• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 or 2 more? So far Zygarde only has 2 new forms (the cores don't seem to be actual usable Pokemon, they seem more like eggs) I don't think going up to a total of 3 or 4 new forms is that extreme, especially when we know there are 2 hidden moves.
This would create a design inconsistency. Complete Zygarde is already designed to look "Complete". A Mega Complete Zygarde would be too over the top, and too Transformer- ish.

This would create a design inconsistency. Complete Zygarde is already designed to look "Complete". A Mega Complete Zygarde would be too over the top, and too Transformer- ish.

Don't confuse "Complete" with "Only". There can be more than one way to complete something. Both forms would look "complete" but different to each other.

I think what might happen is when the Blue core absorbs the red one, you get a different looking result than when the Red Core absorbs the Blue one, and the form it takes determines which hidden move it can learn.

I personally don't think Zygarde will get another Complete form, it is possible that it may get it, but it seems like Complete is built from a different mindset then Kyurem. With the latter, the forms were clearly made to reference only one other member of its trio as Black and White Kyurem exclusively took elements from Zekrom and Reshiram respectively, that doesn't seem to be the case with Complete form. Complete form doesn't favor either mascot over the other as it's base form is just a humanoid titan whereas the other two are a deer and a carrion bird, and the design cues that are present for them references both as it has elements like the red and blue color scheme. The same seems to hold true for the cores as neither seem to be favored over the other, both get 50% form as implied by the anime, and both have elements in the Complete form, so it stands for reason to believe that neither take precedence over the other and both share that final form. So there is good reason to believe that Complete form will be its only final form rather then us getting two as its design concept seems to take a neutral approach to both mascots and its cores. It can get two, as it does have two moves, but it can still only get one and it gets two signature moves for that one form.

Don't confuse "Complete" with "Only". There can be more than one way to complete something. Both forms would look "complete" but different to each other.

I think what might happen is when the Blue core absorbs the red one, you get a different looking result than when the Red Core absorbs the Blue one, and the form it takes determines which hidden move it can learn.

You could be right. But it would be very forced:

"Hey, remember that cool new thing we promised? Yeah, it's just an other C. Zygarde forme, like the one we revealed before."

I think a Primal Volcanion would be much better. And logical.

There is no logic behind giving Zygarde another form. Complete Zygarde is perfection and doesn't require another 100 BST boost. As for the cores, I don't think the it would matter what core absorbs which because it would result in the same Complete Zygarde.

You could be right. But it would be very forced:

"Hey, remember that cool new thing we promised? Yeah, it's just an other C. Zygarde forme, like the one we revealed before."

I think a Primal Volcanion would be much better. And logical.

Why not both? But I agree overall Primal Volcanion is much more likely, but don't think it rules a new form for Zygarde out either.

There is no logic behind giving Zygarde another form.

Except you know the 2 hidden secret moves, and the missing member of the norse family Zygarde is based on.

Also the anime seems to be trying to distinguish between the blue core and red core, giving them different personalities and even different voices which is something theyve used in the past 2 convey 2 seperate entities, whereas usually when Pokemon are the generic and the same as others they have the same voice.

Last edited:
I don't really want another form, I think I've voiced my distaste for that kind of move in previous comments already. We got some forms...that's great, now focus on something else. It is somewhat gimmicky after it has been done so much since Gen 3 I think it would be good for game freak to stop and do a generation without forms that aren't megas.

Wouldn't you rather have the complete form have BOTH moves? I know I would...

Or maybe new Xerneas/Yveltal formes for the next games? We don't know if Xerneas and Yveltal also can absorb Zygarde Cells OR have the same gimmick like Zygarde and the currently known Xerneas/Yveltal also being 50% formes.

Thousand Waves sound something that goes horizontally -> X-Axe -> Xerneas
Thousand Arrows sound something that goes vertically -> Y-Axe -> Yveltal
Mix the Zygarde cells with Xerneas and Yveltal in for the animation of the moves making sense and there we have our new legendary formes.

Maybe:
Zygarde Cells -> Z-Cells
Xerneas Cells - X-Cells
Yveltal Cells -> Y-Cells

50% X/Y-Cells and 50% Zygarde = ZX Mascot/ZY Mascot.

Maybe more different legendary formes like:
50% X and 50% Y = new pokemon.
25% X and 75% Y = new pokemon

etc.

The goal of Project Azoth is achieving Primal Reversion for Groudon/ Kyogre.

So if Project Azoth is related to the Azoth Kingdom, Volcanion is obviously getting a PR.

The goal of Project Azoth is achieving Primal Reversion for Groudon/ Kyogre.

So if Project Azoth is related to the Azoth Kingdom, Volcanion is obviously getting a PR.

I agree so much on Primal Volcanion, have said it for ages, but I doubt it will be in just the anime if the games hinted towards it first. Yes we saw the games give a nod to Alain after he appeared in the anime, but I doubt something mentioned in the games would be resolved in the anime only.

I think the 2 will definitely link in.

Not to mention AZ's involvement, they are tying the games together in a really cool way, just like Masuda hinted, now maybe that will be in the movie too, but I can't see them creating all these ties in the games, just to show it off in the movie only.

Why would Xerneas and Yveltal have new forms when Zygarde is clearly the main focus for the next games? I don't see them having cells of Xerneas and Yveltal in the game. Zygarde is the only one with cells and it makes more sense for it. The only new form that may happen is for Volcanion but as for Zygarde, it is pretty much done at this point.

Why would Xerneas and Yveltal have new forms when Zygarde is clearly the main focus for the next games? I don't see them having cells of Xerneas and Yveltal in the game. Zygarde is the only one with cells and it makes more sense for it. The only new form that may happen is for Volcanion but as for Zygarde, it is pretty much done at this point.

So you really think they will release Z and only Z, despite saying they wanted to do something different, and Complete Zygarde will be the mascot even though it will be 9 month after it was initially revealed?

So you really think they will release Z and only Z, despite saying they wanted to do something different, and Complete Zygarde will be the mascot even though it will be 9 month after it was initially revealed?

I just the buy the whole "more new forms for Zygarde" thing. If there was evidence or more evidence to suggest there is then I would believe it. If Game Freak makes a hint towards another form then I would believe it. But for now, I only see Complete Zygarde as the final form.

You're pretty much saying, "We can only get Mega Evolutions or w/e for Gens 1-6 Pokemon and something for Volcanion now". Why do you insist on shooting down the possibility of new formes for Xerneas and Yveltal? They're related to Zygarde, so they're still relevant. :/

You say you're being logical, but... It's not really being logical if you just say "they're only doing this because they've never done something else before" like it's a fact.

Also the anime seems to be trying to distinguish between the blue core and red core, giving them different personalities and even different voices which is something theyve used in the past 2 convey 2 seperate entities, whereas usually when Pokemon are the generic and the same as others they have the same voice.

Actually, both Squishy and Z2 have the same voice actor, Yuki Kaji. Also, we don't know enough about Z2 to say that it has that much of a different personality from Squishy, though I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

By the way, I am starting to like Volcanion a lot. It looks to me as a counterpart for Heatran.

I just would've liked if it wasn't an event. Heatran isn't.

Actually, both Squishy and Z2 have the same voice actor, Yuki Kaji, so that's actually a point against that (at least in terms of "split personality merge" characters like Piccolo/Kami). Also, we don't know enough about Z2 to say that it has that much of a different personality from Squishy (though I wouldn't be surprised if it did).

Maybe the same voice actor, but the voice is extremely different, Z2 is much deeper and male sounding. I think there is a reason for this, otherwise why not do a single Zygarde core voice, instead of deliberately making a differentiation.

By the way, I am starting to like Volcanion a lot. It looks to me as a counterpart for Heatran.

I just would've liked if it wasn't an event. Heatran isn't.

Maybe it isn't? Pokemon V confirmed ;)

You're pretty much saying, "We can only get Mega Evolutions or w/e for Gens 1-6 Pokemon and something for Volcanion now". Why do you insist on shooting down the possibility of new formes for Xerneas and Yveltal? They're related to Zygarde, so they're still relevant. :/

You say you're being logical, but... It's not really being logical if you just say "they're only doing this because they've never done something else before" like it's a fact.

Zygarde would be the main focus though. Why give Xerneas and Yveltal new forms? It would be cool if they did but I don't see the point. Nothing I say is fact, I know that but I can't see anymore forms for Zygarde or some for the other two.

Maybe the same voice actor, but the voice is extremely different, Z2 is much deeper and male sounding. I think there is a reason for this, otherwise why not do a single Zygarde core voice, instead of deliberately making a differentiation.

Maybe it isn't? Pokemon V confirmed ;)
Yes please!!!! :)

Not exactly, with anime and characters that are supposed to be the same, but different forms, it's typical of the voice actors to give them a different tone between them to differentiate the two. For instance, in one anime, the main villain of the show is later reincarnated into an old man to atone for his crimes, both are played by the same actor and are still the same character as the latter retains the memories from the former, but you wouldn't easily guess it if you heard them side by side.

So if they share the same voice actor, then despite the tones being different between them, they can still be another case of a "literal split personality" and can merge into one complete form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom