• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are people surprised by Squishy's appearance in the short/movie, I see the XY&Z series lasting up until the movie exactly tbh, or be tied in with the last few episodes. After all, XY&Z is an entire season in itself right? 38-51 episodes no less or more? We've only had about 5/6 air so far. Months to go.

And what does that mean? The plot of Zygarde could last until until July-August 2016.
Except that merchandise strongly hints at Complete Forme appearing by March, and I highly doubt that it will appear before the climax. Not only that, but we know that the Kalos League will be previewed in two weeks, and they never preview episodes that aren't planned for the next 6 months (even that is a stretch). I highly doubt that Squishy will still be around during the league, which should definitely follow the climax.

Squishy's appearance in the movie short doesn't change this at all. They always take liberties with shorts.

With the 20th anniversary year coming up I'm surethere will be lots of Kanto merchandise; there's already been a few sets of Kanto starter merchandise revealed.

With the 20th anniversary year coming up I'm surethere will be lots of Kanto merchandise; there's already been a few sets of Kanto starter merchandise revealed.
While I agree, Mew is right about up there with Mewtwo when it comes to legendaries in the public eye, the mythical that made mythicals so sought after. A random event give out for the 20th doesn't have the same ring as an event giveaway for the new movie it stars in.

Wow way to be dismissive. If my take on the word "indirectly" is correct, then Floette is "indirectly" responsible for the phenomenon that is Mega Evolution. Without Floette dyng no Ultimate Weapon would have been built. Floette not dying equals no Ultimate Weapon and no Ultimate Weapon equals no Mega Evolution.

Beat me to the punch, lol. The poster with Squishy looks like it could potentially be for the short.

Also this is pretty weird. I thought the XY&Z arc of the anime would be over early next year? Though I guess Zygarde and its forms could still show up in the movie even if the XY&Z anime arc is over.
AZ's Floette is the reason for Mega Evolution, while AZ and the Ultimate Weapon are the cause.

But yeah, someone just posted that Zygarde is in M19, so I'm excited. Can't wait to see how it fits in.

to be fair, 'we consider the timing and what would be the most surprising or exciting for fans at the time' does leave open the possibility that XY -> Z was considered too obvious whereas XY -> ORAS -> Z would not be. because timing.

Exactly. Plus, in another interview he directly says (and I'm partially paraphrasing) "doing Z right after X/Y would be too predictable. OR/AS was a nice surprise." The "right after X/Y" part was taken from the quote, and if that doesn't imply a timing thing, I don't even know what to tell that person.

Last edited by a moderator:
While I agree, Mew is right about up there with Mewtwo when it comes to legendaries in the public eye, the mythical that made mythicals so sought after. A random event give out for the 20th doesn't have the same ring as an event giveaway for the new movie it stars in.

Well I don't know why this is in reply to me. I didn't try to downplay Mew and wasn't even talking about a Mew event? I was saying there's likely lots more Kanto merchandise to come.

Eh, I took the comment as more Kanto Merchandise and the Mew plush as a comment on how its likely just that, and thats its not indicative of anything pertaining a focus on mew especially. Guess I was wrong hehe, so much cynicism these days.

Well the Mew merchandise could just be for the 20th, like you said, it's the Mythical that started it all off afterall.

I don't have any real opinion on an event, other than I'd agree that one is almost certain next year at some point. If that's what you meant.

I hope there is some kind of Mew event in the near future, the last time I even had a Mew was the one I got from Pokémon Summer day camp in 2007. Which was (I think) the last official event for Gen III, the Aura Mew. I gave them my GBA SP with (I think) RS/FRLG, and they put it on for me.

AZ's Floette is the reason for Mega Evolution, while AZ and the Ultimate Weapon are the cause.

But yeah, someone just posted that Zygarde is in M19, so I'm excited. Can't wait to see how it fits in.

Plus, in another interview he directly says (and I'm partially paraphrasing) "doing Z right after X/Y would be too predictable. OR/AS was a nice surprise." The "right after X/Y" part was taken from the quote, and if that doesn't imply a timing thing, I don't even know what to tell that person.

Floette was indirectly the reason for the ultimate weapon but it was AZ that activated it. Therefore AZ is the reason for mega evolution. As for that interview, I don't know if we should take it serious or not since there are references to a Z version like XY&Z series and the Pokémon the Movie XY & Z 2016.

Floette was indirectly the reason for the ultimate weapon but it was AZ that activated it. Therefore AZ is the reason for mega evolution. As for that interview, I don't know if we should take it serious or not since there are references to a Z version like XY&Z series and the Pokémon the Movie XY & Z 2016.
it's honestly six of one, dozen of another. yeah, AZ was the one who turned on the machine but AZ turning on the machine is pointless without its power source, Floette.

it's honestly six of one, dozen of another. yeah, AZ was the one who turned on the machine but AZ turning on the machine is pointless without its power source, Floette.

Xerneas/Yveltal's energy + the sacrificial Poké-Hordes on Route 10 were the Power Source. ;) Floette was what the machine was originally used on. And then after, AZ used the same power source as before, but to destroy the armies of the Kalos war, which blasted radiated Mega/Key Stones into space, which later fell to the earth as meteorites.

I'm not sure if anyone has pointed this out yet but.... it seems like Zygarde does not have a single TCG card yet. Are they saving Zygarde for future TCG expansions? Could it hint that we're getting Pokemon Z instead of Gen 7?

Actually, Zygarde cards are coming in the upcoming March expansion pack, one of the other major hints that the Climax to the plot is coming then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom