• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said, its from the Diancie movie not somethinf new, I gor confused. Again sorry for the confusion.

Well that rules out Mew being the Movie 19 protagonist and event, I would assume a non bundle event will be announced soon as well. I doubt that they willbfocus on it that much. Now I really want to know what the hell is going on.

This is a brilliant event. How nice to see Mew again after what will have been almost 6 years!

If I'm understanding correctly, not only can you download Mew into XY and ORAS via serial code, but also
Most notably they will provide the above Mew event but will also give a special ticket to receive Mew in the games themselves in a special event announced in February

So if I understand correctly, will this ticket be like Oak's Letter, Liberty Ticket etc, and allow us to catch/obtain a Mew, in the VC games? So they've added something in?

This is a brilliant event. How nice to see Mew again after what will have been almost 6 years!

If I'm understanding correctly, not only can you download Mew into XY and ORAS via serial code, but also

So if I understand correctly, will this ticket be like Oak's Letter, Liberty Ticket etc, and allow us to catch/obtain a Mew, in the VC games? So they've added something in?
I'm assuming its either a code to patch the game to have Mew's event activated, or they implemented a code system. I dunno which one is harder to do honestly.

Also, did anyone elsw see the 20th anniversary art of Red and Fat Pikachu by Sugimori? Both look great in the new artstyle.

I'm assuming its either a code to patch the game to have Mew's event activated, or they implemented a code system. I dunno which one is harder to do honestly.

Also, did anyone elsw see the 20th anniversary art of Red and Fat Pikachu by Sugimori? Both look great in the new artstyle.
No, could you post it. You seem excellent and finding new stuff but are hesitant to declare your sources or actually show us what it is youve discovered ;)

bB4Lb1d.jpg

Now that I am thinking about it, this bundle is a very interesting package, as it confirms in a way my theory that the VC release is aimed at reintroducing Kanto to the kids. Its extremely low priced, comes with the 2DS which is aimed at the lower demographics, and stickers. Yes fanatics will want to buy one, but parents will obviously see this and buy it for their kids if they haven't already bought a 3DS for em. I know it sounds crazy, but this VC release is looking more and more like getting people familiar with Kanto as a start.

Serebii's wording is misleading; the official website clarifies that the ticket is meant for a store distribution. It's rather ridiculous that a ticket (from a 2DS bundle of all things) is needed for something that is usually offered for free.

I am pretth sure that we just got confirmation that gen 6 is gonna last at the very least to March 2017,which is when the code for Mew in XYORAS expires. I doubt they would have it last as long well into the next generation, I t recall an event for the previous gen cocurrent with the next. I also assume the code will be available at some point besides the bundle due to its year long life.

I am pretth sure that we just got confirmation that gen 6 is gonna last at the very least to March 2017,which is when the code for Mew in XYORAS expires. I doubt they would have it last as long well into the next generation, I t recall an event for the previous gen cocurrent with the next. I also assume the code will be available at some point besides the bundle due to its year long life.
They re-released the MysticTicket (for FRLG and Emerald) and the Eon Ticket (Emerald) after DP's release. That was actually weird since it was a store distribution. This? They're making it possible for VC buyers to redeem the code throughout the 20th anniversary year. They could also have the code work on a Generation VII game eventually.

I also assume the code will be available at some point besides the bundle due to its year long life.
The code, unlike the ticket, is also offered to anyone who downloads one of the VC games. It's their way of encouraging people to buy a VC game even if they lack nostalgia.

Last edited:
Ah I thought it came with the bundle as well. That's cool, it means Mew is getting its focus elsewhere, meaning there IS something more to the movie. But still, I am going to believe that Gen 6 is as good as confirmed to be sticking around that long until otherwise.

But still, I am going to believe that Gen 6 is as good as confirmed to be sticking around that long until otherwise.
It's funny that this is the interpretation you're going with when the likelihood of the movie focusing on a new Pokémon has just increased.

The Mew code is about the VC games more than anything else. They aren't part of Generation VI.

While it is pretty contradictory, I agree that the movie has nothing else to promote now, how else can it be seen? Yes its about the VC release, but if they wanted to extend the Mew Event to gen 7 and not reveal that something is afoot, the event could last till December and nobody would bat an eye. It would be only a month or two after the games drop in this case. March on the other hand is way after the next gen launches, and I really see no reason why they would let people download it for XYORAS instead of pushing them to the next gen.

While it is pretty contradictory, I agree that the movie has nothing else to promote now, how else can it be seen? Yes its about the VC release, but if they wanted to extend the Mew Event to gen 7 and not reveal that something is afoot, the event could last till December and nobody would bat an eye. It would be only a month or two after the games drop in this case. March on the other hand is way after the next gen launches, and I really see no reason why they would let people download it for XYORAS instead of pushing them to the next gen.
They're making the code available until February 28th, 2017 because that is when the anniversary year will end. XY and ORAS are being used because they're the only modern games available at the start. The code could and should work on any new game released until the event is over, and there is no reason why said game has to be part of the current generation.

This makes far more sense than what happened with the MysticTicket and Eon Ticket, which is a precedent that still makes your "confirmation" iffy at best.

When you put it that way, I guess I can concede that it looks a bit spotty to think that way. I guess we'll find out by Februarh at the most, so until then we can have our opinions. I just don't see how gen 7 coming next year is viable yet.

I can definitely entertain a Gen 7 but I'm wondering where all the new Pokémon are? Like if it's next why even give Zygarde the limelight when you could give it to the new starters, the gen 7 Mew, or even the Lucario of that Gen? Why keep up this foreplay and advertise something minor compared to something huge?

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure Game Freak had said that 2016 will be made as a big celebration of the 20th anniversary. If that is true, then I doubt another sixth generation game would be big enough for them to say that. So it must be seventh generation. Hm... we won't know until it happens, I guess. Nintendo Direct has been dissolved, and we will hear about Nintendo Direct's successor program sometime next year. So I don't think there's any kind of media to announce the games worldwide within a livestream, unless Pokémon.com makes up one, on Ustream or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom