• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking though, what if Primal Zygarde, cancels out megas? Like what if mega evolution is the direcy issue at hand and not a by product of the plot, and balancing out the ecosystem is really cancelling out megas?

In an earlier post that I had made(don't know if it was in this thread or not), I had a theory that what if Mega-forms in nature are supposed to be exclusive to Legendaries. If we are to go by ORAS and X/Y, the very first and only Pokémon known in ancient history to have Mega/Primal forms that occur without the use of human tech are Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, and quite possibly Diancie(I have this feeling that Diancie's and Carbink's association with crystal energy has a close connection with Mega-Evolution and Infinite Energy as a whole). As far as we know, all of the other 'mons that are not Legendaries didn't gain Mega-Evolutions until AFTER the Ultimate Weapon was used by AZ. The Legendary Megas are "natural", while the non-Legendary Megas are "artificial". But this is only a theory I thought up out of boredom.

With all of that said, what if in a Kalos sequel we get an N-ish character(maybe the long-lost "Aster"?) that thinks Mega-Evolution for regular 'mons is unnatural due to the Ultimate Weapon and thinks it should only be exclusive to Legendaries? Aster decides to use Zygarde's power and the Anistar Sundial to wipe out Mega-Evolution from the whole world. Zinnia comes along and since Zygarde is part Dragon-type is the only one(let's say her grandmother stays in Hoenn or passes away) who can teach Zygarde either Thousand Waves or Thousand Arrows. Zinnia is forced to either side with Aster in carrying out her/his plan, or side with the protagonist to save Mega-Evolution from being wiped out. Depending on the version, you would of course either get Xerneas or Yveltal. Cue the Power of Friendship trope to teach Aster a lesson that Mega-Evolution for non-Legendaries isn't a bad thing after all and is crucial for the friendship between humans and Pokémon.

Interesting idea, especialy since the Draconids had been portrayed as extremists (considering the Delta Episode's events and their portrayal in Special, but then again Special's portrayal of N was at odds with the games). Still I expect themes of extremism and moderation to ensue with this plot

I was also thinking that for using the Anistar Sundial with Zygarde, they could probably use the Sundial as a power conduit of sorts to make its "secret power" to extend all of the regions. Since the Ultimate Weapon was destroyed in X/Y, they can't really use it in a reverse mode.

I was also thinking that for using the Anistar Sundial with Zygarde, they could probably use the Sundial as a power conduit of sorts to make its "secret power" to extend all of the regions. Since the Ultimate Weapon was destroyed in X/Y, they can't really use it in a reverse mode.

Unless this is a Prequel to ORAS, I'm not gonna support that. I actually like not having to wait until a certain hour to grab mega-stones thanks.

Unless this is a Prequel to ORAS, I'm not gonna support that. I actually like not having to wait until a certain hour to grab mega-stones thanks.

I don't really get what you mean by that... and the snitty-ness was kind of uncalled for.

I don't really get what you mean by that... and the snitty-ness was kind of uncalled for.

My apologies, The whole "forcing people to wait until a certain time" thing was the only thing I remember the sundial doing

My apologies, The whole "forcing people to wait until a certain time" thing was the only thing I remember the sundial doing

The idea that I'm thinking of doesn't require a certain time for it to be used, at least for the main plot in the story part of the game. The bad guys use the Sundial with Zygarde like how Lysandre used Xerneas/Yveltal in conjunction with the Ultimate Weapon. The Sundial would basically be a substitute of the Weapon, since that was destroyed in X/Y.

Either way, I still think that the Sundial should be used in the story somehow. It's one of the many loose ends in Kalos that clearly have a connection with Mega-Evolution, and now probably Infinite Energy since Sycamore theorizes it's made out of the same energy as the Mortality Trio and the Ultimate Weapon.

I think when it comes to the sundial, and mefas being available 24/7, they have the perfect opportunity to give us a story with an already active, if not powerful team. Have the games start out with news on team flare experimenting on it, and have them suceed. After overloading it with infinite energy, mega stones not only appear in abundance, but it creates a spike of evolutions in wild Pokemon. More importantly, it also creates random outbursts of meg evos in wild Pokemon, giving the game s an edge. This doesn't turn out to be too much of an issue in the beginning, but the situation escelates as their mptives becpme clearer, and this is where the plots diverge. In one game, XZ, Xerneas comes out of hiding, uses said energy to create an abundance of wild Pokemon, while in YX, Yveltal makes wild Pokemon sick, causing a drought in wild Pokemon. This effects the difficulty, as in XZ you have a lot of wild Pokemon to battle, and at high levels to boot, making it easier to level up ans get stronger Pokemon, meanwhile in YZ the encounter rate falters, making it harder to grind, wgile rare and strong Pokemon need some hunting to get.

I honestly want something this drastic. Sequels or a 3rd version, or something new, it doesn't really matter unless they shale up the story and gameplay, its all been done. Outside of story, I would only really be fine with not a third game, but XY redux. I know what you are going to say, XY redux IS the third version. But its not. What I think could diifrentiate it from a third version is:
Have it be XY. But with major differences in the story. Zygarde would not be that however. The looker quest is intergrated into the game, and the Zygarde plot is post league, separate from the XY plot
New areas to support the retooled post league.
Tie Kalos and Hoenn together in a coesive way.

Basically, you aren't replaying XY just to play a big post league thing, you are playing XY to experience it in a way that is more enjoyable, logical, and also offera a nice big surprise for you to enjoy afterwards.

I think when it comes to the sundial, and mefas being available 24/7, they have the perfect opportunity to give us a story with an already active, if not powerful team. Have the games start out with news on team flare experimenting on it, and have them suceed. After overloading it with infinite energy, mega stones not only appear in abundance, but it creates a spike of evolutions in wild Pokemon. More importantly, it also creates random outbursts of meg evos in wild Pokemon, giving the game s an edge. This doesn't turn out to be too much of an issue in the beginning, but the situation escelates as their mptives becpme clearer, and this is where the plots diverge. In one game, XZ, Xerneas comes out of hiding, uses said energy to create an abundance of wild Pokemon, while in YX, Yveltal makes wild Pokemon sick, causing a drought in wild Pokemon. This effects the difficulty, as in XZ you have a lot of wild Pokemon to battle, and at high levels to boot, making it easier to level up ans get stronger Pokemon, meanwhile in YZ the encounter rate falters, making it harder to grind, wgile rare and strong Pokemon need some hunting to get.

I honestly want something this drastic. Sequels or a 3rd version, or something new, it doesn't really matter unless they shale up the story and gameplay, its all been done. Outside of story, I would only really be fine with not a third game, but XY redux. I know what you are going to say, XY redux IS the third version. But its not. What I think could diifrentiate it from a third version is:
Have it be XY. But with major differences in the story. Zygarde would not be that however. The looker quest is intergrated into the game, and the Zygarde plot is post league, separate from the XY plot
New areas to support the retooled post league.
Tie Kalos and Hoenn together in a coesive way.

Basically, you aren't replaying XY just to play a big post league thing, you are playing XY to experience it in a way that is more enjoyable, logical, and also offera a nice big surprise for you to enjoy afterwards.

So save Zygarde for like an "Episode Z" after the League? That would be interesting, but if Zygarde is supposed to be the star in the next movie as opposed to "just being there", I don't really see Game Freak doing it. I think it's more likely he'll get the same treatment as Giratina and Kyurem, it's just a matter of what kind of game or games we get.

Besides that, I think a lot of people would be more inclined to buy a 3rd version with Zygarde central to the main plot instead of a dual-release X/Y repeat that saves the 3rd version mascot for post-game. ORAS is a different situation, in that they're remakes of games that were released roughly 10 years ago.

Thing is though see it more as a dual game situation. Zygarde IS the box mascot, but alongside Xerneas/Yveltal. Think of the XY portion as the more traditional Pokemon game, that leads into a deeper Episode Delta situation. Instead of doing sequels that reuse a region(despite my love for B2W2, going through Unova again had its downsides)redo your core game, and offer something different for the post league. Explore new areas,expand the mythos, and lead into a plot that involves Zygarde. As muchas I can speculate on how Kalos sequels could work, a major issue would be the fact that the main character is finally recognized as a hero, as the savior of a region. What need would there be for a new pair of PCs and their friends when there already is a rag tag group of established protectors for the region? Instead, you get a retooled plot, and then a post league that is difficult, extremely diferent from what we have gotten so far, and actually makes sense. As the newly recognized protectors of Kalos, Calem/Serena and co travel to South Kalos, a batle focused portion of Kalos to investigate on splinter cells of Team Flare. More importantly, with Looker moved to the main game, he could get some focus for his origins, and maybe five us some more alternate universe exposition. Lastly, Zygarde would tie into the legendary thatyou caught. Or perhaps it could be the one stil out there? But yeah, sequels are cool, but highly improbable now that I am considering them in earnest.

a major issue would be the fact that the main character is finally recognized as a hero, as the savior of a region. What need would there be for a new pair of PCs and their friends when there already is a rag tag group of established protectors for the region?

There ARE some ways GF can get rid of Calem/Serena for the new protags. Time Skip to after they're dead, Have them die offscreen attempting heroics, or The villains becoming aware of their existance and putting them in a stasis of sorts. Hoopa can also be used to warp them to another region (its not like he had to be in the game for that, considering he still affects ORAS)

Actually tying back into the sundial, it could be possible that their experimenting on it causes a chain reaction JUST when out ragtag group arrives to thwart their plans and petrifies them (similar to what happened in pokemon Special with the Kanto 'Dex Holders and Silver)

I still don't see any hard evidence whatsoever pointing towards two Kalos games rather than one. If they announce two games, I'll buy them. But I'm convinced all we're getting is one game. Whether it's a sequel, prequel, enhanced version or something else entirely, I'm sure it's just one game.

Also, even if we DO get sequels, why are people assuming these past few pages that it'll be another 2-year jump? Sequels can happen anywhere from 1,000 years after an event to 1 second after. Sequels could pick up right where X/Y left off. Don't assume B2/W2's 2-year gap is a given for every single generation's final game.

I think somewhere close to the 5 year nark is definitrly in the renge of possiblity, not really a whole lot of time though to give a fulfilling explanation for the lack of the previous mcs. And I douvt they would go as far as actually harming em to do so.

I still don't see any hard evidence whatsoever pointing towards two Kalos games rather than one. If they announce two games, I'll buy them. But I'm convinced all we're getting is one game. Whether it's a sequel, prequel, enhanced version or something else entirely, I'm sure it's just one game.

Even though I'm taking Game Freak's claim of "trying new things" with a grain of salt(in fact, I think we all should be doing so, because Game Freak has now become unpredictable at this point), I think we should still be open to the possibility of getting paired versions, regardless of they're sequels, prequels, blah blah.

I thought the same thing about single vs paired games until somebody else had explained Thousand Arrows/Thousand Waves a little better. Both moves are supposed to be more powerful versions of Land's Wrath, and supposedly each one is specific to counter Xerneas and Yveltal. Not to mention his current stats don't match up to either Xerneas or Yveltal, which means he'll likely get a power boost via a transformation of sorts. I personally don't see why we can't have both moves and forms in one game instead of having to split it among two versions, but then again I don't know a whole lot about game programing.

I'm still holding on to the hope that we get either a single game or a paired version that act as sequel/tie-ins for both X/Y and ORAS. I'm sorry, but there's too many blunt Kalos references in ORAS for them to be ignored. I'm on the fence about single vs paired 3rd version/sequels, but the connections between Kalos and Hoenn is something that I'm almost certain about.

Now that I have the time, I can explain what I mean about the ecosystem problems I think Zygarde is trying to prevent, my example will be using Krill’s, Fishes, Big Fishes and Sharks, If the Beam that use Yveltal energy from the weapon hits the fish, they all die, then the Krill population overtakes everything, the sharks eat all the big fish, the ones not eaten die due to starvation, soon come the sharks also. If the beam that uses Xrns energy from the weapon hits the fish, they become immortal and the big fish starve to death/ shark eaten, sharks soon die from starvation, and the krill are all eaten, thus the fish population takes over everything. So if either of the beams hit a Pokémon, it can ruin everything in the ecosystem, and Zygarde gets all mad because he is a big bad legendary Pokémon and can get away with it.

Another situation is that I feel Malvia was the original Team Flare Leader, she does have a known history with Team Flare, and we know that Lysander tried not be bad, but saw his efforts fruitless and became bad, plus she has all of the fire type Pokémon you would expect the leader to have, I mean TEAM FLARE, ONE FIRE TYPE<_> fo real, it is so, unexpected and weird, I just can’t…..comprehend there logic. So, this seems logical, for them.

My one concern is having to throw away everything I already did in Kalos so I can go back and do a chunk of it for a second time :/

Unless they develop some system where players can keep their save and continue, then almost any activity which carries over, like Clothing, BP items, Trainer Card, Maison Records, Battle Chateau, Lumiose Style, Mega Stone Collection, etc. will be reset...Badges too, if we see mostly repeated Gyms like BW2.

IIRC, if you registered BW2 on the old Global Link and you already had BW locked in as well, then your profile and Dream House could be carried into the updated version of the website. Although my on that memory is a little fuzzy...Either way. That's along the lines of what I'd like to see as an option for XY owners, if at all possible.

Storywise, I'd love to continue playing as the Champion Calem/Serena for a change, and work with old friends on a new mission for the Zygarde plot in an expanded and refurbished Kalos Region. The other option of course can be the more expected one, with newcomers taking on the Badge Quest and Zygarde story from their perspective a la BW2. Sooner expecting the latter alone because of precedent, but a guy can dream.

Last edited:

Even though I'm taking Game Freak's claim of "trying new things" with a grain of salt(in fact, I think we all should be doing so, because Game Freak has now become unpredictable at this point), I think we should still be open to the possibility of getting paired versions, regardless of they're sequels, prequels, blah blah.

I thought the same thing about single vs paired games until somebody else had explained Thousand Arrows/Thousand Waves a little better. Both moves are supposed to be more powerful versions of Land's Wrath, and supposedly each one is specific to counter Xerneas and Yveltal. Not to mention his current stats don't match up to either Xerneas or Yveltal, which means he'll likely get a power boost via a transformation of sorts. I personally don't see why we can't have both moves and forms in one game instead of having to split it among two versions, but then again I don't know a whole lot about game programing.

I'm still holding on to the hope that we get either a single game or a paired version that act as sequel/tie-ins for both X/Y and ORAS. I'm sorry, but there's too many blunt Kalos references in ORAS for them to be ignored. I'm on the fence about single vs paired 3rd version/sequels, but the connections between Kalos and Hoenn is something that I'm almost certain about.

There's nothing programming-wise stopping them from putting Xerneas and Yveltal both in Z (like in Emerald and Platinum) and giving Zygarde two new Formes/Mega's/Primal's/Whatever's (both Sky Shaymin and Origin Giratina were in Platinum) all in the same game. And both moves are already in the coding for X/Y/OR/AS, so it's not like they'd disappear from one game or the other in the hypothetical X2/Y2 after not being version-exclusive in previous code. If GameFreak decide to do it, it's because they and Nintendo want more money, that simple.

Yeah, they're likely doing another paired version but literally nothing is stopping them from doing another single version, no matter what the plot.

Now that I think about it, a third version would probably be the best decision long time. The sixth generation was a huge step forward technologically and battle-wise. We got full 3D graphics and mega evolutions. Compare that to the 5th gen, which had next to no big new inventions, and you'll see it's all quite impressive. It might very well be the generation with the most changes ever.

However, the story took a huge step back from the fifth gen. The Unova games had barely any new developments except for how the story was really refined this time around. The only other time I've been so involved in a Pokemon plot was in Emerald. The Kalos games gave us lots of upgrades gameplay wise but the story on the other hand was severely lacking. At times X/Y can feel like just a battle simulator with nice graphics.

If GameFreak makes a third version they could finetune the story and create a product that has both great technological developments and an immersive story. If they try their hand it now, they'll probably get the hang of it come Gen 7 which could then very well become a contender for best gen ever.

(both Sky Shaymin and Origin Giratina were in Platinum)

You're gonna have to explain this because I'm not understanding what you're going for here.

Those two have zero relation in the game (and outside of that one movie) unlike Zygarde's two forms will (see: Kyurem for a comparison). Plus Shaymin is an event Pokemon while Giratina isn't.

The games dictate to the anime, not the other way around.

You're gonna have to explain this because I'm not understanding what you're going for here.

Those two have zero relation in the game (and outside of that one movie) unlike Zygarde's two forms will (see: Kyurem for a comparison). Plus Shaymin is an event Pokemon while Giratina isn't.

I think he's referring to how certain forms were exclusive to a certain game onwards, in addition to the 2 listed, we also had Rotom, Black/White Kyurem and the buttload of megas in OR/AS, one of those WAS plot-relevant (Rayquayza)

I think he's referring to how certain forms were exclusive to a certain game onwards, in addition to the 2 listed, we also had Rotom, Black/White Kyurem and the buttload of megas in OR/AS, one of those WAS plot-relevant (Rayquayza)

Maybe it's that. I thought the point was that Shaymin Sky and Giratina Origin were both in the same game and not two separate versions like people are speculating Z to be because of Zygarde's two forms (moves). Because that comparison doesn't work for the reasons I said in my reply to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom