociraptors are actually quite small. Like the largest breeds of dog look like they'd be bigger than that little guy. I can totally see gamefreak going with the more modern interpretation at this point. And not gonna lie, I'd kind of prefer that. Growing up raptors didn't wow me because I always saw them as small, skinny t-rexes with wonky toe.

All raptors are fluffy babies. I love them. They are adorable. Give me my fluffyraptor.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom