• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation V hints

Reaction score
• Colress and Grimsley make appearances in Sun and Moon, and their predecessors. With entirely new designs just like Elesa in BW2
• Splicing is reintroduced in Ultra Sun and Ultra moon
• Galarian forms for Stunfisk, Darumaka, and Darmanitan are introduced in generation VII. This includes a zen mode. Making Darmanitan the first pokemon to have two regional forms.
• The C-gear is prompted as an ad in one of the stadiums in the Galar region
• Splicing is reintroduced with Calyrex
• The swords of justice are catchable in the wild
• Hisuian forms for the Zorua Line, Braviary, Lilligant and etc, are introduced in Legends Arceus

Imo most of these are less of hints for Unova remakes and more just things from those games carrying over to later games in the franchise. Unova is definitely one of Game Freak’s favorite children.

I’d love to return to Unova and it’s more or less inevitable but I think it’s up in the air whether we go back to Unova or Johto first

Imo most of these are less of hints for Unova remakes and more just things from those games carrying over to later games in the franchise. Unova is definitely one of Game Freak’s favorite children.

I’d love to return to Unova and it’s more or less inevitable but I think it’s up in the air whether we go back to Unova or Johto first
Well I'd like to point out a Johto remake coming before Unova wouldn't be "fair". As differently as Gamefreak is doing things, things "carrying over" has been a tradition since Diamond and Pearl. I'm referring to the gold and silver pokeball in diamond and pearl. Of course pokemon like Corsola and Stantler got their fair share.

Let's compare this to Generation VI where Pokemon of all previous regions gained mega evolution. Dispite popular pokemon like Lucario getting new forms Hoenn pokemon became the second denominator following Kanto.

Gamefreak couldn't make a standard Johto remake because that would be very confusing for the fanbase. A let's go game would be more natural. Most of the fanbase probably doesn't like Let's Go.

Unova is next in my eyes. I hope gamefreak/illca doesn't blow money into a let's go title and take their time with whatever they'll do with Gen V. If you hadn't noticed a few announcements were shadow dropped such as that short with Ash

Just like they're taking their time with DP2 and Sleep so are they with Scarlet and Violet. They won't invest in a let's go game. But if not it's for the best.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom