• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IX Wishlist

This has pretty much never been the case, even in Gen II. Communication with older games has always been at least practically necessary since Gen IV. Even if they brought back the national dex there would still be Pokemon you'd have to transfer in.
I know. That post is my generation IX wishlist, not "things I expect to see in generation IX," or "things from older generations that I hope return." There has never been a nonbinary player character option in the core series, and I don't expect that to change in the near future, but I still want it.
And generally seems difficult with how Pokemon are placed in the world now, Hard to place 900 something Pokemon all in appropriate places in the overworld without it feeling overcrowded or chaotic.
Okay, that's a fair point. I'd be fine if a lot of Pokemon native to other regions were only available in something like Ultra Space Wilds.

the main thing i want out of this game is a challenge. be it from the actual gym challenge/main quest, or from collecting all the pokemon. there should be some pokemon that are genuinely hard to obtain, like the regi trio in gen 3.

I want the game's Pokedex to actually be 100% accurate all the time. Don't be Alola's Pokedex that tricks the player into thinking a Pokemon can't be caught even though it can be actually caught. If a Pokemon appears in certain areas due to temporary events like mass outbreaks, have those events tracked so the player can just go there and catch them. The only reason why the not tracking thing works in BDSP is because these games outright tell you which Pokemon outbreak appears in which Route. The only time in which a Pokedex should keep information from the player is due to not seeing a Pokemon. But other than that, there are no excuses.

I want the game's Pokedex to actually be 100% accurate all the time. Don't be Alola's Pokedex that tricks the player into thinking a Pokemon can't be caught even though it can be actually caught. If a Pokemon appears in certain areas due to temporary events like mass outbreaks, have those events tracked so the player can just go there and catch them. The only reason why the not tracking thing works in BDSP is because these games outright tell you which Pokemon outbreak appears in which Route. The only time in which a Pokedex should keep information from the player is due to not seeing a Pokemon. But other than that, there are no excuses.
sure, though in some cases like legendary pokemon, the game should not tell me where they are. i want to find things by exploring the region.

I’m a sucker for regional forms, so however many we’ll get in SV won’t be enough…would love to see more Sinnoh/Unova/Kalos creatures get the variant treatment, but y’all can also count me among those who want a new Eeveelution, it’s been long enough since the last one!

This has pretty much never been the case, even in Gen II. Communication with older games has always been at least practically necessary since Gen IV. Even if they brought back the national dex there would still be Pokemon you'd have to transfer in.
Actually Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire did a great job with PokeNav and Mirage spots. I filled a Living Dex back then, and I can’t tell you how thrilling it was to chase down every single species and check which Mirage Spot appeared at midnight. It is one of the reasons why Hoenn remakes are my all time favorite games among the entire main series.

There's only one thing I want from these new games.

A deeper and richer story. Legends: Arceus was a step in the right direction, but I want to see the games go even further there, with a story on the same level as other top tier RPG franchises. Give me that, and I'll probably be satisfied no matter what other crazy things they may decide to do.

There's only one thing I want from these new games.

A deeper and richer story. Legends: Arceus was a step in the right direction, but I want to see the games go even further there, with a story on the same level as other top tier RPG franchises. Give me that, and I'll probably be satisfied no matter what other crazy things they may decide to do.
do you mean something akin to what we got in gen 5? if so, then i totally agree.

do you mean something akin to what we got in gen 5? if so, then i totally agree.
Gen V was, much like Legends: Arceus, a step in the right direction compared to where the franchise was at the time. But I'd like to see a story that's even deeper and richer.

One thing i'd like them to add is new kinds of weather. we've had 4 kinds of weather since gen 3 (not counting one-off stuff like shadow weather or stuff you can't initiate like fog), so it'd be interesting to spice things up. i have ideas for windy weather (speeds up flying types) and smog (damages all non-poison types every turn; the move by that name can be repurposed), but other variations would also be nice

• The ability visit any area from the start (or near the start, if they want a tutorial section) and fight gym leaders in any order.
  • The ability to throw items/Poke Balls returns from LA
  • ELs return from LA.
  • Sidequests return from LA.
  • The ability to set your own Pokemon as Ride Pokemon (if you don't have any suitable Ride Pokemon, you can still use NPCs as defaults)
  • Following Pokemon
  • A new sidequest that is sort of a combination of the Safari Zone, Mirage Spots, and Dynamax Adventures where you have different dungeons you can explore that change daily and you have to catch as many Pokemon as possible. There's also a stronger Pokemon (perhaps one with the regional gimmick) at the end.
  • All of the Pokemon that were not in 8th gen are in this game's regional dex.
  • The Amie/Refresh/Camp equivalent also lets you decorate the area, essentially allowing it to function as a Secret Base.
  • Integration of a habitat list into the game map.
  • Better villains than Team Yell and Macro Cosmos with actually coherent motives
  • Breeding returns from past game and is retconned so incense items are no longer needed to get cross gen babies.
  • At the same time, start making new babies again. Kangaskhan, Tauros/Miltank, Tropius, and Druddigon would be good choices for new babies (and really Tropius could use the Roselia treatment).
  • Region-specific stones similar to the ones in Go are introduced so you can evolve/breed whatever regional variant you want without needing to actually visit that region.
  • Ground/Fighting Tauros variant + Minotaur evolution
  • Grass/Fire Sunkern/Sunflora variant + evolution

A new sidequest that is sort of a combination of the Safari Zone, Mirage Spots, and Dynamax Adventures where you have different dungeons you can explore that change daily and you have to catch as many Pokemon as possible. There's also a stronger Pokemon (perhaps one with the regional gimmick) at the end.
Yes please! In addition, we should be able to create our own dungeons in a post-game facility and share it with other players to challenge, kind of like Mario Maker.

Breeding returns from past game and is retconned so incense items are no longer needed to get cross gen babies.
It would be cool if the Incense Items did the opposite of its former functions as well, should Game Freak decide to keep those items around.

Region-specific stones similar to the ones in Go are introduced so you can evolve/breed whatever regional variant you want without needing to actually visit that region.
Maybe not necessarily evo stones, but I think it would be cool if the Alolan regional variants that evolve from a standard form could be obtained through the Strange Souvenir. Galar could repurpose their unused Wishing Chip item for the same reasons (regular Pokémon evolving into a regional variant). Maybe make regional incenses for breeding purposes?

Yes please! In addition, we should be able to create our own dungeons in a post-game facility and share it with other players to challenge, kind of like Mario Maker.

I would love this, but I'm not sure if they're ready to do level designing tools yet.

Maybe not necessarily evo stones, but I think it would be cool if the Alolan regional variants that evolve from a standard form could be obtained through the Strange Souvenir. Galar could repurpose their unused Wishing Chip item for the same reasons (regular Pokémon evolving into a regional variant). Maybe make regional incenses for breeding purposes?

The problem with this idea is that it'd be difficult to identify which items serve that purpose for each region. Having random tchotchkes from each region instead of having a uniform item type like regional stones would be very confusing.

i agree with the stones idea. stones hailing from a certain region might contain energy from that region or something, causing the pokemon to evolve as it would in that region. my ideas for these stones would be Z-Stones for Alola, Wishing Stones for Galar and Coronet Stones for Sinnoh. i wouldn't like it if they just named them after the regions; that'd be lame. also, i think it'd be more interesting if the pokemon has to hold the stone while performing the stuff it needs to do normally to evolve into the alternate form, rather than using it like traditional sun/moon/etc stones

i agree with the stones idea. stones hailing from a certain region might contain energy from that region or something, causing the pokemon to evolve as it would in that region. my ideas for these stones would be Z-Stones for Alola, Wishing Stones for Galar and Coronet Stones for Sinnoh. i wouldn't like it if they just named them after the regions; that'd be lame. also, i think it'd be more interesting if the pokemon has to hold the stone while performing the stuff it needs to do normally to evolve into the alternate form, rather than using it like traditional sun/moon/etc stones

That'd be better, but I think just naming them after the region would be the easiest way for people to tell what they do.

And yeah, I was thinking it would be a hold item, that way it could be used for both evolution and breeding in different situations where the base form may or may not have a regional variant. For example, Pichu and Pikachu are the same in both regions, but Raichu has variants, so you'd need to have Pikachu hold it to determine the form. Whereas with Meowth, there are multiple variants of Meowth so you'd need a Persian/Perrserker to hold one while breeding to get the Meowth form you want.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom