• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IX Wishlist

Unlikely. They're way too stingy about mythicals.
Remember when everyone got excited that mythicals might lose the event status when Deoxyx was made catchable in ORAS with no event? Yeah, that was eight years ago.

Really one of the more disappointing choices Gamefreak has done in recent times (if there was one to begin with because they could have just decided to do it with Deoxys only). Teasing with Deoxys to only just not do it with any other mythical.

Last edited:
Might as well be the same thing of having to pay for a movie ticket, go to the theater, and download it from a booth or something. In fact, movie tickets are cheaper than any of those games.

What i and assume a lot of others want is ingame sidequests to get these pokemon. No events, no having to download an item or anything from the internet, no having to have savefiles from other games.

My personal wishlist
  • If gyms make a return, then I would like to see something more with them, like Galar did. Tie them into the culture of the region, make them more interesting than just a "oh go challenge 8 strong trainers"
  • a catching/battling wild Pokemon system like Legends.
  • more customization options with no separation of them by gender, including hair options.
  • going off of that, we should have more customization of our player character from the beginning scene Instead of just choosing from 8 options, we should be able to choose the basics (skin, hair color, maybe hairstyle, and eye color), then give into the intro scene.
  • Starters actually stay animal like. I don't mind the humanoid starters. heck one of my favorite set of final evolutions, Gen 7, are relatively humanoid, but the animal designs in the past couple of gens have mostly been amazing, so I would love to see what they could do with these starters.
  • I've asked this since I started playing the games, so I'll ask again. Different family background instead of just Mom. How about just Dad? Or a parent and siblings? Heck even just do Gen 3 again and give us a Mom and a Dad okay.
  • another expansion on regional variants. We've seen regional variant evolutions, variants for Legends, and variants for starters. There is one more thing I think they can cover, regional variants of previously only fossil Pokemon whose adaptation helped their species survive extinction.
  • A descendant of a Legends character who doesn't have a clear one now (I'm talking about one's with obvious physical similarities. Like Volo and Cynthia, and Kamado and Rowan. So someone who doesn't have one of those).
  • Voice acting at least for cutscenes.
  • Box art is more than just "Legendary on a gradient background". Let's see one of the major areas of the game with maybe the Legend in the background, or even just the legend within the world.
  • Finally, I want least one new eeveelution. I don't care that the pattern is broken please I just need a new baby.

I feel I am the only person who actively doesn't want voice acting in the games out of fear of it being like, idk Snap quality or something. I know it's unlikely, but I fear it.
TPC already pays quality VAs to do the anime, no reason they can't do the same for the games.

TPC already pays quality VAs to do the anime, no reason they can't do the same for the games.
I'm with @Arcticfoxgamez. I would not want voice acting at all. No thanks. Please no. If they do that then it's just a slippery slope until all pokemon say their names like Pikachu. I DO NOT want that, at all. I hate it in the anime and I would hate it in the games.

My wishlist (so far):

--better story (that I can't correctly call the plot twist months in advance)
--make the evil team actually a threat
--let us make tapas or paella with our teams (two iconic Spanish foods)
--a theater inspired Contest sidequest (a nod to Spain's long tradition of theater)
--Don't make the new gimmick too powerful
--give us the choice to use the EXP. Share
--Battle Frontier 2.0, please?

I'm with @Arcticfoxgamez. I would not want voice acting at all. No thanks. Please no. If they do that then it's just a slippery slope until all pokemon say their names like Pikachu. I DO NOT want that, at all. I hate it in the anime and I would hate it in the games.
Those two things are not connected

There's absolutely no proof of that. Pikachu says its name because it's the mascot of the series. It does not follow that using voice acting - an extremely basic feature of virtually every modern RPG on the market - will cause Pokemon to suddenly lose their cries. All it will do is bring Pokemon further into the modern age.

I want group exp to be able to be turned off again. I always play with it on but for some God forsaken reason it ruins the game for some people and I feel bad for them... wish more people would take that stance with people who want the full dex grumble grumble.

Group Exp. Share able to be turned off, plus a new Eeveelution. Also walking Pokemon again, hopefully expanded on this time, something along the lines of BDSP and Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee, but hopefully more like the latter and with the sizes appropriately scaled like in Legends: Arceus. (Not to mention being able to ride many different Pokemon like in the aforementioned LGPE, and be able to interact with your whole party like in LA.)

I really dig @techitisJ’s idea of regional variants of fossils, but the only thing I really want is to be able to catch wild Pokémon without battling like in legends

I guess I'll post some of my own hopes for these games. Some of them are very unrealistic, but I'll mention them anyway!

• I'd love if these games had an npc system similar to that of Xenoblade Chronicles. It doesn't need to be quite to the level of npcs having relationships with each other (although I wouldn't say no!) but I hope that they bring back npcs having names like in Legends and that those npcs have a schedule of some sort, so they're not just walking around in a circle or something. I feel like it breathes so much life into a world when the npcs feel like they have lives and don't just exist to talk to you.
  • A better story than Sword/Shield. I'm not expecting a master piece but I'd still like the story to make more sense than Sword/Shield did.....Legends had a pretty decent story (by Pokemon standards at least) so if we get something similar to that I'll be happy enough.
  • I hope Pokemon will evolve automatically in this game, or at least give us the option to toggle it on and off. I found that annoying in Legends.
  • Also, I don't mind if the pokedex research mechanic returns from Legends....but I hope it's more of a side thing and not something that blocks progress in the main story. I also hope the research tasks are more interesting, specific and less focused on catching a Pokemon X times or seeing it use a move X times.
  • Ideally I'd like if we were to get a clean 100 new Pokemon introduced, but I'll be happy if we get a number similar to what we got in Alola and Galar.
  • Not sure if this will be popular but I hope the evil team in this game is a bit more serious and threatening. Team Yell felt like a poor mans Team Skull so I'd rather not get a poor mans Team Yell this generation if possible.
  • Also for the above point if they go down the route of having a surprise villain team I really hope they do a better job than whatever it was in Sword/Shield. (I can't even remember what they were called....Magna Opus or something....that's how forgettable and random they were)
  • I hope whatever battle gimmick we get in these games isn't just a repackaged mega evolution/dynamax gimmick. I hope we get something more interesting. Ideally I'd rather see more interesting gimmicks available outside of battling gameplay. (things like dexnav for example)
  • I hope they remove the mist that appears when you reach the end of the map. (or at least make it less intense) I guess since these games are fully open it'll be a bit less common to bump into an invisible wall though. It was annoying in Legends how the screen would become super foggy when you reach the limit of the map, it made it really difficult to see where I was going. Especially if I was trying to catch a Pokemon that was close to the edge of the map.
  • Bring back diving as a part of the Pokemon Riding feature.
I might just edit this post if I have other thoughts and ideas.

Last edited:
Here is my wishlist:

Don't bring back Research Tasks, while it's a nice idea for Legends, I don't want it in every single main series game that comes out after it. Grinding is not my kind of fun.

Keep battle gimmicks away. Let's be real, battle gimmicks shouldn't be what determines a fun Pokemon game and I like that they are making an effort to actually move away from battle gimmicks.

No need for trading for Pokedex completion, the Pokedex is already hard enough to complete as is, with all of the super rare Pokemon and whatnot. This is actually the thing from Legends Arceus that I want them to bring over. Also, while we're at it, stop with the habit of taking away the player's ability to get the other Pokemon because of storyline choices, that's one of the few things I hated about the Isle of Armor and the Crown Tundra.

No need for trading for Pokedex completion, the Pokedex is already hard enough to complete as is, with all of the super rare Pokemon and whatnot. This is actually the thing from Legends Arceus that I want them to bring over. Also, while we're at it, stop with the habit of taking away the player's ability to get the other Pokemon because of storyline choices, that's one of the few things I hated about the Isle of Armor and the Crown Tundra.
Um... We are still getting paired versions (Scarlet AND Violet) so version-exclusive Pokémon needed to trade are inevitable. Otherwise, they'd might as well sell one game.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom