• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about it I suppose Young Zygarde hiding away in a cave makes sense, if this is what its true form is like. It makes Young Zygarde a sort of cocoon in a way, like how Yveltal had a cocoon and Xerneas became the tree. All three are like forms of stasis they wait in.

This just gave me an idea.

What if what we're seeing is
Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde merged into one huge monster?

That would definitely be something they've never done before. And it would be amazing. It makes sense, because you need both life and death to regulate a stable ecosystem, which is something that Zygarde is supposed to fix.

We've seen that before kyruum. Kyruum when fully combined is supposed to have truths and ideals and some kind of yin yang stuff >.>

No, you misunderstood. White Kyurem/Black Kyurem is only 2 of the 3 Legendaries merged into one. I'm talking all 3 of the Legendaries being merged, not two.

That would definitely be something they've never done before.

So you're suggesting that Xerneas, Yveltal and Zygarde join into

XYZDragonCannon-DPKB-EN-SR-UE.png

XYZ DRAGON CANNON?!

Thinking about it I suppose Young Zygarde hiding away in a cave makes sense, if this is what its true form is like. It makes Young Zygarde a sort of cocoon in a way, like how Yveltal had a cocoon and Xerneas became the tree. All three are like forms of stasis they wait in.

That would definitely be something they've never done before. And it would be amazing. It makes sense, because you need both life and death to regulate a stable ecosystem, which is something that Zygarde is supposed to fix.

We've seen that before kyruum. Kyruum when fully combined is supposed to have truths and ideals and some kind of yin yang stuff >.>

No, you misunderstood. White Kyurem/Black Kyurem is only 2 of the 3 Legendaries merged into one. I'm talking all 3 of the Legendaries being merged, not two.

But we still know kyurem's original form was a merger of all 3 though (but we'll never see it unless 10 years from now when they remake black and white they do that but eh)

To me, it definitely seems like a Mega Evolution for Zygarde. I'm glad that GF took a more drastic discourse from the original, since most of the fan-made Zygarde mega evos I've seen looked basically the same. I also bet that there will be another Mega Evolution waiting in the wings, like how Mega Mewtwo Y and Mega Charizard Y were revealed before their X counterparts.

Dephender mentioned something that's quite interesting.

Also here's something no one has pointed out yet.

The working title for the movie is "Pokémon the Movie XY 3".
Now keep in mind that the working title for the three BW movies were "Pocket Monsters Best Wishes: The First Movie", "Pocket Monsters Best Wishes: The Second Movie" and "Pocket Monsters Best Wishes: The Last Movie".

Confirmation of a fourth XY movie? Maybe.

I am quite surprised that they chose to start even just a little advertising for the next game(s). Makes me wonder what their release schedule is. I would have guessed they wouldn't even start hinting at anything until December or January. Them starting now means a couple of things. First they could leave it at this for many months of nothing......that's the most frustrating option.....Second they could continue at this early point and release the game(s) early, possibly as early as this holiday season. The third possibility is that they do very small amounts of info throughout the rest of the year and in early 2016 start doing real info releases. The first and third options mean we'll b getting the release in mid to late 2016. I honestly wouldn't mind a little more time in between the games, but I certainly wouldn't complain if they release whatever in early 2016.

I am quite surprised that they chose to start even just a little advertising for the next game(s). Makes me wonder what their release schedule is. I would have guessed they wouldn't even start hinting at anything until December or January. Them starting now means a couple of things. First they could leave it at this for many months of nothing......that's the most frustrating option.....Second they could continue at this early point and release the game(s) early, possibly as early as this holiday season. The third possibility is that they do very small amounts of info throughout the rest of the year and in early 2016 start doing real info releases. The first and third options mean we'll b getting the release in mid to late 2016. I honestly wouldn't mind a little more time in between the games, but I certainly wouldn't complain if they release whatever in early 2016.

I think the people who predicted a release on the 20th anniversary may be right, they probably wouldn't start promoting it this early otherwise. Announcing a new game in August/September would put them right on track for a February release date.

Dephender mentioned something that's quite interesting.
This is false. XY is the first series with numbered movie titles, and the BW movies didn't even have any "working" titles. You can see from this page (or the teaser itself) that the Genesect movie was never referred as the "final movie". This should be self-evident to anyone who remembers that people were still speculating about Generation V lasting 4 years even after Genesect was revealed. No official source made a point of saying that the generation was being wrapped up.

I think the people who predicted a release on the 20th anniversary may be right, they probably wouldn't start promoting it this early otherwise. Announcing a new game in August/September would put them right on track for a February release date.

Nintendo's whole excuse (not really excuse since they've been doing that for awhile now) for not showing anything in E3 is that they prefer to show games that they know have a set release date (~6 months in advance)....and six months from now would place us in the exact month of the 20th anniversary.

Nintendo's whole excuse (not really excuse since they've been doing that for awhile now) for not showing anything in E3 is that they prefer to show games that they know have a set release date (~6 months in advance)....and six months from now would place us in the exact month of the 20th anniversary.

6 months from now would be January. Red and Green released in Japan on February 27th. August/September would be closer to 6 months.

6 months from now would be January. Red and Green released in Japan on February 27th. August/September would be closer to 6 months.

I doubt they have a hard six month rule, but its not like a game was even announced yet, which we would probably get in the next issue or so.

I doubt they have a hard six month rule, but its not like a game was even announced yet, which we would probably get in the next issue or so.

Well no, but outside of new generations, Pokemon games are never announced more than 6 months ahead of their release date. If they're not showing off a crop of brand new Pokemon they don't need a whole lot of time to promote the upcoming game. Anyway, if they are targeting a February release date, an August/September announcement would be about right.

Also, the Pokemon World Championships is also in late August, and they might plan to show off something for the new game there, so more than likely it'll be in the next CoroCoro or the World Championships.

Well no, but outside of new generations, Pokemon games are never announced more than 6 months ahead of their release date. If they're not showing off a crop of brand new Pokemon they don't need a whole lot of time to promote the upcoming game. Anyway, if they are targeting a February release date, an August/September announcement would be about right.

Also, the Pokemon World Championships is also in late August, and they might plan to show off something for the new game there, so more than likely it'll be in the next CoroCoro or the World Championships.
I agree greatly to this statement

To me it looks like it is a giant, like the creature, or even a titan?

Although this new reveal has got my attention, I am going to wait for further confirmation because I believe at the moment that it is a 50/50 chance of a Zygarde form or gen 7 pokemon.

I can't believe it, dang near 20 members viewing this thread. IT'S ALIVE.

Wondering if we'll get a game reveal next month. It's likely we'll find out what the mystery 'mon is, but I'm wondering if we'll get a game reveal along with it.

I hope we hear more about this soon. Teasing something like that to such an information hungry fan base like this is like dropping a single drop of blood into shark infested waters. Looks like it's hypin' season!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom