• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IX Wishlist

Its not something is particularly wish for, but its something i think is gonna happen

Kalos gave us only 3 Legendaries (Xerneas, Yveltal and Zygarde and 3 mythicals (Hoopa, Magearna and Volcanion)

Alola gave us 9 legendaries (The 4 Tapu's, Cosmog, Cosmoem, Solgaleo, Lunala and Necrozma and not counting the UB's, which are also legendaries, but a sub category) and 3 mythicals.

Galar gave us 3 legendaries in the base game (Zacian, Zamazenta and Eternatus) and added 7 more in the DLC (Glastrier, Spectrier, Calyrex, Regieleki, Regidrago, Kubfu and Urshifu). It also gave us 3 Galarian Forms of the Legendary Birds. So counting this, Kalos had less legendaries than Alola, while Alola had more legendaries than Galar, if we don't count the forms. If we do count the forms, Galar has more legendaries. Galar also gave us only 1 mythical with Zarude.

So i think we have to look at around 2 box legends and one overlord (As i like to call the remaining master of the trio who isn't on the box arts), alongside 3/4 other legendaries in the base game (Assuming we are getting DLC). Considering we got the legendary birds as Galarian Forms, i think there is a 80% chance we are getting the legendary beasts as Iberian Forms for gen 9.

Anyways, give us more Fire types than Grass and Water types this time around. The region fits.

Last edited:
I hope regional variants are not exclusive to their respective region anymore. Just make the concept that they are first found in that region. I really wanna see Alolan Vulpix, Alolan Sandshrew, Sirfetch'd, Cursola again. And since Stonjourner is in the game, Runerigus wouldn't be out of place.

A velociraptor pokemon would likely not look like the raptors that gave us nightmares in Jurassic Park. Though there ARE multiple types of what is considered a raptor according to wikipedia none of them are depicted like Jurassic Park's anymore. Velociraptors are actually quite small. Like the largest breeds of dog look like they'd be bigger than that little guy. I can totally see gamefreak going with the more modern interpretation at this point. And not gonna lie, I'd kind of prefer that. Growing up raptors didn't wow me because I always saw them as small, skinny t-rexes with wonky toe.

All raptors are fluffy babies. I love them. They are adorable. Give me my fluffyraptor.
I could see GF starting it out small and featherless, then making it huge and feathered upon evolution.

Or we could get really lucky and get fluffy hellpoodles--blame SciShow for that one--along with nightmare clever girls.

Oh Arceus, multiple raptors. That would be amazing and now I seriously need that in my life. Give me all of the raptors, GF!!

I hope regional variants are not exclusive to their respective region anymore. Just make the concept that they are first found in that region. I really wanna see Alolan Vulpix, Alolan Sandshrew, Sirfetch'd, Cursola again. And since Stonjourner is in the game, Runerigus wouldn't be out of place.

I feel like they could start doing this after a few generations when the shiny newness of regional variants starts to wear off.

Right now they're treating them like bonuses that you can get at the end of a game, but I feel like we're going to get to a point where certain regional variants are just never going to show up again because there's so many of them.

Alternatively, they could introduce some way to change a Pokemon into it's regional forme. (like introduce "Alola Stones" or "Galar Stones) Pokemon already can evolve when they come in contact with a stone, why can't they also change form?

Alternatively, they could introduce some way to change a Pokemon into it's regional forme. (like introduce "Alola Stones" or "Galar Stones) Pokemon already can evolve when they come in contact with a stone, why can't they also change form?
I feel like the main problem with that idea is Movesets, suddenly Pokemon would be able to know the moves of all their regional variants just by changing forms after learning it.

I feel like the main problem with that idea is Movesets, suddenly Pokemon would be able to know the moves of all their regional variants just by changing forms after learning it.
They can do what has been done with Kyurem, where certain moves become other moves after changing form, thus solving the moveset problem.

They can do what has been done with Kyurem, where certain moves become other moves after changing form, thus solving the moveset problem.
The problem there is that in situations like that its only one or two moves, with this it would have to be set up with the entire learnset, including things like TM's or TR's if those return.

Or just swap out the movesets and let the Pokemon keep its current moves, and let the player override them if they want. Why not? It could provide some really interesting movesets, and further encourage the use of certain lesser-appreciated Pokemon by drastically widening their overall movepool.

I guess, but in the past they've had you remove moves from a Pokemon when transferring them. So I don't think it's that much of an issue.

If it works like Legends where a Pokemon already knows all their moves and you just swap them in and out they could just give the player a warning like "Some moves will not be accessible when the Pokemon is in this form.

They could have the unusable moves grayed out in the move list. (with maybe a symbol that indicates that only the Pokemons other regional form can use them.

One thing I don't think I mentioned is I'd love to see another 4 player co-op mode. I don't know if there will be anything similar to Max Raids, but I really hope that there is some kind of 4 player co-op mode. Also, I really hope they can create something better than the Y-comm.

One thing I don't think I mentioned is I'd love to see another 4 player co-op mode. I don't know if there will be anything similar to Max Raids, but I really hope that there is some kind of 4 player co-op mode. Also, I really hope they can create something better than the Y-comm.
The Y-comm was really a step down from the PSS. We really need an updated PSS with better notifications.

Oh yes, that was my favorite part of Max Raid battles. Something like that would be great to have.

The only thing they would need to do is something to prevent easily OHKOing the Pokemon players are fighting against. Max Raid battles already had something like that in place.

The Y-comm was really a step down from the PSS. We really need an updated PSS with better notifications.
The PSS was one of the best online systems they had. Festival Plaza and Y-comm were a huge step down. I do hope they have something that's easier to use.

Oh yes, that was my favorite part of Max Raid battles. Something like that would be great to have.

The only thing they would need to do is something to prevent easily OHKOing the Pokemon players are fighting against. Max Raid battles already had something like that in place.
I still join raids with friends. Its one of my favorite modes and I really hope SV has something similar, or some new co-op mode.

Also, I found the shields to be a good way to prevent OHKO's, but even with them I'd find you'd have attacks not doing a ton of damage.

I hope we'll a few new Pokemon with gender differences. Honestly, I feel like ever since introducing them in Gen 4 and editing a bunch of old Pokemon to have them that gen, we haven't seen too many Pokemon with gender differences. I don't mind Pokemon like Meowstic and Indeedee where the each gender has different movesets and stats, I'd just like to see more simple gender differences like with Raichu or Bidoof. Perhaps if they don't spend so much time making gender differences which are very drastic we might get to see more of them. Gender differences based on real world species like Pyroar and Unfezant would be nice too. Honestly, it's just been a bit disappointing to only get like 2 Pokemon with gender differences each gen since they were introduced.

I'd like to see a new Pokemon with different color options. I like Pokemon like Alcremie and Minor because it's interesting to see people use the same Pokemon, but use a different color. I loved when caught a Minor in Moon and had the mystery of which color I would get. It was also fun for me to decide which of Alcremie's color patterns and sweet combinations I wanted to use for my team. So I hope we can get another Pokemon like that.

I hope we can see a Pokemon with branched evolutions, kind of like Eevee. Again, I like the idea of people using the same Pokemon, but evolving it differently based on which evolution they like more or is more valuable for their team.

The PSS was such a good system and idk why they got rid of it.
I think it’s because you’d have people always online even when they’re just doing things like breeding, so Pokémon’s current level of popularity combined with the PSS could cause too much strain on the servers and result in frequent crashes. At the very least, that’s probably why the Festival Plaza was set up the way it was.

I think it’s because you’d have people always online even when they’re just doing things like breeding, so Pokémon’s current level of popularity combined with the PSS could cause too much strain on the servers and result in frequent crashes. At the very least, that’s probably why the Festival Plaza was set up the way it was.
You can make it optional. Just combine the optional online and notifications of the Y-Comm with the PSS and it would be an even better system.

Festival Plaza was more of a Join Avenue upgrade but with better online.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom