• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the major gameplay mechanics in the new game is a connection system where if you form a bond with a certain Pokemon, they join your team and you can use them in dungeons (instead of randomly recruiting Pokemon from dungeons). This usually involves completing job requests, but you can also connect with certain Pokemon just by talking to them in the overworld. So occasionally in the cafe you find an Unown Z who wants to "tell you about Z", and when you talk with it (off screen, you don't see any of the conversation) you form a connection with it and can also see connections with Unown X and Y.

Basically, the Unown is having some unknown, in all likelihood probably nonsense, conversation with the player about "Z" and people are taking it as a hint towards a Z announcement. I wouldn't read too much into it, but I do think they're using this event to toy with people.

See one of the posters above made it sound like there was all Unown that do this, but are you saying specific emphasis is given to the Z unown? The link to X and Y sounds interesting.

People say its just a tease and doesn't mean anything, but then Majoras Mask was visibly and boldly on your wall in Link Between Worlds, just before Majoras Mask 3d was released.

Okay guys it's that big month we've all been waiting for where Corocoro reveals that * big scoop poster *. Let's try to guess what it'll be! I'm keeping myself in check and say it'll be yet another Zygarde form along with whatever Volcanion is going to get.

Okay guys it's that big month we've all been waiting for where Corocoro reveals that * big scoop poster *. Let's try to guess what it'll be! I'm keeping myself in check and say it'll be yet another Zygarde form along with whatever Volcanion is going to get.

It is either Eternal Floette, new form of Zygarde or new form of Volcanion that is starring in movie. All we know is that the news is about the movie so I don't expect game related.

Reactions: !Z!
Zygarde & Volcanion fusion? I dunno, that was just an idea that came to my head after someone pointed out the red hexagons.

Reactions: !Z!
Zygarde & Volcanion fusion? I dunno, that was just an idea that came to my head after someone pointed out the red hexagons.

Yeah the legend that protects the ecosystem and the one that blows it up, merged together to take on some new foe, would be cool.

no you don't. you only get a pentagon when you fold a regular, non-truncated, hexagon in half only down the horizontal center. any other direction creates a trapezoid. a truncated hexagon can never make a pentagon.

a few problems overall though, i think:

1)
there really is no such thing as a Northern and Southern France. at best there's the traditional divide between the langue d'oc and langue d'oil provinces which were ultimately assimilated (by the langue d'oil-- essentially proto-French while langue d'oc is closer to the Catalan language) into France from the 13-17th centuries. not to mention that definition doesn't take into account Normandy and Brittany, which weren't really French. anyways, i digress. kind of weird to use (not) real regions to justify a not real place that has used artistic license. a good example would be how we've explored the apparent Poké-equivalent of La Rochelle (Ambrette Town) and Les Cascades du Hérisson (Couriway Town), both of which are located practically on top of Nathaniel Smith's arbitrarily placed line.

2)
i'm not sure how you can justify the 'purple' and orange areas being new regions when they'd simply be extensions of the coastal and mountain Kalos regions-- presuming that big mountain range south of Kalos is either a) equivalent to the forests on the Western side of Unova or b) simply a buffer area for another plains-like area, that is.

3)
i'm not really convinced that it's purple; it doesn't make all that much sense from a design standpoint, given that Perfect Zygarde's left arm has red hexagons to match its red core area whereas it's right arm has blue hexagons to match its......purple core? that doesn't make much sense. maybe it's just my terrible eyesight, but it just looks like a very dark blue (or at best indigo, but that's a very ambiguous color spectrum anyways). if it were to be purple, it leads me to 4) why purple (and orange)? Red and Blue makes sense; they're two colors of the French flag as well as two colors that Game Freak likes to use (a lot). purple and orange? i don't see it. and ultimately, 5), any relation between the red and blue of the cores and the red and blue of Kalos's sub-regions is likely to be purely coincidental (or at best both independent, mutually exclusive nods to both the French flag and Game Freak's love for red and blue).

just my two cents.

I thought the only way to make a pentagon was if you bisect the hexagon from the midpoint of one side to the midpoint of the opposite side

I don't really see Volcanion fusing with Zygarde...but I'm happy to be proved wrong.

Can't tell if you're being sarcastic here, but when you put it that way it doesn't seem likely that they would do this.

I wasn't being sarcastic, I meant what I said it'd be cool. Although I do agree with others it's very unlikely.

My only wish for the (presumably) last games of gen VI is that Kalos gets expanded on. XY laid some impressive groundwork but didn't build a lot of worthwhile content onto it (which really shows in the lacking characterization and near-nonexistant postgame). I liked the way gen V handled the follow-ups, so I'd prefer to see XY2 over Z.

I'm kind of hoping Gamefreak might do a 10 Cloverfield Road and be all 'hey, so here's this thing we've been developing in total secret and it'll be released in 2 months. BOOM BABY.'
I doubt they can pull another emerald, but it would be cool. Hell outside of PSMD, the spinoffs are having a quick reveal to release period.

I'm kind of hoping Gamefreak might do a 10 Cloverfield Road and be all 'hey, so here's this thing we've been developing in total secret and it'll be released in 2 months. BOOM BABY.'
I think such an unexpected release makes sense. For the anniversary. It would be such a huge surprise!

I hope the reveal happens no more than 3 months before the games are out. Two would be even better, but I think three is more realistic.

Because of the prolonged European release of PSMD, I feel fans outside of forums will expect Volcanion to show up in it lol, since we've been waiting so damn long. It's not a big deal that it isn't there or even that it should be, just please, let this be the last time Europe is left in the darkness of Winter by them... and we still don't actually get the game until the 19th lol.

Not a smart idea for a massive seller like a main series Pokemon game. They need relatively long release periods to get the word out and build hype. Pre-release should be at least 4 months, nothing else.

I just got back from GameStop and they would only give me one Mew code even though I own XY and ORAS. IDKW. Cool news about Go though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom