• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IX Wishlist

Reaction score
The dawn of a new generation in Pokémon is upon us, and with that comes the obligatory and interesting changes to gameplay mechanics; for better or worse. These can vary from new additions, previous things being outright taken away, or current installments buffed or changed. What are you looking forward to in this new Generation? Are there Abilities you feel should be buffed? Movesets you would like to see expanded? Pokémon you would like featured? Story elements you would like to see manifest? New QoL features you would like updated? Old items given new effects? Features you feel should be possible on the Switch? I'd like to read your thoughts and feelings on the matter. Maybe your ideas or hypotheses may even come to fruition down the road that is later this year.

Let me turn off the Exp. Share.

Coming in here to say the same exact thing! As I said in the other topic, it's kind of a make or break for this game, given how unbalanced Wild Area was and it was mostly a side thing. The open world area in this game is the whole game. You can't have Exp Share forced on and not be overleveled by the end even if you play it normally. =/

NPCs that I will love as soon as I see them, customization, and things I can use for fic worldbuilding. For more specific things, assuming this is a Spain region:

• A reference to the Prado and/or the Reina Sofia
  • A name for the region so I know what to call Spanish
  • Architecture! In particular, Islamic architecture

As far as story elements, I really hope for something similar to Galar where the gyms are considered highly important. I'm not looking for a repeat of the greatness that was Galar's handling of the gyms, I'd just like for them to actually be relevant to many of the region residents instead of just the player and sometimes the rival.

Also, very minor, but I reaaaaalllllllyyyy hope we get the starters from the professor in his/her lab. I feel like it's been ages since that happened. It only really happened in Gens 1 and 2. In Gens 3 and 4 we got them from a briefcase, though still from the professor. In BW we got them from Juniper (though at our house) and in BW2 from Bianca in town. In XY Tierno gave them to us (even though they had Sycamore give us the damn Kanto starters in his lab!). In SuMo we got them from Hala in Iki Town. In USUM Kukui did give them to us, but not in his lab. Most recently Leon gave them to us in Postwick instead of Magnolia. Technically Laventon gave us the starters near his lab, but those weren't new Pokemon.

Not having these things won't ruin the game for me or anything, they are just things I'd enjoy seeing.

I don't know how likely this is, but I hope that Pokemon from the Switch mainline games can come over and thus every Pokemon available in Switch games is available in S/V. Of course, that's not all Pokemon, but a lot are covered.

I just now saw that BD/SP's Pokemon can't be transferred over to Sword/Shield (which is a franchise first. Yikes) and that's saddening. Thought I could have Houndoom in Sw/Sh, but nope.

My Wish List
-Seeing mechanics from Legends Arceus like seamlessly being able to start a battle with any Pokemon by throwing your Pokemon out or even crafting.
-Just having our Pokemon able to follow us or at least being able to throw them out and interact with them.
-Just some side activities. Fun mini games to play to take a break from your journey like Mantine Surf.
-A better story than SwSh had.
-Just seeing there be more than long corridors for routes and caves.

What I want is for all of the Pokémon and Regional Variants that debuted in Generation 8 to be present in Scarlet and Violet. That’s not every single Pokémon from their regional dexes, but rather all the ones that debuted in Galar and Hisui. I feel that doing that would at least be better than immediately keeping them stuck in Pokémon Home for an indefinite amount of time.

My wishlist:
-A Dark-type Gym.
-A National Dex with a thousand Pokémon. The National Dex should be awarded by beating the Elite Four and completing the regional Dex. At least unlike Sinnoh, there's no problem with the Legendaries for a new region.
-The regional Dex should include all the Pokémon that are unavailable in Generation VIII. This is not counting the starters and legendaries unless Dexit is in effect.
-A Battle Frontier with all the Battle Facilities, including Battle Tower knockoffs that could get a new gimmick like a Battle Subway with a time limit.
-Fuecoco's evolution should be part Dragon-type. Quaxly's entire line should be part Flying-type. And Sprigatito's evolution could be pure Grass type.
-A large post-game to catch Pokémon for the National Dex.
-Return of the VS Seeker. And also allow us to use it indoors including caves and Gyms.
-Return of Triple Battles, Rotation Battles, Sky Battles and Horde Battles. Certain Trainer Classes would specialize in these kinds of battles.
-Quests where you team up with an NPC for Multi Battles. One of these missions can include a repeatable daily event.
-Return of Mega Evolutions, Z-Moves and Gigantamax.
-If HMs are to be cut, the best alternative for Surf would be an inflatable canoe.
-Moves should have better animations. No more static Raboot hopping for a Double Kick. All Pokémon that learn kick attacks should have kicking animations. And every Pokémon should react to attacks with facial expressions.
-One NPC who trades you Alolan, Galarian and Hisuian regional variants for their regular forms. Other in-game trades should be a few version-exclusive Pokémon (but not all of them because we gotta keep an incentive to trade with other players) with their Hidden Abilities.
-A moss rock to evolve Eevee into Leafeon, an ice rock to get Glaceon, and a place with magnetic energy to get Magnezone, Probopass and Vikavolt.
-An evolution for Rapidash to get a flaming pegasus.
-New Eeveelutions.
-Return of Apricorns.
-Balls introduced in Legends Arceus get modernized.
-Following Pokémon.
-Free camera rotation everywhere.

One of my wish list items was for an open-world game, and fortunately that has come true. Other things on my wishlist include:

• Character customisation taking a step forward (things like customising eye shape).
  • More customisation options available than ever before (Would love trench coat options but my hope is low for that. If Pokémon UK didn't get any, Pokémon Spain sure won't).
  • Fuecoco actually being a little dragon and becomes part Dragon upon it's final evolution.
  • Dragonite line being available
  • Gameplay being a lot less linear than SwSh
  • The evil team to not be as lame as Team Yell (I disliked team skull and didn't think the next team could get any worse, and yikes was I wrong. A third lame team in a row would infuriate me lol).

*At least one starter remains monstrous/animal based.
I'm not as opposed to human-ish Pokémon as some people but it's getting kind of repetitive for every starter to turn into one.
*Effort Levels from PLA to remain. They were a huge ease of use/readability improvement over the EV system we got in gen 3.
*Bring back triple battles

• No Dragon pseudo- and legendaries, please. We've gotten a bunch of them, let's move on to the next types.
  • At least Sprigatito to stay beast-like. Humanoid starters are okay, but again, we've got too much of them lately.
  • Can I get the soaring feature again?
  • Also with a Pokémon I caught this time, i.e. Riding your own Pokémon like in LGPE.
  • A better-paced story than SwSh, at the very least.
  • More options and freedom to customisation. I mean we should be able to pick our skin, eye, and hair colour, etc. freely (like with colour wheel or something of sort) from the get go, not predetermined.

Absolute destruction of the transfer policy change sometime after the games' launch.

For battle facilities to be plentiful harder but also way more forgiving. No need for 49 battle win streaks 10 is enough.

A way to catch every old mythical outside of timed events.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom