• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I am sorry that I said this. I actually like Gen. 5 very much, and I should have explained myself a bit better. By "filler", I meant that Gen. 5 was created to fill in the gap between between The Sinnoh games and the Kalos ones since Game Freak weren't ready to start developing games with a 3DS toolkit. I remember in an interview that Nintendoi tried to push Game Freak on to the 3DS right after BW. What I was trying to say was that Game Freak didn't think of Gen. 5 as a filler, it is clear that Nintendo did. Seeing as what happened with Gen. 6, I'd say that the opposite of those perspective occurred here.

Basically, Gen. 5 is my favorite, but Nintendo viewed Gen. 5 as filler, not me. It also seems that Kalos' lack of post game indicates Game Freak views Gen., 6 as filler, or at least Kalos.
Well, game freak only received the dev kits of the 3ds in 2010, and BW started developpement in 2008, so it only makes sense that they would be on the ds instead of the 3ds.

Okay, I am sorry that I said this. I actually like Gen. 5 very much, and I should have explained myself a bit better. By "filler", I meant that Gen. 5 was created to fill in the gap between between The Sinnoh games and the Kalos ones since Game Freak weren't ready to start developing games with a 3DS toolkit. I remember in an interview that Nintendoi tried to push Game Freak on to the 3DS right after BW. What I was trying to say was that Game Freak didn't think of Gen. 5 as a filler, it is clear that Nintendo did. Seeing as what happened with Gen. 6, I'd say that the opposite of those perspective occurred here.

Basically, Gen. 5 is my favorite, but Nintendo viewed Gen. 5 as filler, not me. It also seems that Kalos' lack of post game indicates Game Freak views Gen., 6 as filler, or at least Kalos.
There is no such thing as "filler generation" or "filler game".

Also, it's not the amount of post game what indicates if certain game is a filler in the creators' eyes, it's the general amount of features in general... Now, just count how many features XY introduced, and tell me how is that a filler game... :)

Last edited:
Huh. Isn't the movie date usually revealed in February with the full title? And if the temp is Pokemon the movie XY&Z, wouldn't that imply that this is much like last year, where there was no true secondary star, unless it is Zygarde, and that the movie is gonna mostly focus on Volcanion. Either this is a slip up on Toho's part and this information is impartial, or there really is a minimal amount of movie news. That just makes the case of "big news" this issue even more curious, if much like last year the movie news of December is a big ball of nothinf.

or maybe we will get not only Z but also a next movie for this generation after it ?

Its just so odd that after years of teaser titles in December that we end up with generic placeholders, with a one and done in February. This years made sense as it was obvious games were not coming this year and they only had Hoopa to focus on, but the same thing this year? It disconfirms gen 7 next yesr completely as Volcanion would have been the teaser mon and secondary star revealed this month, leaving february as the reveal of the gen 7 mon or mega to advertise it, but the next step of gen 6 is not clear either. Unless the whole Zygarde plot of the Anime DOES leak into the movie and is based on the games. This is all based on the tidbit of the title being just that, and its not a slip up. I really wanna know just what the hell CoroCoro has with Volcanion out of the picture and a generic movie title in place, its all too fishy.

I'm just curious, what would you do if it turned out that seventh generation was revealed instead of a "Z"? What would you do if it turned out that seventh generation had two regions, with one of them being Kalos (in the same way as GSC/HGSS did)?

I wouldn't be happy about it. Gen 6 began with Kalo and should end with Kalos.

- If no Kalos game follows this Gen, and we go to gen VII, Kalos will be important in it. Not a tiny post game like post game Kanto GSC, HGSS. They wouldn't repeat the same mistake for a third time.

How would you know? If they did move onto gen 7 then Kalos would not be included. Gen 7 would focus on gen 7 legendaries and it wouldn't contain a second region. Zygarde should not be the mascot of Gen & games or be a post game pokemon for gen 7. It deserves it's own gen 6 game like Giratina in gen 4 and Kyurem in gen 5.

Guys, we're getting movie news. The official movie website just updated with news regarding the director and that C.Zygarde silhouette we saw months back. Though apparently I heard that this movie will be a very important one for the series.

No, the site updated with just the title and the date. The silouette pic is just on Serebii's site, note the title on the pic. I starting to doubt its just movie news, this year seems even less noteworthy then last year.

I would assume that if Volcanion did come this month, it wouldn't be attached to the most generic title. I mean lets go back, way back. Each December since 07:
Dialga VS Palkia
Giratina and the Sky Boquet
To the conquering of SpaceTime
Master of Illusions Z
Victini and the Black Hero
Kyurem and the Sacred Swordsman
Extremespeed Genesect
Cocoon of Destruction
Pokemon XY the Movie 2015
Pokemon the Movie XY&Z

Then look at what the final title was:
Dialga Vs Palkia Vs Darkai
Giratina and the sky bouquet Shaymin
To the conquering of SpaceTime Arceus
Master of Illusions Zoroark
Victini and the Black Hero:Zekrom
Kyurem and the Sacred Swordsman Keldeo
Extremespeed Genesect Mewtwo Awakens
Coocoon of Destruction Yveltal and Diance
Archdjinn of the Lamp Hoopa

The title being like last year suggests a one Pokemon title, most likely Volcanion, left for February. If we we're getting a reveal this month, they certainly wouldn't release the title today, as it would likely involve Volcanion, much like Victini and Genesect were from the start.
Its also reminicent of the Arceus movie, perhaps Eternal Floette could be this months news,
much like the NEP. Central to the plot, but not title worthy.

No, the site updated with just the title and the date. The silouette pic is just on Serebii's site, note the title on the pic. I starting to doubt its just movie news, this year seems even less noteworthy then last year.
XD that's what I get for checking Seribii. Anyhow it looks like Volcanion might be this movie's star Mon after all.

I have just noticed that all gen 6 movies had a mythical pokemon in the title. This might suggest Volcanion being in the title as well as the movie. I could be wrong but it seems very interesting. I would like a game (main) announcement more than an official reveal of Volcanion but I accept it if it is.

The title being like last year suggests a one Pokemon title, most likely Volcanion, left for February.
That's merely your interpretation. The movie is going to feature at least one more Pokémon with an important role, so I don't see why only Volcanion would be in the title. Nothing says that they have to reveal an incomplete title when the first Pokémon is revealed, and add the second Pokémon later. "Extremespeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens" is a fairly clunky title that was probably made this way merely to avoid hinting at Mewtwo in December 2012. Would anything have changed had the tentative title been "Best Wishes 2013"? We would have gotten a better final title at least, but that's it.

If we we're getting a reveal this month, they certainly wouldn't release the title today,
Except they didn't even announce anything today. The Toho website (rather than the official movie website) merely added a placeholder title without calling any attention to it. For all we know, all relevant websites could be updated in a few days with the actual tentative title.

The fact that the first movie trailer wasn't aired on Oha Suta yesterday suggests that CoroCoro does have movie-related news to announce. If it were just another Zygarde teaser, it would have been shown by now.

The title being announced makes me think Volcanion isn't being announced this month.

What is the connection between game announcements and Movie news?

What is the connection between game announcements and Movie news?

Not entirely sure. The Pokemon movie usually showcase the new pokemon form of a released/upcoming game and/or officially revealed mythical pokemon. Giratina and the Sky Warrior had Giratina in Origin Form and Shaymin with it's sky form. Kyurem VS the Sword of Justice had Kyurem with Black and White Kyurem forms while also showing Keldeo and it's Resolute form. I assume that the next movie would show Zygarde's forms and Volcanion with a possible new mega/form.

What is sure imo, is that whatever game follows next, be it gen VI or VII, the next game isn't going to ignore Kalos and move on. Even if we get Gen VII, Kalos will be there, either in from the start, or in the post game. And I know this, because GF are a businesses company. They wasted 3 years to create Kalos. They are not going to miss the opportunity to reuse it once more, they never have. All regions have been featured in two or more games, and Kalos won't be an exception, because it wouldn't make sense economically. GF know Kalos can squeeze more cash, and they will not miss this opportunity.

Mates although it isn't confirmed I'm hearing from a few sources that this corocoro has Volcanion

I never went into full disbelief before, but until I see scans, I refusento believe Volcanion this month. Or at the very least, Eternal Floette better be the damn movie star if this is really happening, I am not ready for gen 7. Not yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom