• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So this doesn't really dovetail with any current conversation we are having but a commenter on Pokebeach noted that the 100% form of Zygarde looks like an A--so my guess has become that we will get a Pokemon A and a Pokemon Z game. My theory as to how that would work would be that Zygarde gets its 100% form (which of course already exists) and an enhanced 50% form (which of course does not seem to exist yet).

So this doesn't really dovetail with any current conversation we are having but a commenter on Pokebeach noted that the 100% form of Zygarde looks like an A--so my guess has become that we will get a Pokemon A and a Pokemon Z game. My theory as to how that would work would be that Zygarde gets its 100% form (which of course already exists) and an enhanced 50% form (which of course does not seem to exist yet).

It does a bit, also they changed the dub title of the English debut of XYZ to "From A to Z" which doesn't really make sense. (Then again neither did explosive birth) and the anime has been known to foreshadow a game. "Maybe its gold and silver, or rubys and sapphires, or diamonds and pearls" "some things just aren't so black and white"

Also it's very odd that Core, 10% and 100% all have Red/Blue and Core Colours on whereas 50% in the middle is all green for some reason, so there could be somethhing to your point.

It wasn't just you and Bolt The Cat, I did too. So it makes all three of us got it right. And I think it was so awesome too! Because it would only make sense for it to be called "Magearna", that's why I said "Magiana/Mageana/Magearna" before it was announced.

Anyways, we'll probably have to wait until Pokémon Day for anything else revealed. I really do hope Pokémon 7 will be announced on Pokémon Day (February 27th), it will be really exciting, nonetheless! ^^

I was just about to like your comment then you had to go and spoil it with that :p

I'm gonna be so thrown off by the spelling for Magearna for a while. Anyone else feel the same way after typing it Magiana for about 4 days?

IMO, Zygarde 100% resembles more the letter W turned upside down than letter A.

I guessed pokemon A and Z a very long time.

Yeah, I've mostly been using Serebii and Pokebeach strictly just to stay in the know, and haven't really interacted with the forum here.

Do you have a link to such a post? I'd love to see how much you fleshed the theory out.

I have another idea that Ash-Greninja has sort of thrown for a loop: the Break evolutions from the TCG could be introduced into the games and anime! If they wanted to, they could have Chesnaught receive a Break evolution (because it has such an evolution in the TCG), Delphox receive a Mega Evolution (Delphox-EX is a thing), and have Greninja receive a "Delta Primal Reversion" (think something akin to Rayquaza not needing a stone, though of course Rayquaza is a meteorite-consumer).

I think the Break forms actually fit with the idea of the Azoth kingdom.

Definitely sure its a gen6 Pokemon now, no doubt about it. They say its a new Pokemon, obviously, but that first sentence of the official blurb is telling.

"Meet Magearna, the LATEST mythical for you to discover". Why say latest, unless it belongs in Kalos?

He was involved with Pokemon GO, so I'd imagine he'd be talking about that and how he plans to incorporate it into future games.
Imo I think that this will be Main game related because usually E3 is about console gaming iirc

No, @Mitchman is correct if something is the latest, it means it's part of an existing group, if they had said newest that could be interpreted as being from a new group.
Yeah, it's a part of an existing group of mythical Pokemon, hence the use of the word 'latest'.

The 'Kalos' part is merely wishful thinking at this point.

I want to see Zygarde-100 or M Zygarde-50 have an ability a bit like Mega Rayquaza's--specifically, it would have an ability that introduce a perma-terrain that removes the weaknesses of Ground pokemon. As terrains are otherwise only introduced by moves, the Zygarde ability would effectively prevent the terrain from changing at all.

Xerneas and Yveltal could also get "Reverse" forms: because Xerneas' other form is a tree, and because I don't want it to be Fairy/Grass in any wise, and because Fairy/Ground would allow it to gain from my preferred Zygarde ability, I have decided to wish that Primal Xerneas be Fairy/Poison, which is rather different from how it is now. An Yveltal-Reverse could be Psychic-Flying. It would also reverse the type advantage between Xerneas and Yveltal.

"Reverse" pokemon would be particularly cool if one basically sent them out as their original form (like Pokemon with a Mega Stone), if one triggered their other form (like Pokemon with a Mega Stone), but, upon withdrawing them, they reverted to normal.

Navel Plateau sounds like a perfect in game location name for Volcanion in South Kalos, somewhere in the hypothetical Massif Central inspired mountain range.

And the soul heart could be some sort of Mega Stone

Reactions: !Z!
Latest can also mean "most recent" as well. If I remember correctly, the word "latest" being used in many new stuff before, in which is nothing related to an old group of things. But then again, maybe the Game Freak developers are repeating history with Magearna with what they did with Mew in the very beginning? Mew was the first Pokémon to be made and trademarked, then was the last to be implemented into Red and Green's code. So in other words, if the next games are indeed sixth generation games, they could be implementing Magearna as that last Pokémon that they might have made early in X/Y's development in which was intended to be in X/Y originally.

But I can't get sidetracked, Junichi Masuda could be reading this thread right now and then start thinking "Hahahaha! Platinum Lucario has now got distracted into thinking it's going to be another sixth generation game". But all my thoughts and hopes... are indeed still on a pair of seventh generation games that play in a similar style to G/S/C.

Magiana > Magearna

By the way, I really hope that HeartSoul object has to do with HGSS remakes. XD

Last edited:
Definitely sure its a gen6 Pokemon now, no doubt about it. They say its a new Pokemon, obviously, but that first sentence of the official blurb is telling.

"Meet Magearna, the LATEST mythical for you to discover". Why say latest, unless it belongs in Kalos?

No, @Mitchman is correct if something is the latest, it means it's part of an existing group, if they had said newest that could be interpreted as being from a new group.

Gen 7 believers are almost like bots at this point, popping up on the thread only to try and "dissect" and correctly modify grammar mistakes (for the sake of their undoubted gen 7 belief dignity) that won't even be relevant when it's confirmed this is literally still Gen 6 lol. I'll say it again, what is SO boring in this current generation, for you to believe things that have been getting promotion for the last SIX months, are going to be scrapped and Magearna is our first Gen 7 Pokémon?

This is one of the best things they've EVER done, especially from a business standpoint. If Magearna is indeed still Gen 6 (which is my entire undoubted belief, imo lol), then who cares anyway? Are you going to sulk when/if we get confirmation that it is? It strikes me as odd that people want rushed products, and rushed generations, when we're only in the sixth, of a franchise that has been so successful for the last 20 years. We have TIME, and THEY have options, and we are evidently die-hard fans... So I have a question, if we move to Gen 7 with this, and not continue 6th, what do you propose or expect they do with Ash-Greninja, said Zygarde forms, and all the hints we have (even on the main site, with the "cores" communicating and the "cells" being scattered around said region ect). Where do you expect it to go from there? To be scrapped? Or shoved into a generation we want to be JUST as good as previous one, with it's own central focuses, not stuff from a previous region shoved in, i.e Zygarde forms and potential Kalos 'megas' ?

The phrase doesn't even mean it's a Generation 6 Pokemon though. They said latest because /it is/ the latest Mythical Pokemon.

I'm all for Generation 6/6.5 or 7, but we pretty much still have to wait on which Magearna is as we have no information about which Generation it belongs to.

I've mentioned it in other threads with different sentences, but I almost feel like whether or not it's Gen 6 or 7 is going to be determined by Zygarde more than Magearna. Whether or not we can even put our current definition of a "Generation" is being put into question since we don't know anything about Magearna's distribution. It may end up being that we get some parts of what we define a new Generation, and be missing other parts of that status quo, like a new Generation's worth of Pokémon placed in the Kalos region instead of an entirely new one.

The way I see it, a Generation VII that has connections to Kalos is the most likely candidate for Zygarde's inclusion with its new formes in an entirely new region without modifying the formula too heavily.

The English reveal finally happened! Magearna. I like the name. It now looks less like some vulgarities some had said. ;;

Lately is a just another way of saying "most recent". I'm not making any conclusions yet.

I'll say it again, what is SO boring in this current generation, for you to believe things that have been getting promotion for the last SIX months, are going to be scrapped and Magearna is our first Gen 7 Pokémon?

Well for me at least, its not necessarily about wanting to move on at all (because I do like this Generation despite all my problems with it, and I probably would be happy with a Kalos sequel). Its because we now have this new species in the absence of a "Z" announcement, all the while its supposed content is getting exposure in so many other facets of the franchise. What's the one line from Masuda about "keeping up with the fast nature of modern times", or something like that? I imagine that they wouldn't want to just sit on this big reveal for too long, and unfortunately they already kinda have with Zygarde.

Moreover I really don't like 6.5 w/ brand new Pokemon as an alternative. That just creates more compatibility issues for a Generation that can't be fixed. I don't remember anyone being happy about what they chose to do with the ORAS Mega Stones, and that was just a matter of form additions (its a dumb system, but at least the basic forms for all Pokemon can connect). It'd make XYORAS look all the more incomplete if they still can't communicate properly throughout their Generation, especially since we have the technology to overcome those kinds of problems.

For me its less wanting to move on and more about how feasible it seems now.

Well for me at least, its not necessarily about wanting to move on at all (because I do like this Generation despite all my problems with it, and I probably would be happy with a Kalos sequel). Its because we now have this new species in the absence of a "Z" announcement, all the while its supposed content is getting exposure in so many other facets of the franchise. What's the one line from Masuda about "keeping up with the fast nature of modern times", or something like that? I imagine that they wouldn't want to just sit on this big reveal for too long, and unfortunately they already kinda have with Zygarde.

Moreover I really don't like 6.5 w/ brand new Pokemon as an alternative. That just creates more compatibility issues for a Generation that can't be fixed. I don't remember anyone being happy about what they chose to do with the ORAS Mega Stones, and that was just a matter of form additions (its a dumb system, but at least the basic forms for all Pokemon can connect). It'd make XYORAS look all the more incomplete if they still can't communicate properly throughout their Generation, especially since we have the technology to overcome those kinds of problems.

For me its less wanting to move on and more about how feasible it seems now.

That's understandable. But why the need to make past games of the current generation, forward compatible anymore anyway? When you quoted Masuda saying keeping up with the fast nature of modern times? That could be contradictory because what if by that, he means no more "generational boundaries"?. Even if Gen 6.5 does happen, or it's simply just Magearna, new megas/forms, and the Zygarde forms, why would or SHOULD XYORAS still be relevant and be made to communicate with the potential third instalment? It would have every Pokémon aspect (at least) from those previous games in it anyway.

Games are made to be backwards compatible, not forwards compatible. So why would you even want the potential gen 6.5 Pokémon to be in XYORAS? I have the same argument for megas in ORAS not being playable in XY, I think this was there way of saying "look guys, we can't patch, revamp and re-evaluate, EVERY time we want to add new forms/megas into the mix, whilst keeping it fresh at the same time"...

Imo, it gives this generation more flexibility to do what it wants, than with any previous generation before it.

Edit: People compained about not being able to get both Black & White Kyurem in one single game of B2 or W2. This is a similar situation, people will get over it and realise they will all be in one game eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom