• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The game can be "Pokemon Z" in spirit, but don't cross out the possibility of the game not being called "Pokemon Z".

Maybe. Whatever it is called, it might not be a traditional third version game. It might be sequels for all we know. I usually go by logic when speculating but I guess the announcement would show us what the name would be.

I love @BlackButterfree 's idea

You need 8 gym leaders, and the Elite 4, so that's 12 bosses, 2 from each region,

from Kanto

Elite 4 member Agatha (Ghost)
&
Elite 4 member Lance (Dragon)

from Johto

Gym Leader Whitney (Normal)
&
Gym Leader Jasmine (Steel)

from Hoenn

Gym Leader Wattson (Electric)
&
Gym Leader Tate& Liza (Psychic) (Double Battle

from Sinnoh

Elite 4 Member Bertha (Ground)
&
Elite 4 Member Flint (Fire)

from Unova
Gym Leader Skyla (Flying)
&
Gym Leader Roxie (Poison

from Kalos

Gym Leader Korrina (Fighting)
&
Gym Leader Valerie (Fairy)

and then for the champion,

the original hero,

RED!!!

Thanks! But, my league would be something a little bit more... Like this. It wouldn't be restricted to towns and cities like usual games though. Since Hoopa would have to scavenge places from every region (in each incarnation) to combine into a new world, there would actually be gyms in more landmarks. Not to mention the E4 and Champion would be in areas taken from spin-off universes as opposed to in one single building.

Gym Leaders:
  • Bertha - Ground - Desert Resort
  • Volkner - Electric - New Mauville
  • Falkner - Flying - Pallet Town
  • Burgh - Bug - Floaroma Meadow
  • Sabrina - Psychic - Anistar City
  • Brawly - Fighting - Mt. Mortar
  • Steven - Steel - Iron Island
  • Wulfric - Ice - Shoal Cave
Elite 4:
  • Cynthia - Chicole Village
  • Lance - Mt. Sorbet
  • Brock - Pyrite Town
  • Misty - Summerland
Champion:
  • Red - Serene Village
I love that idea, it would certainly be the unorthodox type of thing I would hope to expect from Masuda's surprise tactics rather than dumb shock value of forms.

I don't know, I quite enjoy forms.

But I definitely do wish Game Freak would try something new like this. It would be awesome. And Hoopa combining the Multiverse could reveal some previously unknown new species, due to combining realities where some Pokémon might not have come into existence only to be replaced with others.

There's a lot of awesome ideas on this thread as of late. Is it safe to assume that we can all have good speculative fun without all of the antagonizing and petty put-downs?

Okay, I'll have a go then.

I'm not sure what will happen in regards to gen 6 finale or gen 7 starting, but I suppose if it's a gen 6 game, then the region would be expanded a bit (South Kalos). If it's going to be gen 7 games, then I'd expect it to be somewhere completely different from Kalos, as moving onto a new gen with a gen 2 kind of situation would be a bit off considering that this generation is certainly not strong enough to ride the coattails of (loved oras though, just mean the Kalos side of things). The most beneficial way for things to go, in my opinion, is for a gen 6 finale to come next so the generation has at least one meaty game set in its native region as a send off. But at the same time, I'm tired of gen 6. Maybe I'm just getting old, but I'd readily welcome a new gen and start over with a blank state. That being said, it would be bittersweet as Kalos certainly deserves more than what it's got.

Actually, a Game worthy of the 20th (now that we have Hoopa, the Creation Trio and Arceus, as well as a confirmed Multiverse) would be something similar to what Marvel Comics just did for the past year: Battleworld. They took every reality they've ever done and smashed them all together.

Something where all the notable characters of the past games get drawn into a new, patchwork region created by Hoopa to save the Pokéverse from doom. It would be a brand-new region, with brand new PC's, but the league would be full of fan favorite characters, with all other characters found in random areas of the region, which would have new names but be recreations of areas from old games. And depending where the area originated from, it would match those graphics (ex. Lavender Town would be done in R/G/B/Y graphics, while any Sevii locations would be in FR/LG graphics, so on and so forth). And it would also include references to the anime and Pokémon Adventures, being a full celebration of the franchise.

Sadly, they would never do that, so I'll be satisfied with whatever Game Freak puts out.

But a game that would be centered around the multiverse of Pokémon and a temporary merging? That would be AMAZING.
Oh man, now I'm so sad this will never happen.

I love @BlackButterfree 's idea

You need 8 gym leaders, and the Elite 4, so that's 12 bosses, 2 from each region,

from Kanto

Elite 4 member Agatha (Ghost)
&
Elite 4 member Lance (Dragon)

from Johto

Gym Leader Whitney (Normal)
&
Gym Leader Jasmine (Steel)

from Hoenn

Gym Leader Wattson (Electric)
&
Gym Leader Tate& Liza (Psychic) (Double Battle

from Sinnoh

Elite 4 Member Bertha (Ground)
&
Elite 4 Member Flint (Fire)

from Unova
Gym Leader Skyla (Flying)
&
Gym Leader Roxie (Poison

from Kalos

Gym Leader Korrina (Fighting)
&
Gym Leader Valerie (Fairy)

and then for the champion,

the original hero,

RED!!!
Switch Bertha for Volkner. And remove Wattson for Wallace (Water).

I did originally have that, but then realised I was short 1 Elite 4 member, and was like, maybe explore the connection between Agatha and Bertha?
Hmmm, maybe, maybe, we already have Ghost, Dragon, Normal, Steel, Psychic, Water, Electric, Fire, Flying, Poison, Fighting, and Fairy (in my list). Only Grass, Rock, Ice, Dark, Ground, and Bug are missing. Maybe we can replace Agatha with Lorelei (Ice) and make Agatha and Bertha Double Battle Partners with Elite Four Als and levels. And make Grimsley a Elite Four member instead of Skyla.

If an Anniversary title like that were to happen, I'd rather see everyone appear in some format instead of being selective and leaving people out.

All the gym leaders, all the elite four members, all the champions, all the frontier brain, the subway bosses & chatelaines...epic stuff.

Basically, think PWT on steroids turned up to 11 witb the nob broken off.

If an Anniversary title like that were to happen, I'd rather see everyone appear in some format instead of being selective and leaving people out.

All the gym leaders, all the elite four members, all the champions, all the frontier brain, the subway bosses & chatelaines...epic stuff.

You are right. Maybe in Mega B2W2 (XYORAS universe) could have decided to create a PWT in Kalos?

Maybe in Mega B2W2 (XYORAS universe) could have decided to create a PWT in Kalos?

Since it'd be a multiverse title the canon wouldn't matter as such. Kindof like Final Fantasy's Dissidia series, and Zelda's Hyrule Warriors.

Hell, you could even have Leaf appear as a Champion as well, as she generally gets ignored. She may not be canon but she exists. Red could use his G/S/C team while Leaf could use the HG/SS team. Imagine fighting past player characters in their own PWT tournament.

A villianous team could be comprised of all the past teams mish-mashed together in some kind of big villianous effort.

Everyone is there, actually. And everyone can be fought. All past E4, Champions, GL, FB, PC, Evil Teams and even the Professors. lol

There'd just also be a league as well.

You are right. Maybe in Mega B2W2 (XYORAS universe) could have decided to create a PWT in Kalos?
They could give us the PWT again. If they make sequs taking place any number of years after XY, Kalos would be the next location for the PWT being held. And honestly, it has to. If any gameplay features are to celebrare the Anniversary, the PWT would be perfect. The only issue would be, unlike the sprites, they have to make the models for them, and unlike B2W2, there is a considerate amount of time since say, the PtHGSS era, so a considerable amount of time passed since we have seen the leaders. Appearances not changing in B2W2 was passable, but with a PWT 3 or 4 years later, things would have to be different.

As for celebrating the anniversary, I am in favor of a Hoopa related thing happening. It would make sense if its portals could bounce you about the multiverse. I've said this idea before, maybe you hunt the Zygarde Cells throughout various eras and regions of Pokemon?

They could give us the PWT again. If they make sequs taking place any number of years after XY, Kalos would be the next location for the PWT being held. And honestly, it has to. If any gameplay features are to celebrare the Anniversary, the PWT would be perfect. The only issue would be, unlike the sprites, they have to make the models for them, and unlike B2W2, there is a considerate amount of time since say, the PtHGSS era, so a considerable amount of time passed since we have seen the leaders. Appearances not changing in B2W2 was passable, but with a PWT 3 or 4 years later, things would have to be different.

As for celebrating the anniversary, I am in favor of a Hoopa related thing happening. It would make sense if its portals could bounce you about the multiverse. I've said this idea before, maybe you hunt the Zygarde Cells throughout various eras and regions of Pokemon?

B2W2 and XY take place at the same time!!! It was confirmed, so there would be no problem with keeping them the same, besides PWT isn't really Canon anyway.

You just posted the reason why it would be an issue. If it were sequels, after XY and B2W2, then they could feature it. If it were a 3rd version, then it would be an issue.

You just posted the reason why it would be an issue. If it were sequels, after XY and B2W2, then they could feature it. If it were a 3rd version, then it would be an issue.

DPPT and HGSS are also at the same time and both have the same Battle Frontier. If Z takes place same time as B2W2 just like XY, I doubt people will complain that much that PWT is technically available in 2 regions at the same time, especially as in real life B2W2 will be about 4 years old if not more.

No offense intended here, but personally, a big humongaloid multiverse crisis crossover with EVERY LEAGUE MEMBER EVER seems just a bit too much, even for an anniversary. I think I definitely prefer more low-key celebrations and even just stories; I have similarly never been keen on the idea of an all-regions game.

Although, their usual technique of referencing and emulating Gen I at every opportunity wouldn't really work for me either, because XY already did that. It's not that I hate Gen I, but I find it a little disappointing that Game Freak tends to pander solely to those who worship it.

I don't think they would do the PWT again. It seemed like a lot of work for them when they did it for B2W2. I think we are going to get Battle Maison for the third time in a row. I like them to improve the teams of the Battle Chateau so the gym leaders, Elite Four and Champion use full teams.

I don't think they would do the PWT again. It seemed like a lot of work for them when they did it for B2W2.

No not at all. The only work they need to do are remixing the themes and design the stadion. The leaders/champs could be made in a day, since the used the sprites from previous games and the teams are easy to make like normal trainer battle themes. The Maison itself was the same grade of work as the PWT.

Actually, a Game worthy of the 20th (now that we have Hoopa, the Creation Trio and Arceus, as well as a confirmed Multiverse) would be something similar to what Marvel Comics just did for the past year: Battleworld. They took every reality they've ever done and smashed them all together.

Something where all the notable characters of the past games get drawn into a new, patchwork region created by Hoopa to save the Pokéverse from doom. It would be a brand-new region, with brand new PC's, but the league would be full of fan favorite characters, with all other characters found in random areas of the region, which would have new names but be recreations of areas from old games. And depending where the area originated from, it would match those graphics (ex. Lavender Town would be done in R/G/B/Y graphics, while any Sevii locations would be in FR/LG graphics, so on and so forth). And it would also include references to the anime and Pokémon Adventures, being a full celebration of the franchise.

Sadly, they would never do that, so I'll be satisfied with whatever Game Freak puts out.

But a game that would be centered around the multiverse of Pokémon and a temporary merging? That would be AMAZING.
OMG it's a genius idea. Maybe not a crossover with the anime and manga, but a plot similar including older characters and a great dimensional crisis. If not done in the 20th aniversary, even so, it's a great idea to save for a future game.

Do you guys think a Kalos & Hoenn crossover is possible? I would definitely like such a game, but I doubt it because of the size. Hoenn is huge by itself, and Kalos is not exactly small either (it might even be expanded), so it could be too big for the game.
I would like it, but maybe, not include all hoenn map, just the major cities. The post game areas so will be excluded? It makes sense a sequel envolving both plots and regions. There's great ideas in this thread, just to illustrate, so it's not that woudn't work. The great problem is the data, but i think 3ds support it, don't?But if the next game came with something new but with an equally good plot, okay.

No they don't it's not the fans that come out promising the biggest most jaw dropping news ever. News so HUUUGE, it'd make Donald Trump proud etc. Then reveal some dull freemium spin off or an event distribution of a non mythical Pokemon or worst of all, a Pokemon we've all known about for over 2 years. And yes I know they don't want to acknowledge the leaks, but they must still be aware of them. Don't hype something as big when you know everyone already knows about it. Even if in your initial plan they wouldn't have known by now.
I laughed loud imagining Donald Trump, that megalomaniac dick acting proud with a Pokemon announcement

This is why yesterday, I told you GF is not responsible for our sky high expectations. They put a few cool lore expansions and easter eggs here and there, and we think it has to lead or forshadow something bigger, and it really doesn't have to. It could, but not necessarily.
There's a difference between high expectations, and to complain that the game did not happen exactly as wished in the small details. It is normal for people to want a higher quality, to plot and mechanics, compared to previous versions. Not to mention that XY in this regard, lacked a bit, so it makes sense expect a greater plot to compensate. xD

Do you guys think a Kalos & Hoenn crossover is possible? I would definitely like such a game, but I doubt it because of the size. Hoenn is huge by itself, and Kalos is not exactly small either (it might even be expanded), so it could be too big for the game.

I seriously doubt they would create a crossover main series game. Kalos is pretty big and Hoenn is quite large itself. I prefer single region games apart from HGSS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom