• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So there's room for 2 more games in Gen 6, that's very interesting.

My prediction is either 1 gen1 remake (yellow!?) and Pokemon Z, or we have a repeat of Gen 5 format and sequels and get ZX and ZY

So there's room for 2 more games in Gen 6, that's very interesting.

My prediction is either 1 gen1 remake (yellow!?) and Pokemon Z, or we have a repeat of Gen 5 format and sequels and get ZX and ZY

Z, X2/Y2 or ZX/ZY are likely but Yellow or any gen 1 remake ain't happening. Neither is Sinnoh remakes.

I just had this random thought of them making a 3rd version with Hoopa Unbound as the mascot instead of the expected Zygarde. Ain't happenin, I know... but come to think of it, it would be interesting for them to do something like that with a 'mob that currently holds the 'Mythical' status.

I just had this random thought of them making a 3rd version with Hoopa Unbound as the mascot instead of the expected Zygarde. Ain't happenin, I know... but come to think of it, it would be interesting for them to do something like that with a 'mob that currently holds the 'Mythical' status.

Now that would be an interesting twist. However, I don't see it happening this gen. Or ever really. It wouldn't really make sense to reverse a mythical Pokemon's status before they're even distributed, it defeats the purpose.

Curious question... where are you guys getting the information about coding that says there will be two more games for Gen 6? I'm not trying to sound sarcastic, but is that even legal?

Pretty sure it came from Project Pokemon, the techies who hack the 3DS games. I'm fairly certain it was found before ORAS was announced and was said to have four spaces. Now ORAS is released that leaves two spaces left. It doesn't mean they will use the spaces, but it's a tiny insight into what they had/have planned in a way.
Game Freak also made text data for events on every year till 2018. It's very unlikely this generation will last that long, so it looks like they made more text than will be needed. The same could apply for these supposed six games in Gen VI. Search for example "VGC 2018" in this file.

Well, Gen V games had text data for events until 2020.

About the two remaining slots for games, I don't know. But I think there will be at least one more game for Gen VI. The "incomplete" feel X/Y is too evident. Two slots suggest a pair of games like B2/W2, but I think it's a "just in case" because they weren't sure if they would make a pair or just go back to a "third game". Maybe they aren't sure yet.

I had the same thought when its stats were revealed: they sum 680. Every 650+ legendary so far except Mewtwo and Regigigas has been a game mascot.

Last edited:
Okay, thanks to the reveal of Hoopa Unbound and its portrayal in the movie, I have come to the final conclusion of a June reveal at E3 and through CoroCoro in Japan for the new game. I mentioned Hoopa because I think in June its gonna get another forme, exclusive to the games, with a post league story akin to Deoxys. I don't have the entire speculation fully realized, but I definitely feel that a second Hoopa forme will come along with a game, or at the least DLC for ORAS. I mention DLC causevL I can still see them using it as a method to bridge the current games to the next, but also cause I think that having a whole game put focus on a mythic just after it was offered is too flimsy. I mean, we have to consider the US theatrical release if the film, which would be much closer to a worldwide release in February then Japan.

I don't see any reason or evidence for Hoopa to get a second form to be honest. So you'll have to explain.

The only thing interesting is that Hoopa-Unbound lingers in the BST range of box mascots, as Ziggy mentioned earlier. But that alone doesn't mean much, especially when it's programmed into ORAS and not saved for a new game.

What will Volcanion get in the next game? Diancie got a Mega Evolution and Hoopa gained a new form so surely Volcanion will get something. I suppose an evolution might be possible. It would be an odd move for Game Freak to give an event legend an evolution but it's not out of the question.

Do you think the story from Gen VI will go on from Kalos and Hoenn (ORAS). They connected the ORAS games to X/Y and Kalos and Mega Evolutions PLUS the Delta Episode. I hope Gen VII evolves the story instead of set stories in a gen like FF does. Connecting the stories from Gen VI onward would get me and keep me invested in Pokemons story in a way past games before Gen VI were just one and done stories if they were all connected from Gen VI onward would be awesome even if future remakes the stories are fleshed out more to tie into Kalos and Gen VI onward would be awesome! Also IMO 20th Anniversary coming up cool but I DO NOT WANT R/B REMAKES!

What will Volcanion get in the next game? Diancie got a Mega Evolution and Hoopa gained a new form so surely Volcanion will get something. I suppose an evolution might be possible. It would be an odd move for Game Freak to give an event legend an evolution but it's not out of the question.

Well usually the final event legend has a form change (Deoxys, Arceus, Genesect), in fact, they usually have multiple forms. So if the pattern holds, so should Volcanion. Maybe that's what the locked doors are for.

But Genesect didn't get a form change tho? If you're talking about the drives they aren't really a form change since Genesect's stats, typing, ability etc all remain the same, it only affects one move. I mean it is a form change but not in the way Hoopa, Diancie, Meloetta, Kyurem, the Kami, Shaymin, Giratina and Deoxys all have.

Volcanion looks pretty complete to me anyway. I hope they don't tamper with its design and ruin it. Though maybe it'll become Water/Fire with Flash Fire instead of Fire/Water with Water Absorb :I

Edit: Oh I forgot Keldeo got a (useless) form. Guess the same could happen with Volcanion but it seems pointless imo.

Last edited:
But Genesect didn't get a form change tho? If you're talking about the drives they aren't really a form change since Genesect's stats, typing, ability etc all remain the same, it only affects one move. I mean it is a form change but not in the way Hoopa, Diancie, Meloetta, Kyurem, the Kami, Shaymin, Giratina and Deoxys all have.

As my aunt would say, close enough for government work.

Volcanion looks pretty complete to me anyway. I hope they don't tamper with its design and ruin it. Though maybe it'll become Water/Fire with Flash Fire instead of Fire/Water with Water Absorb :I

It doesn't matter if it's "complete", it's about how they can take the concept further. You could've said some of those Pokemon were already complete, but then they got more forms that added a new twist on the concept. With Volcanion, they could possibly use the concept of different power sources to create new form changes (solar power, geothermal power, etc.).

Oh I forgot Keldeo got a (useless) form. Guess the same could happen with Volcanion but it seems pointless imo.

They should fix that sometime. Resolute Form is too awesome looking to be useless, they should at least give it a new move or ability or something.

Well my opinion doesn't change regardless of changing the word complete. I don't think the concept should be taken further because Volcanion is fine as it is as a concept. At least Diancie and Hoopa are pretty mediocre in battle and their Mega/form improved them, which Volcanion won't need either.

When it's going to be (most likely) sharing a movie with Zygarde and Zygardes forms/Megas, is it really necessary to give it a form on top of all that? It just sounds like overkill in terms of new content - having a new event Pokemon + its new form + the legendary's two new forms all in one movie. I know the Keldeo movie did this, but that doesn't mean I agree with it there either.

I guess I just don't understand why everyone has an obsession with giving legendaries forms. And this is Game Freak, so I'm mostly likely pointlessly against the idea as they'll surely do it anyway.

When it's going to be (most likely) sharing a movie with Zygarde and Zygardes forms/Megas, is it really necessary to give it a form on top of all that? It just sounds like overkill in terms of new content - having a new event Pokemon + its new form + the legendary's two new forms all in one movie. I know the Keldeo movie did this, but that doesn't mean I agree with it there either.

Keldeo isn't the only example of this. Shaymin, Diancie, and Hoopa also do this. It wouldn't be surprising at all.

Keldeo isn't the only example of this. Shaymin, Diancie, and Hoopa also do this. It wouldn't be surprising at all.

I never said it would be surprising. It's overkill and doesn't need to happen.

Also Diancie and Hoopa don't really apply to this specific situation. Diancie was in a movie with Xerneas and Yveltal which were pretty old news by the time that movie came out, same with Hoopa and all these other legendaries. Next year it will be Volcanion (new) + Volcanion form (new) + Zygarde forms (new). That's four new Pokemon taking the spotlight in one movie in comparison to the two in Diance + Hoopa's movies. I question the need.

I never said it would be surprising. It's overkill and doesn't need to happen.

Also Diancie and Hoopa don't really apply to this specific situation. Diancie was in a movie with Xerneas and Yveltal which were pretty old news by the time that movie came out, same with Hoopa and all these other legendaries. Next year it will be Volcanion (new) + Volcanion form (new) + Zygarde forms (new). That's four new Pokemon taking the spotlight in one movie in comparison to the two in Diance + Hoopa's movies. I question the need.

What about Giratina and the Sky warrior? Giratina + Giratina new forme + shaymin (new) + shaymin new forme (new) ?
And yeah the Keldeo movie, (dull as it was) had Kyurem, 2x new Kyurem formes, Keldeo (new), and Keldeos new forme.

I didn't mention the Shaymin movie as not applying because it does apply. Well imo. I thought it would be kinda obvious that if I didn't mention it that I don't disagree with it.

This is all just my opinion anyway. I just don't think they need to give it another form to promote the movie (which is usually a reason why they do it) when two new Zygarde forms/Megas plus Volcanion itself is enough to promote a movie just fine.

If Zygarde does get one or more forms, I would like to see what they come up with as to how it forms. So far we've had special items or being taught a specific move. I'd like it if they came up with something different, although I'm open to the idea of it being taught either Thousand Arrows or Thousand Waves to get a certain form.

Masuda did mention about wanting to surprise players, so I'm betting on a prequel, which has never been done before. A prequel series when AZ was the king, or Zinnia's past could be a good place. Zygarde and Eternal Floette will be explored then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom