what is your spaghetti policy here?
- May 9, 2010
- Reaction score
The Kyurem formes were leaked on a poster and then a few hours later revealed by Masuda on Pokemon Sunday (or whatever name it went by back then, it's changed a few times). They haven't done proper silhouettes since pre-release BW iirc. And this silhouette is different to those because they were just black on some card, this is an actual trailer and we can (somewhat) see features thanks to the dramatic lightingWere Origin Giratina and Black/White Kyurem shown in silhouette before their reveal? 'Cause Megatwo Y (definitely promoted as a new Pokémon) wasn't, it was shown in full color.
For someone who was arguing that Game Freak will be unpredictable a few days ago, you sure are focusing on previous patterns an awful lot. Just because the last time they showed a silhouette was "new" Pokemon (although I recall Tornadus-Therian was shown as one in an early image of the Dream Radar add-on and people were arguing if it was Archeops or something new) doesn't mean they can't do it now.But we have seen silhouettes before with Zorua, Zoroark, Snivy, Tepig and Oshawott. Actual new Pokémon.
(Also let's point out it says "Is this a new Pokemon?" and iirc if they ever question it like that then that's because it isn't.)
I think anyone expecting this to be a new Pokemon are going to be disappointed. Sure it's fun to speculate, but the... thing shares too many similarities with Zygarde imo.
I can list five things it shares that are too coincidental atm imo
1) Has a collar around the head area like Zygarde, looks to be similar in shape AND there's the same number (we can clearly see four, with where the fifth is being obscured due to black on black)
2) The giant wing things have the same shape on their tips as Zygarde's collar
3) Has very pale (to the point its almost white) green areas lit up, like Zygarde has. They are also the same hexagon shape (excluding the eyes, which I've commented on in previous posts)
4) Its head area moving into its body area has the same torso before it drops back and slims into the monster's "waist", Zygarde also has a round "body" before the slim snake part drops back and begins
5) Has the glowing split and two eyes on its head, like Zygarde. Sure, slightly different shape, but lots of other things have clearly changed about it too so I don't see the eye-shape being the big game-changer
And I mean these similarities all are backed up by the fact we know Zygarde is missing its true form currently. The Pokedex references its hidden power and there's also the hidden moves and lower BST to take into account.
To whoever was saying that Zygarde's eyes are a different shape to this thing (hexagon versus... pointy... oval(? lmao)) - one, look at the type of image this is, they aren't going to draw small things to the exact detail. And two, they aren't the same shape as the Strange Souvenir either. Honestly the people saying the head looks like the Strange Souvenir's are confusing as hell to me because I can't see shit for details on the head other than it has three glowing lights on it. And considering if now has wings and arms, is it really unbelievable Zygarde's eyes would change too?
The people saying its Kyurem are focusing solely on it having glowing eyes and a split, rather than the fact that other features share distinct style with Zygarde (random, very pale green glowing lights, collar on head, same sharp points etc). Arms, wings, etc don't look very similar to any of the Kyurem forms, it's just this split in the head that's luring people in.
And trust me, I would very much prefer this not to be Zygarde
Sorry kinda waffling a bit here, but just getting my thoughts down.