• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, thinking of it, was Volcanion confirmed to be a mythical? Could it be a legendary?

Furthermore, remember how Kalos is the only region without a trio of minor legendaries?

Gen I: bird trio
Gen II: dog trio
Gen III: Regi trio
Gen IV: Lake trio
Gen V: deer trio
Gen VI:?

Could they reveal a trio in Z?

Last edited:
Not exactly, with anime and characters that are supposed to be the same, but different forms, it's typical of the voice actors to give them a different tone between them to differentiate the two. For instance, in one anime, the main villain of the show is later reincarnated into an old man to atone for his crimes, both are played by the same actor and are still the same character as the latter retains the memories from the former, but you wouldn't easily guess it if you heard them side by side.

So if they share the same voice actor, then despite the tones being different between them, they can still be another case of a "literal split personality" and can merge into one complete form.

You mentioned Piccolo/Kami, and you could also add Piccolo/Nail

Both times when they merged, one entity was still the dominant one (Piccolo) while the other wasn't really present in the consciousness. Same with Majin Buu, split into Good Buu and Evil Buu, then remerged in a different form (Super Buu)

This is my idea. A Complete form for when the Blue core is the dominant consciousness and a complete form for when the Red core is the dominant consciousness. Both forms would be complete and both forms would have the red blue elements etc. The secret hidden move would be different though.

Think about the game mechanics, when Kyurem merged its Ivs Evs level and moveset nature were taken from Zygarde, when the 2 cores merged, which set of Ivs, Evs, level nature moveset etc would they use? THere has to be one dominant over the other.

Actually, thinking of it, was Volcanion confirmed to be a mythical? Could it be a legendary?

Furthermore, remember how Kalos is the only region without a trio of minor legendaries?

Gen I: bird trio
Gen II: dog trio
Gen III: Regi trio
Gen IV: Lake trio
Gen V: deer trio
Gen VI:?

Could they reveal a trio in Z?

The only other trio are previous gen trios. As for Volcanion, it is the last pokemon of gen 6 and it comes after the other two mythical which means it is a mythical pokemon itself. I seriously doubt that a Pokemon V game is being made. Although having Volcanion as post game for the next game would be awesome.

You mentioned Piccolo/Kami, and you could also add Piccolo/Nail

Both times when they merged, one entity was still the dominant one (Piccolo) while the other wasn't really present in the consciousness. Same with Majin Buu, split into Good Buu and Evil Buu, then remerged in a different form (Super Buu)

What I was referring to was the fact that Piccolo and Kami split from the same being, and through that had the same voice despite their different personalities. Nail was more akin to Cell absorbing the androids.

Additionally, Innocent Buu and Evil Buu (and Super Buu) share the same voice actor as well.

This is my idea. A Complete form for when the Blue core is the dominant consciousness and a complete form for when the Red core is the dominant consciousness. Both forms would be complete and both forms would have the red blue elements etc. The secret hidden move would be different though.

The thing is though nothing about Complete form favors the Red core, it's evenly both red and blue and nothing points to either being more dominant. Similarly, 50% form has no differentiation in its appearance as the anime portrays both with the same design. So it doesn't seem like those forms will be differentiated, they seem to be the same regardless.

Think about the game mechanics, when Kyurem merged its Ivs Evs level and moveset nature were taken from Zygarde, when the 2 cores merged, which set of Ivs, Evs, level nature moveset etc would they use? THere has to be one dominant over the other.

There doesn't have to be, as it doesn't have to work like Kyurem. Kyurem was one instance and is its own entity with its own concept and ideas, Zygarde already differs a lot from it just going by concept, so it doesn't have to play by the same rules. Theoretically, the way the cores work can be a lot more different then what we got before, and thus you wouldn't have to rely on which one is the base to make the difference (particularly since the Cores themselves don't have typings and thus may not have the stats for the influence to matter).

Last edited:
This isn't like Black and White. The reason why Kyurem got two forms and why we got sequels is because Game Freak couldn't make a third version due to many differences between Black and White. I don't see how people can't be happy about the forms that we have got already. Zygarde shouldn't be getting 5 more forms just because people want it to.
Please just shut up and use sense. If Gray was true probable we had to catch Kyurem, and the N/Player/Reshiram/Zekrom problem would have been resolved by giving N, the two Dragons and if GF wasn't interested in the Original Dragon then the Player would fuse Kyurem with one of the Dragons to overpower N. Gray could have been possible, but GF chose not to do it and instead gave us something new, and B2W2 was great.
EDIT: I just see Complete Zygarde as the final form, but if GF did two games I'm sure the mascots could be 2 possible Zygarde 75% Forms, each one different, and needing to trade the Blue/Red Core to join everything into Optimus Prime.

Last edited:
What I was referring to was the fact that Piccolo and Kami split from the same being, and through that had the same voice despite their different personalities. Nail was more akin to Cell absorbing the androids.

Additionally, Innocent Buu and Evil Buu (and Super Buu) share the same voice actor as well.
Kind of adds all to my point. Piccolo and Kami split from the same being but when they re merged they weren't the same as that original being
The thing is though nothing about Complete form favors the Red core, it's evenly both red and blue and nothing points to either being more dominant. Similarly, 50% form has no differentiation in its appearance as the anime portrays both with the same design. So it doesn't seem like those forms will be differentiated, they seem to be the same regardless.
I actually think the one we have now looks more like a Y if you look in the opening with the long tail and when its snake appendages are raised it's very Y shaped. Similar to how Mewtwo Y and Charizard Y are Y shaped. I'm not saying it has to be really obvious like Kyurem where one was clearly Black the other was White, after all it is both Red and Blue in there so I dont expect either colour to dominate. But it could be possible for the shape to be slightly different. Also the additional form would likely be based on loki who is also humanoid.
There doesn't have to be, as it doesn't have to work like Kyurem. Kyurem was one instance and is its own entity with its own concept and ideas, Zygarde already differs a lot from it just going by concept, so it doesn't have to play by the same rules. Theoretically, the way the cores work can be a lot more different then what we got before, and thus you wouldn't have to rely on which one is the base to make the difference (particularly since the Cores themselves don't have typings and thus may not have the stats for the influence to matter).

Well the game would have to know which Ivs evs, nature, stats to give to the newly merged Zygarde.

Why not both? But I agree overall Primal Volcanion is much more likely, but don't think it rules a new form for Zygarde out either.

Except you know the 2 hidden secret moves, and the missing member of the norse family Zygarde is based on.

Also the anime seems to be trying to distinguish between the blue core and red core, giving them different personalities and even different voices which is something theyve used in the past 2 convey 2 seperate entities, whereas usually when Pokemon are the generic and the same as others they have the same voice.
Who's the missing mythology member?

Kind of adds all to my point. Piccolo and Kami split from the same being but when they re merged they weren't the same as that original being I actually think the one we have now looks more like a Y if you look in the opening with the long tail and when its snake appendages are raised it's very Y shaped. Similar to how Mewtwo Y and Charizard Y are Y shaped. I'm not saying it has to be really obvious like Kyurem where one was clearly Black the other was White, after all it is both Red and Blue in there so I dont expect either colour to dominate. But it could be possible for the shape to be slightly different. Also the additional form would likely be based on loki who is also humanoid.

Well the game would have to know which Ivs evs, nature, stats to give to the newly merged Zygarde.
Charizard Y is just a coincidence, because Charizard X looks exactly the same (well, not really, but you probably get my point). Really everything that has a tail or one leg or legs joined and wings, or arms extended looks like a Y. Complete Zygarde probably looking like a Y is only a coincidence.

Charizard Y is just a coincidence, because Charizard X looks exactly the same (well, not really, but you probably get my point). Really everything that has a tail or one leg or legs joined and wings, or arms extended looks like a Y. Complete Zygarde probably looking like a Y is only a coincidence.

Mewtwo X and Charizard X actually look much more X shaped. Take charizard for instance the much shorter wingspan, and shorter tail, as well as being more boxy. Same with Mega Mewtwo X

Who's the missing mythology member?

Loki.

In Norse mythology there is a family of 4, Fenrir (wolf), Jörmungandr (snake), Hel (Humanoid) and Loki (Humanoid), with Loki being the most senior, like the Dad, Hel being 2nd (counted as a higher god) and then Jörmungandr and Fenrir being lower consider lower gods

This matches with Fenrir being 10%, Jörmungandr being 50% and Hel being Complete, but where is Loki, don't tell me they read mythology got a family of 4 and then thought, actually we'll just use 3.

Please just shut up and use sense. If Gray was true probable we had to catch Kyurem, and the N/Player/Reshiram/Zekrom problem would have been resolved by giving N, the two Dragons and if GF wasn't interested in the Original Dragon then the Player would fuse Kyurem with one of the Dragons to overpower N. Gray could have been possible, but GF chose not to do it and instead gave us something new, and B2W2 was great.
EDIT: I just see Complete Zygarde as the final form, but if GF did two games I'm sure the mascots could be 2 possible Zygarde 75% Forms, each one different, and needing to trade the Blue/Red Core to join everything into Optimus Prime.

If there was two 75% forms and they were mascot then it might make sense. But if Complete Zygarde is the mascot, then only one game could have it as mascot but if by some small chance there was another Complete Zygarde form that is different in form to the one we know then I would believe that.

Last edited:
Mewtwo X and Charizard C actually look much more X shaped. Take charizard for instance the much shorter wingspan, and shorter tail, as well as being more boxy. Same with Mega Mewtwo X
Nah, probably just a coincidence. I just really really want a 25% Form and a 75% Form of Zygarde, if only one 75% Form then it could be based on the other thing of the mythology of Loki.

Nah, probably just a coincidence. I just really really want a 25% Form and a 75% Form of Zygarde, if only one 75% Form then it could be based on the other thing of the mythology of Loki.

Except Loki is seen as equal or even above Hel, so it'd make no sense for Loki to be 75 and Hel to be 100

Except Loki is seen as equal or even above Hel, so it'd make no sense for Loki to be 75 and Hel to be 100
No, I meant another one that someone here mentioned, but not Loki. Now my mind is such a mess I'm not sure anymore...
If there was two 75% forms and they were mascot then it might make sense. But if Complete Zygarde is the mascot, then only one game could have it as mascot but if by some small chance there was another Complete Zygarde form that is different in form to the one we know then I would believe that.
Sorry, just that I am very impulsive and hot blooded and I don't think before I act, but really, you should just stop being so close-minded! I'm sure you're here being the sane person here, but just chillax! You can make crazy theories here, and we don't really know if GF will continue doing patterns anymore, so anything could happen! Let your imagination flow!

Reactions: !Z!
Sorry, just that I am very impulsive and hot blooded and I don't think before I act, but really, you should just stop being so close-minded! I'm sure you're here being the sane person here, but just chillax! You can make crazy theories here, and we don't really know if GF will continue doing patterns anymore, so anything could happen! Let your imagination flow!

I suppose anything is possible after all, two games means more money for Game Freak. I guess one more form wouldn't hurt anybody and Volcanion getting form/mega/primal would be nice. I'll try being open minded and logical when it comes to more forms, two games, etc.

Reactions: !Z!
It isn't completely impossible for Zygarde to have another complete forme. Back when Mega Mewtwo Y was shown, we didn't know it was a version exclusive until a month before XY came out.

I suppose anything is possible after all, two games means more money for Game Freak. I guess one more form wouldn't hurt anybody and Volcanion getting form/mega/primal would be nice. I'll try being open minded and logical when it comes to more forms, two games, etc.
Really, thanks. I'm pretty sure a Mega/Primal Volcanion will come, considering it's the only one of Mythical Trio (duh, the only "Trio" that is mythical) that hasn't yet a boost. And really, while I think Pokémon will end like in Gen XII, a Kalos remake wouldn't be too Farfetch'd (in a long, distant future, like Gen XI, XII) and if Kalos remakes happen, they would boost Xerneas and Yveltal, consequently the need to boost Zygarde to keep the other two in line, I think these forms won't be the last we hear from Zygarde. But really, it wouldn't happen until a long, distant future, so don't worry, Complete Zygarde will still be our favorite Mecha-Bot Dragon. I think that if GF make prequels, the lack of Megas in XY Kalos could be explained that all new Mega Stones were drained, or destroyed, or something, and that because of that catastrophe Mega Evolution became less known to prevent troubles. But really, I hope there are sequels or Z. And I would really like if Z instead of giving you Kanto starters would give you the key to Ash-Greninja (whatever it is in the games) or Kalos Starters Mega Stones, and leave Kanto Starters in the Post-Game.
Thx for understanding.
EDIT: @Swirlix, I see the pun you did there.

Kind of adds all to my point. Piccolo and Kami split from the same being but when they re merged they weren't the same as that original being.

Ignoring the fact that wasn't my point with those characters, you're missing a crucial detail about Piccolo. When he originally split, they looked pretty much identical to each other. Also, when they merged, Piccolo's appearance wasn't changed at all unlike with Zygarde's forms. Zygarde Complete in particular undergoes a complete change when he gets all of the cells, and the process is different since they absorb cells rather then a person for a power-up.

Plus, an issue with your theory that you haven't addressed is the shared forms between them such as 50%.

I actually think the one we have now looks more like a Y if you look in the opening with the long tail and when its snake appendages are raised it's very Y shaped.

That's actually a common pose in media, it means nothing in terms of its actual design considering it still has legs and looks nothing like a Y while standing properly.

Similar to how Mewtwo Y and Charizard Y are Y shaped.

As mentioned before, it's at best coincidence since Charizard X looks nothing like an X.

Also the additional form would likely be based on loki who is also humanoid.

Ignoring my personal feelings on the Norse theory, wouldn't the fact that Loki is supposed to be their father (and thus, 'leader') mean that such a form would be stronger then "Hel's" form.

Which can be handled without playing into which one is dominant, particularly if the story/mechanic is played in a way where it's not necessary.

Here's one for ya, let's play count the Cores! Initially I just thought it was shading, but actually you can see the one 2nd from the right is very clearly orangey/yellow, not red, and the one on the far left, is a sort of violet purple, and they are all hexagon shaped, just like the coloured hexagons on the Zygarde Cores, if the red and blue are in Zygarde complete, where do the purple and yellow ones come from? (Not sure about the white one in the middle, could be one, could not?

2qmj2ig.png

Here's one for ya, let's play count the Cores! Initially I just thought it was shading, but actually you can see the one 2nd from the right is very clearly orangey/yellow, not red, and the one on the far left, is a sort of violet purple, and they are all hexagon shaped, just like the coloured hexagons on the Zygarde Cores, if the red and blue are in Zygarde complete, where do the purple and yellow ones come from? (Not sure about the white one in the middle, could be one, could not?

2qmj2ig.png

Looks like the zigzag on Complete Zygarde's stomach mouth is comprised of five cores, then.

Ignoring the fact that wasn't my point with those characters, you're missing a crucial detail about Piccolo. When he originally split, they looked pretty much identical to each other. Also, when they merged, Piccolo's appearance wasn't changed at all unlike with Zygarde's forms. Zygarde Complete in particular undergoes a complete change when he gets all of the cells, and the process is different since they absorb cells rather then a person for a power-up.

Plus, an issue with your theory that you haven't addressed is the shared forms between them such as 50%.
Well at least I'm contributing and coming up with theories instead of just spending all my time knocking other people's down. Let's here one from you for a change, you realise this is a speculation thread, where the goal is to speculate right? Besides we've not actually seen Punichan reach 50%, in fact in the opening, you only see the top half of the head, whereas the other 2 forms you see in full
That's actually a common pose in media, it means nothing in terms of its actual design considering it still has legs and looks nothing like a Y while standing properly.
Same could be said about Xerneas who only looks X shaped when his legs are split apart, when he's standing normally he doesn't look X shaped.
As mentioned before, it's at best coincidence since Charizard X looks nothing like an X.
In my opinion he does, much more square box shaped, but with the sharp short wings/arms and feet sticking out X shaped.
Ignoring my personal feelings on the Norse theory, wouldn't the fact that Loki is supposed to be their father (and thus, 'leader') mean that such a form would be stronger then "Hel's" form.
Loki is the Dad but it specifically says that "
The order of Zygarde's 10%, 50%, and Complete Forme mirrors how powerful their counterpart is: Fenrir and Jörmungandr being below gods, and Hel or Loki being on equal-footing with the gods.

"
Which can be handled without playing into which one is dominant, particularly if the story/mechanic is played in a way where it's not necessary.

Any suggestions how they do that? They need to determine the Pokemon's data somehow when it's merged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom