• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think when it comes to the sundial, and mefas being available 24/7, they have the perfect opportunity to give us a story with an already active, if not powerful team. Have the games start out with news on team flare experimenting on it, and have them suceed. After overloading it with infinite energy, mega stones not only appear in abundance, but it creates a spike of evolutions in wild Pokemon. More importantly, it also creates random outbursts of meg evos in wild Pokemon, giving the game s an edge. This doesn't turn out to be too much of an issue in the beginning, but the situation escelates as their mptives becpme clearer, and this is where the plots diverge. In one game, XZ, Xerneas comes out of hiding, uses said energy to create an abundance of wild Pokemon, while in YX, Yveltal makes wild Pokemon sick, causing a drought in wild Pokemon. This effects the difficulty, as in XZ you have a lot of wild Pokemon to battle, and at high levels to boot, making it easier to level up ans get stronger Pokemon, meanwhile in YZ the encounter rate falters, making it harder to grind, wgile rare and strong Pokemon need some hunting to get.

I honestly want something this drastic.

I back this 100%. I'd love to see more drastic, diverse changes between the main paired games. Give me a reason to buy/play both titles, apart from for my collection.

Fire Emblem: Fates is a perfect example of what I'd like to see, and Pokemon touched upon it in Gen III, and again in Gen V. This extends beyond just a Zygarde based game/s, but to all paired versions in future. Different storylines, locations, more varied Pokemon availability, different mega stones, legendaries, divived equally in games...etc.

The supposed Zygarde sneak peek has reawakened my hype. I can't help it.

If it really is leading up to new main series games then we'll see them released before next summer, before the movie. Early 2016, in time for the Anniversary maybe?

The supposed Zygarde sneak peek has reawakened my hype. I can't help it.

If it really is leading up to new main series games then we'll see them released before next summer, before the movie. Early 2016, in time for the Anniversary maybe?

If this ends up being the case, then I'm hoping that they'll go all out with "Z" or whatever it is we get. I honestly feel like X/Y and ORAS has been slowly building up to something good. If I'm wrong, I'll shoot myself with a bullet made of ice cream.

xy movie 3.jpg And let the speculation begin

Hi, first post, but I've been lurking here for ages. The zygarde news finally got me hyped enough to sign up and post.

That said, I think I fully expect prequels rather than sequels at this point. One, it would definitely be a new direction for the series, and they pretty clearly want to keep doing new things.
Two, and someone can correct me if I'm wrong (I can't find info on this anywhere online, but maybe I'm just not using the right search terms) isn't there an NPC in X/Y who says that there was a team that was trying to use the mortality duo for nefarious purposes prior to X/Y? Wishful thinking on my part as a dark-and-ghost trainer hopes its the same team hoopa messed up as mentioned in the X/Y hoopa event. Probably not though...
Three, the 6th gen games to date have a strong emphasis on history, and I think that whether we go back to the kalos war or just a few years, they're trying to steer us toward looking back. It's just a feeling, though, partially based on how much I want to see a prequel.
Four (which is the weakest of my numbers here) the dimensions theme could also be pointing at it. Spatial dimensions X, Y, and Z come from the legendary trio, and then also some fun playing with the temporal dimension, too? Idk, like I said, weak link.

So that's me, posting for the first time.

Does anyone know enough Japanese to give us some more info? Right now this could be anything.
This is from the teaser trailer for Movie 19.

It's something related to Zygarde, definitely, but we have no idea what it is. New form? Mega evo? Primal form?

The caps on the cape/wing things look like zygarde's hexagons. The lack of surroundings for reference is getting me, too. 8s this thing 50 feet tall? It looks like it could be.

Edit: also looks like there's zygarde hexagons on the hands in some shots. The symbol on the head, though, doesn't look like one, so what gives?

Last edited:
View attachment 98434 And let the speculation begin

That's a rather drastic change from the original Zygarde, it went from a snake to being a humanoid monster, it's pretty different from what we've seen in other form changes.

Edit: To speculate a bit, I wonder if that Hinduism theory may be correct. The thing that made people more resilient to the idea was that neither of the three legendary Pokemon were humans (or at least humanoid), so they favored the more animalistic portrayal provided by the Norse theory. Zygarde went drastically in that direction, forming a potential visual connection to those Hindu gods unlike what was speculated, so it would fit that motif better then before. It also would work since Ananta Shesha and Vishnu are associated with each other, so a snake transforming into a human-like creature would reference that.

Last edited:
Whoa... My theory that a Zygarde form could derive very differently form the original could be true! There are a few areas that tell me it could still be a Zygarde form: The polygon-shaped eyes, and that there looks to be the 5 "points" on its head similar to Zygarde, though the image is too dark and blurry to make it all out...

I swear... Game Freak sure loves to drive us Pokefans crazy! xD

Looks awful. Like a Power Rangers villain. Was hoping it would stay snake-y. :/

The symbol on the head, though, doesn't look like one, so what gives?

Zygarde has that already. It has one big crack down its head that lights up. I'm guessing the other two lights are its eyes now fully lit up, rather than how Zygarde currently only has the odd hexagan light up (visible below)

718Zygarde_Dream.png
BT718.png

Last edited:
I couldn't see it at first, but this does look a lot like a new Zygarde forme given the patterns that can be seen lighting up on the third image as well as the one that's constantly lit up on its forehead. At this point I reckon a third version is the safest bet for Gen VI's immediate future. Whether said third version throws in any twists like Gen V did with B2W2 remains to be seen.

As well as the inevitable Volcanion showcase in XY Movie 3 (comes to something when I now forget how many Pokemon movies there have been in total!), I hope we see one or two Gen VII Pokemon cameo too. Seeing Pokemon like Kecleon, Blaziken, Munchlax and Weavile appear in the anime prior to their games' release always used to get me hyped.

With how early this new Pokemon/Zygarde forme is being teased following the Hoopa movie, I have a feeling that the next Gen VI game could be released by late 2015 or early 2016. Who knows what Game Freak may have planned after that.

With how early this new Pokemon/Zygarde forme is being teased following the Hoopa movie, I have a feeling that the next Gen VI game could be released by late 2015 or early 2016. Who knows what Game Freak may have planned after that.

I agree. It makes no sense for them to have the form in the teaser unless they are planning on revealing it/announcing something soon. Within the next month or two we should get a reveal imo. If they had no plans to do this then they could have just put regular Zygarde in the teaser and left the form until next year. This is blatant hype building for something soon.

I think it's Hoopa in a other form or a brand new legendary from gen 7 that won't be revealed till the movie or till gen 7.
Like with Ho-Oh in gen I and II.

I agree. It makes no sense for them to have the form in the teaser unless they are planning on revealing it/announcing something soon. Within the next month or two we should get a reveal imo. If they had no plans to do this then they could have just put regular Zygarde in the teaser and left the form until next year. This is blatant hype building for something soon.

Agreed. This is unusual, though. I'm not sure if I totally expect gen VII's bleeding edge yet, to be honest. The small number of legendaries this gen is tripping me up. It is marginally odd that the last movie of this gen (if that is what this is) would directly promote a new game this gen AND start us thinking about the next gen. Not impossible by a longshot, but also pretty different. I think only the zoroark movie comes close to this situation, though Dawn had had cyndaquil for a while in the anime at that point(?) so it wasn't really the first sign of HG/SS promotion in the anime like this is for Z or whatever.

Last edited:
I can't tell... In that colored picture underneath the dark picture of the new Pokemon, you can see the back of Hoopa facing someone big... Is it a building or tent? Or is it part of the new Pokemon? My eyes are too old for this.

Agreed. This is unusual, though. I'm not sure if I totally expect gen VII's bleeding edge yet, to be honest. The small number of legendaries this gen is tripping me up. It is marginally odd that the last movie of this gen (if that is what this is) would directly promote a new game this gen AND start us thinking about the next gen. Not impossible by a longshot, but also pretty different. I think only the zoroark movie comes close to this situation, though Dawn had had cyndaquil for a while in the anime at that point(?) so it wasn't really the first sign of HG/SS promotion in the anime like this is for Z or whatever.

It'll probably be Zygarde vs Volcanion. Volcanion will be left until next year to announce and to further promote the movie (as the new game might even be out by then so Zygarde probably won't be big enough news). Then 2017 will be Gen VII's debut, with Gen VI lasting four years. Unless things are crazy and we get this game before 2015 ends and then 2016 becomes Gen VII. But I don't know, we could be being fooled with this teaser and they leave us hanging until February. (Which is a very bad decision, they should capitalize on the hype they wanted to create quickly rather than letting it fizzle out) :/

I can't tell... In that colored picture underneath the dark picture of the new Pokemon, you can see the back of Hoopa facing someone big... Is it a building or tent? Or is it part of the new Pokemon? My eyes are too old for this.

The Zygarde stuff is all contained in the pink box - it's three mysterious shots of it. The stuff behind is just related to the Hoopa movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom