• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IX Wishlist

This is dumb but it's on my mind- I want Gen 9 to introduce a mutual pre-evo for Zacian and Zamazenta because Gen 8 didn't. Zygarde got new forms a generation late so why not a late prevo for our wolves- they look more related than the Hitmons ever did. Make it an evolution line, Game Freak. Gimme a legendary puppy. >=(

It does annoy me that out of all the box legendaries it’s solgaleo and lunala who are actually evolutionary relatives

This is dumb but it's on my mind- I want Gen 9 to introduce a mutual pre-evo for Zacian and Zamazenta because Gen 8 didn't. Zygarde got new forms a generation late so why not a late prevo for our wolves- they look more related than the Hitmons ever did. Make it an evolution line, Game Freak. Gimme a legendary puppy. >=(
I would love to, but I highly doubt Zacian and Zamazenta are relevant anymore. I don’t see GF doing anything for the previous legendaries other than adding new forms, which is too soon for Gen 8.

Last edited:
Zygarde got new forms because it was supposed to star in a follow-up Kalos game. Only for the forms to be dumped into Sun and Moon because the models have already been completed with animations to prevent wasted time. (Though, I'd much prefer Sun and Moon didn't exist at all and the Kalos follow-up games to take their place as the 20th Anniversary games.)

Was it ever confirmed that there was gonna be a third kalos game? Or is that still just speculation based on previous trends?

There were actually two placeholder data slots datamined at some point labeled "XZ" and "YZ" for some sort of game ID situation, probably in a source code leak for SuMo. So Game Freak at the very least considered some sort of enhanced Kalos installment at one point in development.

Zygarde got new forms because it was supposed to star in a follow-up Kalos game. Only for the forms to be dumped into Sun and Moon because the models have already been completed with animations to prevent wasted time. (Though, I'd much prefer Sun and Moon didn't exist at all and the Kalos follow-up games to take their place as the 20th Anniversary games.)
I honestly love a lot of the gimmick-y, bright and tropical designs Gen 7 gave us. Really some very unique Pokémon.

No more regional variants,pls.
I think they occupied a place for new and interesting mons so... Pls stop,make new cool and interesting designs,Thank you

I would love a proper battle facility. It doesn't even have to be on the same level as the Battle Frontier. Just a good Battle Tower equivalent and maybe one or two more interesting repeatable challenges would be enough.

honestly, after USUM i doubt that a third Kalos game would've been all people crack it out to be.
the difference is that SM didn't actually need a third game to fix its flaws, as it didn't have that many. USUM was therefore different but didn't fix much, as there wasn't much to fix. i feel the same way about Emerald vs Ruby/Sapphire. on the other hand, games like DP and XY did have a lot to fix. DP is honestly about as bad as XY if not worse, but a third game fixed pretty much all of its flaws, and a third Kalos game could do the same for XY

There was plenty to fix with Sun and Moon that didn't get fixed in USUM. The horrid pacing of constantly being stopped for cutscenes, the lack of a meaningful postgame (Rainbow Rocket was prety weak and a missed opportunity, Basically Delta Episode again), how annoying Hau is, how handholdy to the extreme the game is (even on the final island i felt i was still stuck in the tutorial), how easy the game is (USUM only added Ultra Necrozma as anything actual challenging but instead that's broken and poorly balanced), how weak the route deisgn was.

It's legit the first mainline pokemon game i couldn't be asked to finish. And the fact USUM barely adressed any of the issues i have with SM is extremely disappointing.

Last edited:
i'll agree that SM/USUM are handholdy and have too many cutscenes, which they really should have fixed. the Rainbow Rocket arc wasn't the best postgame we've ever seen, but it was amusing imo, and at least they tried. Hau wasn't really all that annoying imo; guy has an actual character arc i cared about. as for the challenge, just turn the EXP share off; no need to make the game harder if there's already an option to make it harder that most don't use for some reason.

And on that note can we please go back to Pikaclones being caught semi-early? They've been getting later and later which kinda annoys me as someone who always adds the Pikaclone to her team. I mean, c'mon can I just get them by the 3rd gym (assuming there are gyms) at least! Having to wait until the dang near end of SwSh to get Morpeko was very annoying (especially since Marnie had one earlier!).

Hallelujah! Got one thing from my wish list; a Pikaclone that can be caught early! Can't wait to use precious Pawmi on my team :bulbaWave:

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom