• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then why does the big shadow look like a dark/ghost pokemon to me?
It's to humanoid as a for Zygarde.
Maybe it's the next step of Hoopa form( ghost/psychic, psychic/dark, ghost/dark???) or a future legendary from gen 7?
It's that thing not the same power that controled Hoopa Unbound in the trailer of the last movie?

We never had a beter "sinister" legendary before. Only Darkrai nightmares, Yvetal chaos.
Some angry ones, but none based on fear or human sins.(Pokemon are not evil, but there could be one god based entity could feed on it)(Arceus=Zeus, Giratina=Hades but where was Chronos?)
Seeing that Hoopa can bring legandaries from other generations it would be logical to use it to introduce a gen 7 pokemon, something that's not a human made experiment like Mewtwo, a hero like Lucario or a hostage like Zoroark or Victini or a outerspace incident like Deoxys.

Last edited:
Then why does the big shadow look like a dark/ghost pokemon to me?
It's to humanoid as a for Zygarde.
Maybe it's the next step of Hoopa form( ghost/psychic, psychic/dark, ghost/dark???) or a future legendary from gen 7?
It's that thing not the same power that controled Hoopa Unbound in the trailer of the last movie?

We never had a beter "sinister" legendary before. Only Darkrai nightmares, Yvetal chaos.
Some angry ones, but none based on fear or human sins.(Pokemon are not evil, but there could be one god based entity could feed on it)(Arceus=Zeus, Giratina=Hades but where was Chronos?)
Seeing that Hoopa can bring legandaries from other generations it would be logical to use it to introduce a gen 7 pokemon, something that's not a human made experiment like Mewtwo, a hero like Lucario or a hostage like Zoroark or Victini or a outerspace incident like Deoxys.

- Hoopa and its Unbound form have already had their spotlight in this movie. Although, you could argue that Palkia and Dialga played major roles in more that just their debut movie during Gen 4. But even then, that situation is totally different in that those particular set of movies are part of a trilogy.

- There are three more Pokemon left in Gen 6 to be marketed in movies: Zygarde, Volcanion, and Eternal Floette. Next year will likely see the next Gen 6 main series game being released, so it's logical to think that next year's movie will be centered on that. Volcanion and Eternal Floette will most likely be event-only 'mons in the games, so the next obvious choice for a new main series game would be Zygarde. Pretty much the whole fandom on the Internet is theorizing it's a new form of Zygarde, there's a reason for that.

- Like what everybody has pointed out, certain shapes on the silhouette give it away as Zygarde. There are hexagonal shapes that are lit up on it's body(not talking about on its head), which seems to be Zygarde's motif. You can also see 6 fan-like prongs on top of its head, and that's exactly what Zygarde has on the back of its neck.

- Taking on a humanoid form doesn't mean it's not Zygarde. Game Freak keeps preaching that they're always wanting to try something new, and it's starting to look like drastically changing Zygarde's design for a new form is a good start in the right direction. In all honesty, it would be a very nice change to get a form that is drastically different than the original.

o5cnu.jpg

I couldn't resist.

I was just thinking about how they could reveal the new games with Super Mystery Dungeon still yet to be released, since the new megas and stuff won't be in SMD, possibly meaning a later release date. But then I remembered Pokemon Conquest and BW2. Kyurems new formes and the therians weren't in conquest and it didn't matter, although one could argue SMD is a 'stronger' spin-off than Conquest. If we do see a reveal for the next games, I wonder when they'll announce it. Next month? I mean, it would be strange to show the silhouette of Neon Genesis Zygardengelion and then leave us with nothing more for months.

I guess we should take a step back and consider when the games would be released. A february 2016 release would tie into the 20th anniversary as well as give enough time for them to reveal the gen 7 games later on in the ear. If they do do this then an August reveal would give 6 months promotion time, same as with ORAS.

- Taking on a humanoid form doesn't mean it's not Zygarde. Game Freak keeps preaching that they're always wanting to try something new, and it's starting to look like drastically changing Zygarde's design for a new form is a good start in the right direction. In all honesty, it would be a very nice change to get a form that is drastically different than the original.

I don't think them saying about trying something new relates to having drastically different designs. The Kami trios Incarnate + Therian forms basically have the humanoid + other form down from three years ago, and Hoopa's change to Unbound is pretty drastic in itself.

Calling it the "right" direction is also subjective. I think the silhouette looks horrible personally and I'm not particularly looking forward to seeing it unveiled. I really like Zygarde's design as it is, it's one of my favourite legendaries, and I think the silhouette looks a step (or six) too far when in relation to it. But I'll refrain myself from throwing nefarious amounts of shade until I see its official artwork. (Arms and wings were the #1 things I didn't want to see in Zygarde's form/Megas... and that's what we're getting so can't say I'm grateful.)

I'm more interested in what its typing and ability is to be honest. Like you say, the change is drastic, so I'm wondering how far those changes are going to extend. Or will it merely be its design.

At the least, it's quite likely that Zygarde will get 2 formes, so even if this one is disappointing, you may like the other forme. Provided they make them drastically different and not like Kyurems where they have the same base but with just different variations on the generator/arm/wires.

Last edited:

I don't think them saying about trying something new relates to having drastically different designs. The Kami trios Incarnate + Therian forms basically have the humanoid + other form down from three years ago, and Hoopa's change to Unbound is pretty drastic in itself.

Calling it the "right" direction is also subjective. I think the silhouette looks horrible personally and I'm not particularly looking forward to seeing it unveiled. I really like Zygarde's design as it is, it's one of my favourite legendaries, and I think the silhouette looks a step (or six) too far when in relation to it. But I'll refrain myself from throwing nefarious amounts of shade until I see its official artwork. (Arms and wings were the #1 things I didn't want to see in Zygarde's form/Megas... and that's what we're getting so can't say I'm grateful.)

I'm more interested in what its typing and ability is to be honest. Like you say, the change is drastic, so I'm wondering how far those changes are going to extend. Or will it merely be its design.

I was just thinking about how they could reveal the new games with Super Mystery Dungeon still yet to be released, since the new megas and stuff won't be in SMD, possibly meaning a later release date. But then I remembered Pokemon Conquest and BW2. Kyurems new formes and the therians weren't in conquest and it didn't matter, although one could argue SMD is a 'stronger' spin-off than Conquest. If we do see a reveal for the next games, I wonder when they'll announce it. Next month? I mean, it would be strange to show the silhouette of Neon Genesis Zygardengelion and then leave us with nothing more for months.

As long as Z releases after PMD has released in Japan (and America too) I doubt they'd care about it. Conquest doesn't have every Pokemon in like this PMD is saying, so it's a bit of a different situation in that regard. Doesn't SMD release in September in Japan? It only has to share Corocoro with that for one month at most then, and usually the first month of game information is nothing but box art. So if it is announced next month then it won't clash with PMD for long, if at all.

And yeah, I predict "Z" (name tentative lmao) will be revealed before August ends. Otherwise showing the Zygarde form at this time is pointless. Maybe we will get a Worlds announcement after all?

Last edited:
then released it worldwide in February 2016 for the 20th anniversary? That'd be pretty neat.

Well that's a question I would like to pose to everyone then.

Say the game has nothing to do with the 20th anniversary aside from it being a Pokemon game. Do you still want it released sometime in Spring of 2016, or are you all still Pokemon'd out, and would prefer to wait until the Fall of 2016?

Myself, I would love to see it in February/Spring rather than wait until the Fall.

Even if the game has nothing specially themed around the anniversary (as in, it isn't a return to Kanto or anything like that), if The Pokémon Company are planning on doing any promotion for the 20th anniversary, I imagine a new game to be a big part of it. I think it would be in Nintendo Japan's interest to launch a new game in the first quarter as well, due to Level-5 launching Yo-Kai Watch 3 in the summer.

I still think that it's a given that a new main series entry won't be released this year, but with The Pokémon Company starting to tease things now, I think an announcement before the end of 2015 is very likely.
Imagine if GameFreak unveiled the new game at the Pokémon Video Game World Championships next month, then released it worldwide in February 2016 for the 20th anniversary? That'd be pretty neat.

I think that is a given at this point. Going straight to a forme tease for the next movie stinger has never happened. This is the first time something is getting teased through the movies directly, so I think its to build up for an announcement next mont. What really is throwing me for a loop is Zygarde, and this is Zygarde random Hexagons are lit up in pic 3, having a head diamond much like Kyurem. Say what you want, but legendaries never had similarities or common characteristics unless connected. If they actually go through with somehow tying the two regions together lore together, past and present, gen 6 is redeemed by far. Its one thing I will always not let down.

The silhouette turns out to be Green Kyurem from Pokémon Black Version 3/White Version 3, which will be directed by Takao Unno. I would genuinely love that.
Green Kyurem? Why not. Throw in an unova post league story and we got a party going on.

And add in some Unova Megas and it'd just about perfect. Like--oh, I don't know--maybe Bisharp and Sawk. Or a certain automaton perhaps...

...yes, I'll shut up about Mega Golurk when we finally get the big lug! :p

And add in some Unova Megas and it'd just about perfect. Like--oh, I don't know--maybe Bisharp and Sawk. Or a certain automaton perhaps...

...yes, I'll shut up about Mega Golurk when we finally get the big lug! :p

INB4 the pokemon being teased was actually Mega Golurk

Zygarde isn't too drastic. Okay, Humanoid legendaries are getting a bit irksome, but going from a snake to a Naga is brilliant. Its got a basis, and they can do some cool stuff with it. Best part is if we do see two megas/formes, the other one is likely gonna be more animal. Maybe its gonna be a case of a Mega and Primal? One is a Naga, representing the bond with humans by gaining a humanoid shape, and the other is a more feral, animal beast of a snake bent on pure infinite energy. It could work, and maybe splitting the plot between megas and primals is the twist. Mega Z and Primal Z, offering New megas, as well as giving us primals for every Mega evolved pokemon yet. I'm serious, this could be brilliant!

View attachment 98434 And let the speculation begin

That head's shape reminds me of a Tiki. What else reminds me of a Tiki? Oh, right. The Strange Souvenir, which is supposed to depict a Generation 7 Pokémon. And with only two more legends from Kalos to feature in a movie, it's getting closer to the "feature a new Pokémon time". I'm so hyped. The three lit-up diamonds on the head could easily be Zygarde, but it definitely makes me think of the SS Pokémon more.

Also, the "forehead diamond" counterpart on Zygarde is a slit from forehead to mouth. And Zygarde has hexagonic insect eyes, not diamond-shaped eyes. The Kyurem forms have more of a physical similarity, as someone stated a few pages back.

All in all, it could be a humanoid Zygarde form, but for me the head's shape reminds me of Groot from Guardians of the Galaxy, who's made of wood. And that only reminds me even more of the Strange Souvenir.

Last edited:
It's also possible that Zygarde's new form will take cues from the Strange Souvenir (or rather, vice versa in lore), nothing says that the item has to represents a completely new Pokémon.

As for your point, it's shown with hexagons on its arms in the third picture, it's more then likely Zygarde then anything else.

It's also possible that Zygarde's new form will take cues from the Strange Souvenir (or rather, vice versa in lore), nothing says that the item has to represents a completely new Pokémon.

As for your point, it's shown with hexagons on its arms in the third picture, it's more then likely Zygarde then anything else.

The item's description directly states that it represents the protector of a far-off region, and it's given to you by the tourist from the unknown region.

The item's description directly states that it represents the protector of a far-off region, and it's given to you by the tourist from the unknown region.

Yeah I feel like people trying to connect Zygarde to the souvenir is a little weak. The tiki is from a different region altogether as stated by the hiker who is also from that far away region. If it was meant to b connected to Zygarde then they would have just said so or at least stated that it has the potential to unlock the secrets of a Pokemon native to Kalos......Sure the Souvenir might have something to do with the new game, but I'm not so sure it has anything to do with Zygarde. I could b wrong tho lol

but for me the head's shape reminds me of Groot from Guardians of the Galaxy, who's made of wood. And that only reminds me even more of the Strange Souvenir.

I even found the opening theme for Movie 19:

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m86nMHfvl7s[/video]

Even though my bet is pretty strong with Zygarde, I can also see it being the Strange Souvenir Pokemon as well. I mean, look how early THAT was teased at us. And now we have yet another early teaser of what may or may not be a brand-new Pokemon.

but for me the head's shape reminds me of Groot from Guardians of the Galaxy, who's made of wood. And that only reminds me even more of the Strange Souvenir.

Even though my bet is pretty strong with Zygarde, I can also see it being the Strange Souvenir Pokemon as well. I mean, look how early THAT was teased at us. And now we have yet another early teaser of what may or may not be a brand-new Pokemon.

This is true. And I have a question, since I haven't been active in the Pokémon community before X&Y. Were Origin Giratina and Black/White Kyurem shown in silhouette before their reveal? 'Cause Megatwo Y (definitely promoted as a new Pokémon) wasn't, it was shown in full color.

But we have seen silhouettes before with Zorua, Zoroark, Snivy, Tepig and Oshawott. Actual new Pokémon.

That doesn't mean Zygarde can't be related to said region. Other legendaries have hopped into other region's lore, the Regis do it all of the time in particular, the Creation trio existed in Johto lore via that Sinjoh event, and Hoenn got the Embedded Tower as well in the same region. What necessarily says that Zygarde's new form can't be related to the lore of the new region? It can do both if GF decides its wants that role for the Pokémon.

Plus, we do know that Kalos was at war with another region in the past, that could be the one and Zygarde could've had a role to play there too. Hell, they could even be connected and we have a Gen 2 situation with them.

Plus, we do know that Kalos was at war with another region in the past, that could be the one and Zygarde could've had a role to play there too. Hell, they could even be connected and we have a Gen 2 situation with them.
Kalos had a war with neighboring regions. The Strange Souvenir region is specifically said to be far from Kalos.

This is true. And I have a question, since I haven't been active in the Pokémon community before X&Y. Were Origin Giratina and Black/White Kyurem shown in silhouette before their reveal? 'Cause Megatwo Y (definitely promoted as a new Pokémon) wasn't, it was shown in full color.

But we have seen silhouettes before with Zorua, Zoroark, Snivy, Tepig and Oshawott. Actual new Pokémon.

I may be wrong, but I think Black/White Kyurem were revealed to us right away. Origin Giratina, I have no clue because I didn't join the community until after Platinum was released in the U.S.(but have been playing since Crystal).

Kalos had a war with neighboring regions. The Strange Souvenir region is specifically said to be far from Kalos.

Ah, for some reason I forgot it was neighboring.

I may be wrong, but I think Black/White Kyurem were revealed to us right away. Origin Giratina, I have no clue because I didn't join the community until after Platinum was released in the U.S.(but have been playing since Crystal).

I looked it up over at Serebii, Giratina's new form was officially revealed at the same time as Platinum was, so that's consistent with Black/White Kyurem's reveal for B2W2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom