• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IX Wishlist

How often do you encounter non-Water types when surfing or fishing? Besides, like, Dhelmise it may as well be a Water-type ball.

Yeah, but officially it isn't so I don't count it as one. But even if it was, like I said we already have the Net Ball. Yet there are 16 other types which have no specific balls which make it easier to catch them.

I mean that's basically Raihan
Nope, it's more like Blue. Raihan having a random Torkoal on single battles, and a Sandaconda and Gigalith on a double battle hardly counts. Not to mention the game considers him a Dragon type trainer (and the higher percentage of his pokemon are dragon).

And these are still only two in a sea of dozens of single type Gym Leaders.

Nope, it's more like Blue. Raihan having a random Torkoal on single battles, and a Sandaconda and Gigalith on a double battle hardly counts. Not to mention the game considers him a Dragon type trainer (and the higher percentage of his pokemon are dragon).

And these are still only two in a sea of dozens of single type Gym Leaders.
Raihan is technically a Dragon-type Leader, but his actual Gym battle is themed around Sandstorm.

I've loved the fact that each new generation adds a new Pikaclone, and I like that they've been adding new interesting types for the Pikaclones since gen 5. So assuming the pattern continues and we get a new Pikaclone, something I'd like to see are version exclusive Pikaclones. Yep, I'm still talking about version exclusives :LOL: I've actually wanted this since Sun and Moon because tbh, I'm surprised they've not done it yet. The closest we got to that was Plusle and Minun having different encounter rates in RS, but you could still get both in each game. I think it would be so cool to get a different Pikaclone in each game, especially if they got different secondary types.
Given the propensity for rodents to hide in grasses, forests, etc., now that I think about, a Grass/Electric Pika Clone is a bit overdue. It's a rather unique, fun type combination and I would imagine it would weaponize seeds for Grass STAB damage in Bullet Seed, Seed Bomb, and a new seed-related signature move. And yes - I agree Pika Clones should come earlier. I think the reason they've been getting pushed back though is because the recent ones (Morpeko, Togedemaru, Dedenne, Emolga, etc.) are quite powerful early game unlike Pachirisu, the wonder twins, or even Pikachu itself (provided it isn't holding a Light Ball).

I will forgive S/V coming out later this year, I will forgive the forced EXP Share, I will even forgive humanoid final evo Starters...

Just give me voice acting plz GameFreak. It doesn’t even have to be every character all the time, just whenever there’s a cutscene or important moment have some voice acting to make it feel dramatic instead of dead silence. Hell, the MC can even stay a silent protagonist if need be.

It’s just one of those things that make Pokémon feel like it never left the 90’s. :(

Give Piers a song!

Okay, maybe a gen too late but still...

Also, I looked up Piers to see how his name is spelled and look how weird and squished his thumbnail picture is in the search engine:
Screenshot 2022-03-21 092903.png

I hope we'll have another cute moment with our starter like we've seen in the past two games. In SuMo we had the moment in the beginning where our starter had to accept us and then we held them up. Then at the end right before the E4 there's that short bonding moment on Mt. Lanakila. In SwSh we get the adorable cutscene before we choose a starter, and after we pick we get the fist bump/high five. I hope we can see something cute like that, though it wouldn't be the worst thing ever if it didn't happen.

If there's some kind of new special gameplay feature, I hope the starters will be able to take part in it and we can use it in the main story. For reasons to this day I'll never understand, the Kalos starters didn't get Mega Evolutions, which was massively disappointing. The Galar starters did get the ability to Gigantamax, but only after buying the DLC which came out months after the games. I would have liked for those to be made available in the main story, at least an an option. Even if it was just giving us one order of Max Soup and making us wait until the DLC to get more. I just found it weird to hold them off until IoA. Alola actually did it right by giving the starters species exclusive Z-Moves and allowing us to get the crystals normally in the main story. If there is some special powerup in this game, hope for them to handle it like Sun and Moon.

For reasons to this day I'll never understand, the Kalos starters didn't get Mega Evolutions, which was massively disappointing.

Exactly! Giving the Kalos starters Mega Evolutions would have given people more incentive to use them in the first place. The designs could have improved people's appreciation for them as a whole. Starter pokemon are always a central part of the marketing as well as the gameplay experience so it makes sense to involve them in the generational gimmick. Ash-Greninja could have worked as a simple Mega Evolution if you remove Ash's hair from its design. Obviously you have to remove 10 points from its base stat total and rework the Battle Bond ability (either keep it as a Mega Evolution exclusive ability that changes Water Shuriken or give it another ability instead).

Things I'd like to see, in no particular order:

1)All Pokemon from all previous generations obtainable in the game (preferably without needing to trade with older generations, at least for non-mythic Pokemon).
2)Nonbinary player character option
3)Some dual type Pokemon with type combinations we haven't seen yet. I'd greatly prefer exploring the combinations that are already possible than adding more types.
4)Either
a)A villainous team which is actually villainous and for which the leader is the main antagonist of the game, or
b)No villainous team.
I don't care much as to whether the villains are sympathetic. I just don't want a "villainous team, but not really" like the last few generations have had.
5)Multi-type gyms.
6)Some acknowledgement that Kalos is relatively close to the new region.
7)Water and ice-type legendary Pokemon. Yes, we already have many of both, but I'm still a sucker for them.

Things I'd like to see, in no particular order:

1)All Pokemon from all previous generations obtainable in the game (preferably without needing to trade with older generations, at least for non-mythic Pokemon).
This has pretty much never been the case, even in Gen II. Communication with older games has always been at least practically necessary since Gen IV. Even if they brought back the national dex there would still be Pokemon you'd have to transfer in.

And generally seems difficult with how Pokemon are placed in the world now, Hard to place 900 something Pokemon all in appropriate places in the overworld without it feeling overcrowded or chaotic.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom