• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Generation V Ghost War - Chandelure vs Golurk vs Jellicent vs Cofagrigus

Chandelure is over-rated. But I'm not going to let that get in the way. It's just wicked cool. Besides, I love it's shiny sprite. :]

Well, it is a fire type with a badass design, of course it's over-rated. The poor Golurk is way cooler than it, but...

Chandelure. I like the ghost/fire typing, it is really cool, and it will take my soul and burn it if I make it mad.

Who would win in a battle?
I would have to say Chandelure, its vast movepool make it a very tough opponent

Who have the coolest design?
Cofagrigus, the design really caught my eye. Golurk and Chandelure are tied for second, but I have to give credits to the male jellicent, who looks like the pringles guy

Who is the creepier?
Cofagrigus, the idea of being picked up and stuffed into a coffin to become a mummy gives me nightmares

Who has the best typing and moves?
Chandelure! It can learn shadow ball, energy ball, fire blast, etc. And use them all effectively

And finally, who is your favorite?
That depends if I'm playing offense or defense. Offense, Chandelure hands down! But cofagrigus can run trick room well, and most of my other pokemon don't have good speed. Cofagrigus can also spam calm mind due to it's defenses, making its lower sp def better along with its sp atk. And finally, cofagrigus (if used correctly) can get rid of archeops' ability, which would make me almost unstoppable.

Unfortunately, running cofagrigus could also ruin my excadrill's sand rush, lilligant's chlorophyll, my haxorus' mold breaker, and my samurott's torrent...so because of that I'd rather use...

CHANDELURE!!!!!

Pretty tough call.

I like all of them, but I have to go with the Robo-ghost.
I would have never guessed that a robot-themed pokémon could be so cool.
The typing is great as well.

Mr. Faq is very cool as well and offers a amazingly creepy Pokédex entry.

I like them both equally so I flipped a coin... ^^;

The jelly is okay and makes a good Tentacruel replacement while being different enough to even consider it a true replacement. I especially like the female one.

The candle is good,too. I like the typing and creepy dex-entries but something about its design doesn't appeal to me as much as with others I guess.

I don't dislike a single one out of them four, not to mention from all Ghost-types, so this was quite hard for me. All four are original concepts, and, excepting for Cofagrigus, have unique typing as well.

I guess I'll go with Chandelure since I have used one in my test run and it helped me a lot. Planning to use it again, definitely. Plus, its design and moveset are awesome. It can be adorable depending on how you see it, too. :)

Best typing well chandelure is ghost/fire golurk is ghost/ground and jellicent is ghost water cofagrigus is pure ghost so he`s not all that interesting for best type is....GOLURK. For scariest design is...CHANDELURE. Best move set is...CHANDElURE. For more originality we have...GOLURK. So its a tie, golurk vs chandelure! Battle wise they play completely different roles golurk is a physical attacker whereas chandelure is a special attacker. There are more special ghost and fire type moves, however, there are stronger physical ground type moves such as earthquake. Ground/ghost has 3 types doing nothing to it with 5 weaknesses 2 resistances and 1 useless 4X resistance. Ghost/fire is unaffected by 2 ,weak to 5, resistant against 4 and 4X resistant to 1. Their abilities can be very useful but golurk has 1 usless ability and yet 2 extremely useful abilities.Chandelure however, has 3 very strategical abilities which all serve different purposes. but golurk gets my vote with iron fist+STAB shadow punch!

Golurk is amazing. Great physical move pool and the stats for it. And Iron Fist is a great ability. They typing could be better (I thought it was a robot, so Steel/Electric would be the best but it would be over powered that way,) but other than that it is amaaaaazing. A must for my team.

Well,Jellicent would win.It isn't fast,but it's defencive.
The collest design would be Confagrigus.
Jellicent is scary,especally if you got the male version.
Confagrigus has the best typing,sice all of the other types put others at a disadvantage,it knows rock type attacks,and that it has hands that would'nt crush the keyboard:lol::XD:.Note that Confagrigus is still only a ghost type.
My favorite is Chadulure.

I prefer Golurk, because it's a Ground-type, but I'm not really a fan of Ghost-types. :/

Ugh, a toss-up between Chandelure and Golurk. One has a great Sp. Attack stat while the other has a great Attack. I honestly think it would go down to the wire with those two.

Who has the Coolest Design?
Um, let me think... Golurk. I love the design. It looks like a huge robot and anything robotic is instant win to me. So gotta go with the big guy, Golurk.

Who is Creepier?
Chandelure. It yanks your soul from you and burn your body. Yeah, I would never want to run into one of those things, ever.

Golurk. I've never been a fan of either Ghost or Ground types, not until the big guy came around. I'm now using two different types that I would never have touched prior.

...did I mention that this guy is full of win on multiple levels? :XD:

Who is your favorite?
Golurk. Giant robot who wants to protect you and not kill you. Instant win. He'll be my favorite Ghost type until the end of time.

Chandelure would beat them all.
Cofagrigus! It's a sarcophagus with arms!
Who is the creepier?
Cofagrigus and Chandelure are tied.
I've only used Chandelure. So, I choose Chandelure.

Chandelure, most definitelly

I have to say Cofagrigus. It really benifited from Gen 5's moving sprites.

Who is the creepiest?
Chandelure, because of its Pokedex description...

Chandelure again. Its huge attack definitelly benifits its large moveset.

Chandelure would win a battle.
Coolest design would be Gorog.
Creepiest is definitely Cofagrigus (the big hands coming out of it)
Best typing is Chandelure (ghost, fire)or Jellicent (ghost, water)
My favourite is Chandelure... :)

Last edited:
favourite: chandelure
Creepiest: Jellicent
Why jellicent?
This is why: The fate of the ships and crew that wander into Jellicent's habitat: all sunken, all lost, all vanished.
They propel themselves by expelling absorbed seawater from their bodies. Their favorite food is life energy.
Oh god.

1. Chandelure, it's faster than the other three, which allow it to take them all down with Shadow Ball.

2. Chandelure has a really creative design.

3. Design wise: Cofagrigus, and Dex wise: Chandelure.

4. Cofagrigus has the best typing (no additional weaknesses is better than more resistances) while Chandelure has the best moves for now (Golurk w/ the elemental punches is inevitable).

5. My favorite is Golurk because it's a giant robot; it automatically makes it awesome.

Chandelure, high speed + high special attack

I'm not sure... Golurk or Chandelure. I'd go with Golurk.

Who is the creepier?

Cofagrigus easily wins this one because of it and its prevo's dex entries.

Chandelure.

So overall, I go with Chandelure.

Who would win in a battle? Chandelure wins everytime.
Who have the coolest design? Chandelure, especially shiny ones.
Who is the creepier? Don't care.
Who has the best typing and moves? Jellicent is better in this category. Resistances are slightly more important than weaknesses.

I like Chandelure the most. 427 spatk and one of the bests designs are just too much to pass up though jellicent is the best battler.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom