• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Uhm, I'm sure Nintendo does, with the fact that it's generated over 4 million in total sales in Japan.

Anyway, as brought forth by Mr. Jaydee, that doesn't really matter, since it's a Nintendo issue and not a GameFreak issue.

In all honesty by this point I don't really care what comes next for Generation VI or beyond, as long as we get an announcement within the next quarter.

Thankyou. Yeah, it's Nintendo's job to release it, not GF. So Nintendo don't want two of the major games clashing heads. Although, an announcement now won't hurt Yokai's sales. Only a release will. If we get an announcement now, and a release at the end of Q1/start of Q2 next year, Yokai Watch would have done most of its sales before Christmas and after Christmas sales.

If Volcanion gets distributed to ORAS, or XY amd ORAS... then how idoes this reinforce the idea of an other Kalos game? It could easily mean the generation is over and that's why they aren't saving Volcanion for Z?

Deoxys came before Emerald and Arceus before HG/SS. Why they haven't saved them for the last version? This argument is just unnecessary.

Sounds like Yo-Kai is already done getting sales in the US.

The sales for YW in the west are very weak compared to the japanese sales. The game sold less than third versions of pokemon games.

Also what I noticed, what is one more evidence for another gen VI game is that usually they show at the end of the event pokemon trailer, the actual games .

In the diancie trailer, they showed X/Y, later after OR/AS was announced and M-Diancie was revealed both X/Y and OR/AS. Hoopa trailer showed OR/AS.
Now the Volcanion trailer showed nothing. If OR/AS was the last gen 6 game, why they didn't used the OR/AS logo again instead of nothing? Volcanion amd it's event is Gen VI. Gens don't start in summer and the movies are still considered as an XY (or XY&Z) movie.

You're referring to a different interview. The context of this quote is complete and absolutely means that just as Gray was something the fans expected, Z would be too.

I'm not referring to ANY OTHER INTERVIEW. And the quote there is completely open to interpretation, otherwise the fanbase would've let these conversations die the second it was posted back in like page 150 or so. Bye, Felicia.

I never said nor implied that I know the movie plot. AZ's Floette never created mega evolutions. The first mega evolution was Rayquaza in ORAS but in XY it was AZ who was responsible for mega evolution in Kalos.

What are you even talking about? AZ created the Ultimate Weapon for Floette, the blast from the weapon blasted rock all the way into space AS SEEN BY THE CANONICAL CUTSCENES, which logically later had to fall as meteorites all over the world, including Hoenn, where Rayquaza resides. These were Mega/Key stones. Obviously Mega Evolution was created because of AZ's Floette. Otherwise, why have Zinnia point out that the one key difference between the Megaverse and the Non-Megaverse is the Kalos War?

So yeah, AZ's Floette never created Mega's directly, but it did so indirectly. Rayquaza was the first Mega Evolution in Hoenn, while Lucario was the first in Kalos. Neither one of those Pokémon is even slightly relevant to anything in this argument, however.

I'm not referring to ANY OTHER INTERVIEW. And the quote there is completely open to interpretation, otherwise the fanbase would've let these conversations die the second it was posted back in like page 150 or so. Bye, Felicia.

BlackButterfree said:
We've been dissecting that quote for the past two years. It could either be taken literally as "there will be an unpredictable next installment" or as "well, we gave you OR/AS after X/Y because Z would be too predictable, but you'll get it soon enough". Next argument, please? And this time, make it fresh.

Would you mind showing me where in my link he said anything about order of releases? Here's what I linked (go look at the link yourself and you'll find this is the entire quote and thus not taken out of context):

"For the Pokémon brand, and for Game Freak, our first and foremost goal and top priority with these titles is to always surprise and excite our fans. I’m not going to say we won’t ever do those things again, but we consider the timing and what would be the most surprising or exciting for fans at the time. Everyone was really expecting Grey, so it was exciting to come up with something fans really didn’t expect."

So yeah, AZ's Floette never created Mega's directly, but it did so indirectly. Rayquaza was the first Mega Evolution in Hoenn, while Lucario was the first in Kalos. Neither one of those Pokémon is even slightly relevant to anything in this argument, however.

No. AZ's Floette was not directly or indirectly responsible for mega evolution. AZ did it to bring back to life but that doesn't mean anything. Floette was just a victim of war that was brought back and then left AZ. AZ did all the work.

Anyway, I think March would be an ideal month for an announcement and October/November would be a 2016 released.

No. AZ's Floette was not directly or indirectly responsible for mega evolution. AZ did it to bring back to life but that doesn't mean anything. Floette was just a victim of war that was brought back and then left AZ. AZ did all the work.

Wow way to be dismissive. If my take on the word "indirectly" is correct, then Floette is "indirectly" responsible for the phenomenon that is Mega Evolution. Without Floette dyng no Ultimate Weapon would have been built. Floette not dying equals no Ultimate Weapon and no Ultimate Weapon equals no Mega Evolution.

Welp, Squishy is going to be in the movie.
Beat me to the punch, lol. The poster with Squishy looks like it could potentially be for the short.

Also this is pretty weird. I thought the XY&Z arc of the anime would be over early next year? Though I guess Zygarde and its forms could still show up in the movie even if the XY&Z anime arc is over.

Would you mind showing me where in my link he said anything about order of releases? Here's what I linked (go look at the link yourself and you'll find this is the entire quote and thus not taken out of context):

"For the Pokémon brand, and for Game Freak, our first and foremost goal and top priority with these titles is to always surprise and excite our fans. I’m not going to say we won’t ever do those things again, but we consider the timing and what would be the most surprising or exciting for fans at the time. Everyone was really expecting Grey, so it was exciting to come up with something fans really didn’t expect."
to be fair, 'we consider the timing and what would be the most surprising or exciting for fans at the time' does leave open the possibility that XY -> Z was considered too obvious whereas XY -> ORAS -> Z would not be. because timing.

If they somehow managed to troll us all with the Anime and have the plot extend well past the expected due date, I don't even know what to expect. I'm really curiousbwhat the trailer is gonna show if they put squishy on the poster already.

Last edited:
No, Zygarde Core is the movie short. Considering that previous shorts included Pokémon from past series which had long since evolved, Zygarde Core's inclusion really means nothing. For example, the latest short included May's Torchic, which threw off a lot of people.
I had assumed that. Just looking at it you can tell it's the poster for the short.

On the topic of Zygarde Core, I guess you do have a point. I'm just waiting to see what they show us in the trailer on Thursday. I'm hoping that it clarifies things for us all.

No, Zygarde Core is the movie short. Considering that previous shorts included Pokémon from past series which had long since evolved, Zygarde Core's inclusion really means nothing. For example, the latest short included May's Torchic, which threw off a lot of people.
I think we'll know on Thursday if Zygarde is there or not. Though Zygarde would consider Volcanion a huge threat and might even take action against it.

I think we'll know on Thursday if Zygarde is there or not. Though Zygarde would consider Volcanion a huge threat and might even take action against it.
If you're assuming that Zygarde Core will be in the movie just because of the short, that isn't necessarily the case at all. Meloetta had joined the cast by the time Movie 15 premiered, but she was only in the short.

If you're assuming that Zygarde Core will be in the movie just because of that short, that isn't necessarily the case at all. Meloetta had joined the cast by the time Movie 15 premiered, but she was only in the short.
I'm only thinking he might appear because Volcanion itself seems to be a pest to the ecosystem that Zygarde wouldn't be fond of. But like I said we'll see on Thursday.

Last edited:
If you're assuming that Zygarde Core will be in the movie just because of the short, that isn't necessarily the case at all. Meloetta had joined the cast by the time Movie 15 premiered, but she was only in the short.

And what does that mean? The plot of Zygarde could last until until July-August 2016. If that's true, the they only have about 10 episodes for the league, probably the 8th gym, the goodbye etc. if they want to start a new gen in 2016 and that's to less. And no they don't start a new generation early a year. That would drasticaly hurt the sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom