• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am especially impatient to know WHAT the game is.

If it's a meaty wrap up game I am getting it.

If it's a bare bones generation debut pair for Gen VII, I am waiting for the next one.

Last edited:
We should hijack the Pokemon20 hashtag and demand Z.

And I agree with Meta Boss. If Game Freak really are trolling us, and gave us another bare bones twin gen starters instead of giving gen 6 the closure it needs I probably wouldn't buy them. I love Pokemon, but at the moment it feels like Game Freak is hollowing it out. I mean already there's talk of no more remakes because of VC, and theirs a campaign against 3rd instalments/sequels, so what would we be left with?

Also the thing I don't get with Pokemon, everyone needs a 2ds/3ds to play, you need two if you are lonely and want to trade, then they bring out new models of 3ds, then they bring out all these promotional offers. Also in competitions like the nationals and the Eon relay they give them out as prizes. Question is how many 3ds does Game Freak/Pokemon think we need/can buy?

Back to the main point though, this feels similar to the pain of waiting for Majoras Mask 3D after Ocarina of Time 3D, they were painfully slow then as well, and a lot of people thought Link Between Worlds meant no Majoras Mask, but we got there eventually, but it took like 3 years. I don't think it's a nice trait in Nintendo to tease its fans for this long.

Looks like those rumors about trembling news is false. Well, I never brought that for a second anyway and I don't see much for corocoro this month.
It hasn't leaked and even if it did it would allegedly just confirm that Zygarde is appearing in Volcanion's movie. Next month's corocoro is when the apparently trembling news would happen.

We should hijack the Pokemon20 hashtag and demand Z.

And I agree with Meta Boss. If Game Freak really are trolling us, and gave us another bare bones twin gen starters instead of giving gen 6 the closure it needs I probably wouldn't buy them. I love Pokemon, but at the moment it feels like Game Freak is hollowing it out. I mean already there's talk of no more remakes because of VC, and theirs a campaign against 3rd instalments/sequels, so what would we be left with?

Also the thing I don't get with Pokemon, everyone needs a 2ds/3ds to play, you need two if you are lonely and want to trade, then they bring out new models of 3ds, then they bring out all these promotional offers. Also in competitions like the nationals and the Eon relay they give them out as prizes. Question is how many 3ds does Game Freak/Pokemon think we need/can buy?

Back to the main point though, this feels similar to the pain of waiting for Majoras Mask 3D after Ocarina of Time 3D, they were painfully slow then as well, and a lot of people thought Link Between Worlds meant no Majoras Mask, but we got there eventually, but it took like 3 years. I don't think it's a nice trait in Nintendo to tease its fans for this long.
I agree, except I don't think the games are hollowing/becoming more barebones than before.

I think the formula is the same as always: Generation debuts are bare bones, remakes and third games are more content packed and satisfying.

And although even generation debuts are less barebones than they used to, I still think they are pointless, and eventually feel like a beta for their third version and remakes.

I made an exception for X, as I was super hyped for the new graphics and Megas, etc, but usually, I try to avoid debut pairs, and I wait for remakes and third versions.

The best thing that they can do would be to stop holding stuff back for third games, and just give us all the content from the beginning...

So, make the generation debuts as content packed as third bersions/sequels,and then make remakes after a few generations.

Last edited:

What are u talking about? It's always been like that. Of course you need to own the console the game comes out on. Also people don't NEED to buy another system in order to trade. That's what the GTS and Wonder trade are for. GF don't expect anyone to buy more than one handheld. For one they don't necessarily make any money off of people buying multiple handhelds, Nintendo does. All these promotional offers are just extra things for people to buy if they choose to do so. you don't NEED to buy anything........sorry I don't mean for this to feel like an attack in any way at all. I was just kind of confused as to why ur just NOW realizing all this. There's always going to be different versions of the same console. It's not just Nintendo. Sony and Microsoft do it too. lol

I agree, except I don't think the games are hollowing/becoming more barebones than before.

I think the formula is the same as always: Generation debuts are bare bones, remakes and third games are more content packed and satisfying.

And although even generation debuts are less barebones than they used to, I still think they are pointless, and eventually feel like a beta for their third version and remakes.

I made an exception for X, as I was super hyped for the new graphics and Megas, etc, but usually, I try to avoid debut pairs, and I wait for remakes and third versions.

Well I think ORAS definitely missed stuff from Gen 3 and XY felt very incomplete hence why I am certain of another instalment. Whereas in the past 3rd instalments felt like additional content, now it feels like they remove stuff from the debut pair to save back for the 3rd instalment.

Also I meant that in Gens 3 and 4 we had a debut pair, a pair of remakes and a 3rd instalment. Then in Gen 5 we didn't get any remakes. Some are now suggesting that we won't get remakes again as Gen 4 doesn't need them and because they put games on the VC, then we have the campaign on here to cut out 3rd instalments. So what would we be left with, each Gen only consisting of a debut pair???

What are u talking about? It's always been like that. Of course you need to own the console the game comes out on. Also people don't NEED to buy another system in order to trade. That's what the GTS and Wonder trade are for. GF don't expect anyone to buy more than one handheld. For one they don't necessarily make any money off of people buying multiple handhelds, Nintendo does. All these promotional offers are just extra things for people to buy if they choose to do so. you don't NEED to buy anything........sorry I don't mean for this to feel like an attack in any way at all. I was just kind of confused as to why ur just NOW realizing all this. There's always going to be different versions of the same console. It's not just Nintendo. Sony and Microsoft do it too. lol

It just feels like now they are sacrificing game content and saying meh buy more expensive merchandise you don't need, then buy more and more. Like when Lady Gaga was telling her fans to buy 5 copies of her Album! :p

I think GF will maintain the current pattern of generational releases.

But ideally they should just eliminate third versions, and just have all the content that third version have, in the debut pair.

The release a VC game.

Then a remake.

So for example the pattern of Gen VII would go like this:

1. A meaty Gen debut pair in 2017.
2. Gen II available for the VC in 2018.
3. Gen IV remakes in 2019.

It just feels like now they are sacrificing game content and saying meh buy more expensive merchandise you don't need, then buy more and more. Like when Lady Gaga was telling her fans to buy 5 copies of her Album! :p

No it isn't........not at all. Gf has nothing to do with the general merchandising. They make the games and then Nintendo and TPCI do all the rest. Any bundles, toys, apparel,or whatever have nothing to do with GF. If you feel like the game content is lacking then that's just bc GF can b lazy at times and then give very lame excuses as to y they left something out of their games. In no way does any of the merchandising effect the game development. Also again Pokemon has always required u to need someone else to play with in some way as far as battling and trading. With the advent of wireless connectivity that problem is a thing of the past. You don't NEED to buy anything extra in order to enjoy the games. Any merchandise that is sold is just to give people variety of product and for people who actually want to spend the money.

Last edited:
I've learned in life to not read too much into things, for you may end up severely disappointed.
I am not the biggest fan of Kalos, so I wouldn't be disappointed if that's not what they make.

But I just think it's what they are doing, given how all the merchandising is shifting towards that.

All that Zygarde and Greninja marketing has to serve for something else than "oh those were the two things planned for gen VI that you can have in gen VII".

Last edited:
Reactions: !Z!
I agree with Meta Boss, Pokemon aren't going to have spent the previous 4 to 5 months advertising and promoting a product that doesn't exist.

Not to mention South France is likely to get a look in, when they decided to do a region based on France I'm sure they didn't do just the top half, all previous regions incorporated the full area of the region they were based on.

I doubt they have a storyline for Zygarde if the pokemon is in gen 7. It would be just a random legendary in gen 7 region because the mascot of gen 7 would focus on gen 7 legendary. Also there is no way Zygarde would have a post-game story either because if it had a story, then it would have been in Z of gen 6 and not in gen 7. I think gen 7 would be in 2017.

Why, just tell me why, Zygarde needs a PLOT to have his forms addressed in Generation 7? If we don't get a Z, and Zygarde's formes go on to debut in Generation 7 with no lore behind them, no one will care. We already know the gist of it.

And it wouldn't be the first time a Legendary's formes went unexplained.

I sincerely hope they don't announce Z in the Super Bowl because I don't want main series games to be announcement during a sports match. I want the announcement to come the normal way.

So you don't want a main series game to be announced to the entire world, an audience of MILLIONS, but you would much rather Pokémon send out a simple Tweet and a YouTube video that at most will reach THOUSANDS? Just because you don't like sports? How selfish of you, honestly.

Why, just tell me why, Zygarde needs a PLOT to have his forms addressed in Generation 7? If we don't get a Z, and Zygarde's formes go on to debut in Generation 7 with no lore behind them, no one will care. We already know the gist of it.

So you don't want a main series game to be announced to the entire world, an audience of MILLIONS, but you would much rather Pokémon send out a simple Tweet and a YouTube video that at most will reach THOUSANDS? Just because you don't like sports? How selfish of you, honestly.

I agree with you that announcing it at Super Bowl would be pretty cool, although logically I think it will instead be focused on Pokemon Go.

Strongly disagree with you about the forms though. When has there even been form changes suddenly appear in a game with no explanation? Not everyone watches the anime, the games have a far larger audience, it would be obscene to have Zygarde's forms just randomly appear in Gen 7.

Imagine if Black 2/White 2 didn't exist and straight after Black White, we got XY and someone just randomly handed us the Gene Splicer and left us to figure it out and wonder why Kyurem could suddenly absorb one of the other 2 dragons.

First off, Zygarde doesn't belong in gen 7 and should be mascot of Z in gen 6
Second off, I do want the games announced to the world but not by some silly sport.
Third, don't assume I'm selfish because I am not. I appreciate if vile opinions are kept away from me.

It hasn't leaked and even if it did it would allegedly just confirm that Zygarde is appearing in Volcanion's movie. Next month's corocoro is when the apparently trembling news would happen.

Unless they lied about the trembling news what I am now starting to think has happened.

Last edited:
I think GF will maintain the current pattern of generational releases.

But ideally they should just eliminate third versions, and just have all the content that third version have, in the debut pair. --> Then release a VC game. -->Then a remake.

So for example the pattern of Gen VII would go like this:
1. A meaty Gen debut pair in 2017.
2. Gen II available for the VC in 2018.
3. Gen IV remakes in 2019.
Okay, this I would be okay with...

WHAT IF.....Gen VII is south of Kalos and encompasses some lore from it with similar Pokemon populations like Johto was with Kanto? And then Gen VII has a nostalgia focus on Gen II with ME's for those starters similar to Gen VI's Kanto focus. Then, the remakes would be Gen IV, which would bring those starters ME's similar to ORAS for the Gen III ones.

Setting up Gen VII's region to be the Johto of Kalos I think would be perfectly acceptable and the only way to make it okay to push Zygarde's forms to the next generation since it would still be near Kalos.

Thoughts?

WHAT IF.....Gen VII is south of Kalos and encompasses some lore from it with similar Pokemon populations like Johto was with Kanto? And then Gen VII has a nostalgia focus on Gen II with ME's for those starters similar to Gen VI's Kanto focus. Then, the remakes would be Gen IV, which would bring those starters ME's similar to ORAS for the Gen III ones.

Setting up Gen VII's region to be the Johto of Kalos I think would be perfectly acceptable and the only way to make it okay to push Zygarde's forms to the next generation since it would still be near Kalos.

Thoughts?
Not bad, still I want a Zygarde based game. It's no fair for him to not have his own game.

Thoughts?

I rather they didn't do another duo region especially in another gen. The whole Johto and Kanto thing didn't work to well in GSC and HGSS.

Thoughts?
i mean it'd be cool.......but duo-regions don't really work so you'd be robbing not only Kalos but also Kalos's Johto equivalent.

I agree with you that announcing it at Super Bowl would be pretty cool, although logically I think it will instead be focused on Pokemon Go.

Strongly disagree with you about the forms though. When has there even been form changes suddenly appear in a game with no explanation? Not everyone watches the anime, the games have a far larger audience, it would be obscene to have Zygarde's forms just randomly appear in Gen 7.

Imagine if Black 2/White 2 didn't exist and straight after Black White, we got XY and someone just randomly handed us the Gene Splicer and left us to figure it out and wonder why Kyurem could suddenly absorb one of the other 2 dragons.

Arceus. Burmy. Wormadam. Unown. Rotom. Deoxys (Which still haven't been explained in the GAMES, btw. All the information we have comes from the anime and manga.). Keldeo. Meloetta. There is precedent. I'm not saying it'll happen, I'm just saying if it did, we'd all just have to suck it up.

First off, Zygarde doesn't belong in gen 7 and should be mascot of Z in gen 6
Second off, I do want the games announced to the world but not by some silly sport.
Third, don't assume I'm selfish because I am not. I appreciate if vile opinions are kept away from me.

Unless they lied about the trembling news what I am now starting to think has happened.
If the news is just Zygarde being in the movie and they gave us a stay tuned tease then the leakers might've just considered it too minor to leak early. Like what happened when the Blue Core was revealed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom