• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
idk. i wasn't trying to attack you or anything, i just feel like it's really myopic to be disinterested in a final Kalos game (or really any third version and third version equivalent) because of tiredness. after all, Game Freak's track record shows that despite at best lukewarm reception to each new region when they're introduced, the third versions (and equivalents) always warm people up to them substantially.

i honestly feel like that's more easily said than done. fans are both the most hypercritical and most forgiving in arbitrary circumstances. i don't really think there'd be much of any way to have a 'perfect' first entry in a new generation simply because fans would find things to dislike (regardless of whether the fans are or are not justified in their criticisms).
I didn't take it as an attack, no prob!

And maybe you did not understand: I certainly wouldn't mind an other Kalos game, I am just saying I would like something else better.

Thing is, Kalos is the first region that I don't enjoy as much as usual, personally. I suspect I just find it bland because it's not exotic for me. I live nearby xD I don't hate it or anything. Just that I don't find it adventurous enough, and that's important in a Pokemon game.

But if it's going to be a Kalos based game, fine. I am fine with more Kalos. I was just saying I would like an other region more.

Last edited:
I completely agree with the first part of your comment, but the second part is not true and you know it.

Nobody is going to stop buying the games because of plot inconsistencies and loose ends. People buy the games for the adventure, excitement, exploration, battles, cool designs... Not plot consistency.

I'm not just talking about plot, I'm talking about gameplay related things as well. Like not omitting key gameplay features, skimping on extra content, or holding off on extra forms.

I'm not just talking about plot, I'm talking about gameplay related things as well. Like not omitting key gameplay features, skimping on extra content, or holding off on extra forms.
XY could've been better, but I think people underrate the amount of content XY have.

And yes, they did have an underwhelming number of new Pokemon, but I think we have to start getting used to smaller number of new Pokemon. If they keep adding 100 new Pokemon every generation the Dex completion would become unsustainable very quickly.

Smaller number of new Pokemon is beneficial for the franchise. I definitely wouldn't blame XY for this.

Last edited:
XY could've been better, but I think people underrate the amount of content XY have.

Not really. It's the least amount of content we've had since 3rd gen and ranks among the lowest easily.

And yes, they did have an underwhelming number of new Pokemon, but I think we have to start getting used to smaller number of new Pokemon. If they keep adding 100 new Pokemon every generation the Dex completion would become unsustainable very quickly.

Smaller number of new Pokemon is beneficial for the franchise. I definitely wouldn't blame XY for this.

All that's doing is prolonging the inevitable. The Dex is going to reach that point eventually.

Reactions: !Z!
Not really. It's the least amount of content we've had since 3rd gen and ranks among the lowest easily.

All that's doing is prolonging the inevitable. The Dex is going to reach that point eventually.
- I think you are confusing "challenging content" and content. Not everybody wants challenging games. There is enough content imo.

- Less new Pokemon means having more generations. It's worth it.

Last edited:
@Meta Boss you realise that less new Pokemon just makes new games less interesting and less exciting.

I don't think we have too many Pokemon, and any limit that you deem too much don't you realise cutting the amount in new gens will just delay reaching that number not stop it from reaching that number.

Perhaps we should do a overview?
1. We know that Zygarde has multiple forms ( With only three of them seemingly being usable in battle)
2 Z or Z something as been thumbtacked onto almost everything despite no main game being announced.
3. Ash Greninja is a thing but nil can agree on what it's supposed to be.
4. Zygarde has two unused moves Thouand Waves and Arrows respectively.
5. Volcanion was revealed much earlier than he should've been
6. There's a blue Zygarde core that doesn't see eye to eye with its red counterpart.
7. The national Dex can now be filled in gen 6 thanks to the upcoming events for Pokémon like Mew and Darkrai.
8. TPC is GOING IN this year and with all the support Pokken and GO are getting along with these multiple events
9. The series marketing director teased *Flowers* as playing a big role in the series future.
10. By now it seems C. Zygarde has grown more or less stale to the community so his presence is losing hype as we speak.
11. Corocoro is promising something that will shock the world in the form of a world scoop poster that will leak in about 2 weeks.
That about sums up everything and I have a clue as to what all this means but I'm not sure of my assumptions.

Perhaps we should do a overview?
1. We know that Zygarde has multiple forms ( With only three of them seemingly being usable in battle)
2 Z or Z something as been thumbtacked onto almost everything despite no main game being announced.
3. Ash Greninja is a thing but nil can agree on what it's supposed to be.
4. Zygarde has two unused moves Thouand Waves and Arrows respectively.
5. Volcanion was revealed much earlier than he should've been
6. There's a blue Zygarde core that doesn't see eye to eye with its red counterpart.
7. The national Dex can now be filled in gen 6 thanks to the upcoming events for Pokémon like Mew and Darkrai.
8. TPC is GOING IN this year and with all the support Pokken and GO are getting along with these multiple events
9. The series marketing director teased *Flowers* as playing a big role in the series future.
10. By now it seems C. Zygarde has grown more or less stale to the community so his presence is losing hype as we speak.
11. Corocoro is promising something that will shock the world in the form of a world scoop poster that will leak in about 2 weeks.
That about sums up everything and I have a clue as to what all this means but I'm not sure of my assumptions.

I agree with all of those apart from point 5, I fully expected Volcanion to be revealed in December, indeed it is only 1 month earlier than Hoopa's reveal.

The rest I think is spot on though.

I agree with all of those apart from point 5, I fully expected Volcanion to be revealed in December, indeed it is only 1 month earlier than Hoopa's reveal.

The rest I think is spot on though.
Thanks, I can only make guess what some of these mean but I'm dumbfounded on others.

plot twist: the news that will shake the world turns out to be Pokemon Snap 2 for NX.

Here's another off the wall unlikely idea, in spoilers if you don't care for it:

Recently, rumours about Smash NX have been spreading, and it's believed to be a port of Smash Wii U with 3DS/new content. This got me thinking, and gave me an idea.

Pokemon XY&Z. New paired games, individually known as Pokemon X&Z and Pokemon Y&Z. Or maybe XZ & YZ.

They will be Pokemon X and Y re-releases, not a third version. The story of X/Y is left intact, no Zygarde shoe-horning into Flare's plot required.

However, included in these are all the mega evolutions/forms so far, and more new megas, plus Zygarde's forms as well. Its exclusive moves are learned dependent upon which version you play. We get a wider range of trainer customisation options, as well as a whole new post-game story revolving around the mysteries of Zygarde and how and what its forms do. This is where the player obtains Zygarde. Zinnia returns in this episode as well, and so do parts of Team Flare. Eternal Floette is given to the player by AZ in a post-game episode as well. Possibly edit a few locations (maybe change the Santalune Forest layout), and add a couple of post-game/side areas, and expand the Unknown Dungeon to be more than just a single cave. Also, they could add New 3DS enhancements, like they did for Gen V & the DSi. The boxart, for the first time ever, features not one but two legendaries, with the original mascot along with Complete Zygarde in the background.

It kindof sounds like what a Z version would be, but it's not, and still gives Zygarde to show off its forms in-game.
I realise this is unlikely, but wynaut.

And with post-launch updates now being common among other games (particularly under the Nintendo umbrella, with games like Smash, Splatoon, Hyrule Warriors, MK8, etc getting great post-launch support well after their releases), I think it's gonna be harder for them to get away with that. The ORAS Mega Stone/Compatibility kerfuffle is a perfect example.

Personally I think your mileage may vary with X&Y, but there's generally less going on. If you're along the lines of a serious collector or battler then it can last you for a while with all the technical advancements and online, but for exploring the world, side-quests, or the journey in the campaign, its kind of dry and a step backward from the predecessor. That inconsistency has honestly gotten tiring.

(And actually, even in terms of battling, the XY Meta is less active and no longer relevant...)

plot twist: the news that will shake the world turns out to be Pokemon Snap 2 for NX.

Here's another off the wall unlikely idea, in spoilers if you don't care for it:
Recently, rumours about Smash NX have been spreading, and it's believed to be a port of Smash Wii U with 3DS/new content. This got me thinking, and gave me an idea.

Pokemon XY&Z. New paired games, individually known as Pokemon X&Z and Pokemon Y&Z. Or maybe XZ & YZ.

They will be Pokemon X and Y re-releases, not a third version. The story of X/Y is left intact, no Zygarde shoe-horning into Flare's plot required.

However, included in these are all the mega evolutions/forms so far, and more new megas, plus Zygarde's forms as well. Its exclusive moves are learned dependent upon which version you play. We get a wider range of trainer customisation options, as well as a whole new post-game story revolving around the mysteries of Zygarde and how and what its forms do. This is where the player obtains Zygarde. Zinnia returns in this episode as well, and so do parts of Team Flare. Eternal Floette is given to the player by AZ in a post-game episode as well. Possibly edit a few locations (maybe change the Santalune Forest layout), and add a couple of post-game/side areas, and expand the Unknown Dungeon to be more than just a single cave. Also, they could add New 3DS enhancements, like they did for Gen V & the DSi. The boxart, for the first time ever, features not one but two legendaries, with the original mascot along with Complete Zygarde in the background.

It kindof sounds like what a Z version would be, but it's not, and still gives Zygarde to show off its forms in-game.

1445251790648.gif

The idea of an NX remaster is interesting even if crazy, and I could probably get behind it. Although I think XY's story could use alterations if they do a re-release of any kind.

And I'm still hoping for sequels.

Last edited:

No, not really the lowest, but more in the middle. Still way higher than Gen 1 and 3, but lower than the rest.
Looks like the fanbase forgot, what XY brought to the table. Not only Ami, that could be stated as a better "pokemo walking behind you" thing, but the Megas, E4 and leader rebattles, which is the first time a gen debut pair have both etc. To be honest, Gen 6 introduced the most non-regional content in the series.

@Topic

So what are you guys saying about the mythical pokemon distribution through this year? Could be a hint that Gen 7 isn't coming out this year and instead like every generation in fall -> fall 2017. And I don't think they will release a new gen if there are multiple gen 6 events left.

X and Y remasters with a massive Z post league is something thatnI've considered myself as well. I wonder if they would do it to do something new, or perhapsnsoft reboot gen 6 annd extend it beyond the normal 4 years. Would be cool nonetheless, and explains the radio silence.

As for the above tweets, the movie twitter is just confirming the world hobby fair stage shows and dates. The merch sheet is interesting though. Its more movie 19 products advertising Zygarde Complete. I think if its in the movie, then its existence is being talen for granted, and not a major deal. Whatever is coming has to be big to warrant sucha stance. Also good to see that there is a hidden product, it means at least one thing is being hidden at the least. Obvious stuff, but some solid proof is nice for the naysayers.

X and Y remasters with a massive Z post league is something thatnI've considered myself as well. I wonder if they would do it to do something new, or perhapsnsoft reboot gen 6 annd extend it beyond the normal 4 years. Would be cool nonetheless, and explains the radio silence.

As for the above tweets, the movie twitter is just confirming the world hobby fair stage shows and dates. The merch sheet is interesting though. Its more movie 19 products advertising Zygarde Complete. I think if its in the movie, then its existence is being talen for granted, and not a major deal. Whatever is coming has to be big to warrant sucha stance. Also good to see that there is a hidden product, it means at least one thing is being hidden at the least. Obvious stuff, but some solid proof is nice for the naysayers.
Apparently there's a medal being kept secret as the user was pointing out. I honestly hope it just isn't what I think it is

@Meta Boss you realise that less new Pokemon just makes new games less interesting and less exciting.

I don't think we have too many Pokemon, and any limit that you deem too much don't you realise cutting the amount in new gens will just delay reaching that number not stop it from reaching that number.

I love it when some users act like they've re-discovered America. Thanks for letting me know ;)

Well, of course we will reach that too-high number of Pokémon eventually, but the more we delay it, the more generations of new Pokemon we will have. I prefer that.

I want Pokemon to last as long as possible. And introducing less new Pokemon per generation is going to extend the number of Generations of new mons.

Personally, I wouldn't mind Pokemon to continue making new generations even without introducing new Pokemon in them, if the number goes too high in the future. Introducing new formes can mitigate the need of new Pokemon.

Last edited:
I love it when some users act like they've re-discovered America. Thanks for letting me know ;)

Well, of course we will reach that too-high number of Pokémon eventually, but the more we delay it, the more generations of new Pokemon we will have. I prefer that.

I want Pokemon to last as long as possible. And introducing less new Pokemon per generation is going to extend the number of Generations of new mons.

Personally, I wouldn't mind Pokemon to continue making new generations even without introducing new Pokemon in them, if the number goes too high in the future. Introducing new formes can mitigate the need of new Pokemon.

Eh... I can sort of see why people want to put a limit, but at the same time... Why do we need one? As technology advances, so should the number of Pokemon.

Honestly, my only concern about the number growing is the number of Generations they'd be marketing in one Generation.

Generation 1: 1.
Generation 2: 1 and 2.
Generation 3: 1, 2?, and 3.
Generation 4: 2 and 4. Along with some from Generations 1 and 3.
Generation 5: 5. Along with some from Generations 1, 2, 3?, and 4.
Generation 6: 1, 3, and 6. Along with some from Generations 2, 4, and 5.

Eh... I can sort of see why people want to put a limit, but at the same time... Why do we need one? As technology advances, so should the number of Pokemon.

Honestly, my only concern about the number growing is the number of Generations they'd be marketing in one Generation.

Generation 1: 1.
Generation 2: 1 and 2.
Generation 3: 1, 2?, and 3.
Generation 4: 2 and 4. Along with some from Generations 1 and 3.
Generation 5: 5. Along with some from Generations 1, 2, 3?, and 4.
Generation 6: 1, 3, and 6. Along with some from Generations 2, 4, and 5.
Making the National Pokedex is going to take ages if the number goes sky high.

The only solution I can see in the future would be to only introduce new sets of Pokemon like BW did, and all the fan- favourites. But this would piss off a lot of people. It's only reasonable that GF introduced less Pokemon in XY, and I think they will continue doing that in the future.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom