• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the news is just Zygarde being in the movie and they gave us a stay tuned tease then the leakers might've just considered it too minor to leak early. Like what happened when the Blue Core was revealed.

Maybe but I am guessing that this month's corocoro has serial code or anime news. Worst case scenario is another spin-off game.

Okay, this I would be okay with...

WHAT IF.....Gen VII is south of Kalos and encompasses some lore from it with similar Pokemon populations like Johto was with Kanto? And then Gen VII has a nostalgia focus on Gen II with ME's for those starters similar to Gen VI's Kanto focus. Then, the remakes would be Gen IV, which would bring those starters ME's similar to ORAS for the Gen III ones.

Setting up Gen VII's region to be the Johto of Kalos I think would be perfectly acceptable and the only way to make it okay to push Zygarde's forms to the next generation since it would still be near Kalos.

Thoughts?

I can see this happening, or... Have Southern Kalos be the size of a new region as suggested before. That way Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde would be still the mascots in that scenario, the Kalos starters would still be relevant, and who knows about new Pokemon.

I rather they didn't do another duo region especially in another gen. The whole Johto and Kanto thing didn't work to well in GSC and HGSS.

i mean it'd be cool.......but duo-regions don't really work so you'd be robbing not only Kalos but also Kalos's Johto equivalent.

To be fair, G/S/C was ages ago. I'm not so sure on using HG/SS to support the argument because considering FR/LG and OR/AS, they wouldn't change in remakes.

This month's CoroCoro was supposed to have the Picross code for Complete Zygarde, that's what was stated in either the issue last month with Volcanion's reveal or the issue we got in November. I've looked up and down(in the right places I don't know), and it doesn't seem to have even come out yet. It was due out on the 15th, and IIRC wasn't there some sort of controversy a while back about it being illegal to leak it online early? Maybe that policy or whatever might have finally kicked in, I don't know. But it would be appreciated if somebody with the know-how would come in and confirm whether it was leaked or not.

Now, one would think that additional info on Zygarde would be included with that code, regardless if it was Movie 19 news or not.

Corocoro has leaked. It mostly has nothing new except a bit on Volcanion. However it says "Next month's issue of CoroCoro, due out on February 15th, will also have a World Exclusive Scoop Poster and a major announcement that will affect the entire world."

February is when the real movie star + movie title is usually revealed. So this is most likely that, as we still don't have the title.

But guess we'll wait and see. :p

Underwhelming mess:ROFLMAO:

I hope that the world affecting news ain't Pokemon Go, I still have no interest in a phone game, I might even be downgrading my iPhone since I don't have the coins to pay my plan right now. Please be the same day release of Z by summer:D

Corocoro has leaked. It mostly has nothing new except a bit on Volcanion. However it says "Next month's issue of CoroCoro, due out on February 15th, will also have a World Exclusive Scoop Poster and a major announcement that will affect the entire world."

February is when the real movie star + movie title is usually revealed. So this is most likely that, as we still don't have the title.

But guess we'll wait and see. :p
Yeah, its definitely gonna be movie news, no way around that. We kinda knew since Volcanion in December that February is likely gonna be a big month, still waiting on it. But I dunno, maybe they can pull a B2W2 on us? Like the movie blowout is tied to the game reveal.

I am interested on why Volcanion hate humans. As for the announcement, I am bit doubtful on it being a new game but just have to wait for that day to come.

I am interested on why Volcanion hate humans. As for the announcement, I am bit doubtful on it being a new game but just have to wait for that day to come.
Maybe it was a kind soul but humans attacked it out of fear and ignorance perhaps?

I don't see a Volcanion or Zygarde form being hyped for the movie in this "world changing" way honestly (or however Corocoro has phrased it). My money's on a whole new Pokemon joining Volcanion in the movie (and it was last month too, so haven't really changed my view there). Not fussed if I end up wrong anyway, before people get prickly at me suggesting a new Pokemon.

Last time they did one of these big "world changing" teases was Mega Evolution's reveal IIRC, so a new Pokemon seems fitting for a similar tease. Then again Mega Mewtwo Y was in the Genesect movie and that isn't really a new Pokemon I guess so we could end up thrown a similar sort of curveball.

Next month should be fun anyway. Between the SuperBowl ad (probably nothing but could still be fun), Corocoro's reveal and then the anniversary itself we're basically set for a month of highs. So let's not ruin it with petty bickering and enjoy ourselves because we're all here for the same reasons :D also pre-order a 20th anniversary 2DS/3DS and relive Gen I's nostalgia

Then again Mega Mewtwo Y was in the Genesect movie and that isn't really a new Pokemon I guess so we could end up thrown a similar sort of curveball.
CoroCoro only promised a "special feature for the movie poster" back then, which is a pretty far cry from how they're describing next month's news.

It's understandable why they used Mega Mewtwo Y for Movie 16 since it led to the announcement of Mega Evolution as a whole. Forms are usually revealed in April-June since they aren't as major as the choice of the movie star; they fuel hype rather than propagate it.

I'm guessing we'll get a new Pokemon.

Full movie titles come with February and the timing would be perfect to introduce the second movie star since I doubt it will be Zygarde.

CoroCoro only promised a "special feature for the movie poster" back then, which is a pretty far cry from how they're describing next month's news.

Oh I wasn't meaning how Mega Mewtwo's announcement was worded similarly (honestly couldn't remember anyway) just meant an older Pokemon's form starring alongside the last event Pokemon of the Gen. Similar to how Volcanion is the last event mon of Gen VI here.

But you're right about the month part anyway, it didn't occur to me as I was posting that forms aren't given the Feb reveal. So it isn't a good example of me to use really.

I'm guessing we'll get a new Pokemon.

Full movie titles come with February and the timing would be perfect to introduce the second movie star since I doubt it will be Zygarde.

I agree. I didn't agree with it being Zygarde before, but now with this "world changing" news being the same month that we know main movie stars and titles are revealed it's even more telling. No way would Zygarde be this hyped (even another form of it imo).

Will the 'entire world' see the Pokemon ad during the Super Bowl, though? We get American shows here in Britain but we don't get the exact same American commercials that air during those shows. I'm not an expert so correct me if I'm wrong, but unless the Pokemon ad is in the Superbowl itself (like the halftime show) I don't think the 'whole world' will see it unless it gets released on Youtube at the same time.

Anyway, I kinda suspected we'd get game news soon so...hypehypehype!

When is the next Coro Coro? Before or after the VC releases? It's before, right?

If it's before, we could have a big hint towards the next game reveal in next Coro Coro, then VC releases, then a month later, the game reveal in March. That's my current bet, but I hope they reveal it earlier than that.

When is the next Coro Coro? Before or after the VC releases? It's before, right?

If it's before, we could have a big hint towards the next game reveal in next Coro Coro, then VC releases, then a month later, the game reveal in March. That's my current bet, but I hope they reveal it earlier than that.

Yeah it's before the VC release, a few days before if I'm correct. That would be awesome though, cause I'm not all that hyped for Pokkén, March/April would be a good time for the reveal. I'm always hoping it will be earlier and just appear out of nowhere one day though lol, aren't we all.

Corocoro is always the middle of the month. 15th is usually its release date, but sometimes can be 14th/13th depending on other circumstances like holidays iirc. And so we get leaks 11th-13th mostly.

August it's usually earlier regardless, generally the 12th is its official release instead, with leaks 8th-11th. But we're so far away from August that's not really relevant but hey still useful to know.

Yeah it's before the VC release, a few days before if I'm correct. That would be awesome though, cause I'm not all that hyped for Pokkén, March/April would be a good time for the reveal. I'm always hoping it will be earlier and just appear out of nowhere one day though lol, aren't we all.
Yes, I think the same.

Z outta nowhere!

Here's my full prediction:

The news is a new Pokemon that will star alongside Volcanion in the movie. We usually get full movie titles in February so it would be ideal. It would also set the stage for generation 7 or at least gen 6.5 because they will surely want to give Zygarde its focus in the next set of games.

So yeah. I believe we’re getting a new set of games or just a new game that will feature Zygarde, its forms as well as new Pokemon and Mega Evolutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom