• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So ZX ZY, then?

Either way, my problem is that Masuda is grasping too hard to "do things differently" and "not being predictable" while adding to the fuel with the crap he spouts in his interviews (actually trying to justify removing obvious should-be-carried-over-to-future-titles-content and molding the games to the present direction they're in) while failing to even deliver on that. People try to look back so happily to BW2 yet have they forgotten what they tried to sell those games on and how that was handled? Moreover, all the failed follow-through despite being a direct sequel. BW2 was ultimately what BW should've been content-wise. Sorta.

Please note, I am not knocking on anyone who liked BW2. Nor am I implying good or bad game perceptions onto it.

Moreover, it'd be more of a surprise in itself if they stopped forcing a limiter on each title as well as its viable options as a whole. It's plain disrespectful to the games who only are what are made of them. You can't tell a game to become godly on its own and expect it to do so. And this is putting the fickle consumers aside.

As for the ORAS argument, I'm only going to say this... they're remakes, not brand-new games. So with that said, yes, I honestly don't expect remakes to deliver as much as whenever a new Generation of games is introduced. The only time that people will genuinely like the remakes without any complaints is if they are die-hard fans of the originals. I'm speaking from personal experience, because I feel that ORAS did a better job in several areas compared to HG/SS, while most people feel the complete opposite. I feel that way because I'm a much bigger fan of R/S/E than I am of G/S/C. Long story short: whether ORAS was half-assed or not is only a matter of opinion. And that's my story and I'm... stickin' to it.

I'm also in this agreement. However, there was much removed or dumbed down in the originals compared to the remakes (Berry Blendin' Trick Master, making Contests as a whole a fusion with the awful DP contests and taking a way reason for even having different contest houses and locked phrases because people be sensitive/loss of personal freedom in some forms.) and still missed opportunities (Regi storyline, where is it?) that did bug me. But this just falls back into the current model GF wants to run with.

ORAS being as solid as it is despite this model and the known existence of Emerald says a lot about the originals in my eyes. ORAS own little well thought add-on/changes due to all that in mind was also a nice touch. But this last line is neither here nor there.

Last edited:
Please note, I am not knocking on anyone who liked BW2. Nor am I implying good or bad game perceptions onto it.

I'm one of the people who liked B2W2 but I can sort of understand what you're saying, so no offense taken from me.

I don't how if anyone agrees with me but I kind of wish that Masuda would step back for a bit and give someone else a turn at the series. I mean the guy has been majorly involved since Ruby and Sapphire, it would be really nice to see what someone else could bring to the series.

Last edited:
[video=youtube;Y3CuXwih0kk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3CuXwih0kk[/video]
No Pokemon Z confirmed by Junichi Masuda *video above*

We can still get it, it'll just have a different name.

Coming up with new battle formats takes time. Shoving in another Battle Tower doesn't.

Who said they needed to? They could've at least brought back Emerald's.
I always thought the lack of Frontier in ORAS to be rather obvious. They need to keep the Maison in so that it's compatible with XY players, so at best they can't bring back the Battle Tower. And if they bring back the other facilities, people will expect them to be compatible with the final Gen VI game(s). I doubt Game Freak thinks entirely rehashing facilities is a good idea (particularly when the Battle Castle is one of them).

And I agree. I mean, when's the last time we've ever gotten anything from GF we asked for and complained about? They've always seemed to do whatever they want. I don't recall ever getting any actual feedback from GF towards the community.
There were the difficulty modes in B2W2.

I can't imagine that they will just leave Zygarde to rot in ambiguity. Even event Pokemon get some background/lore treatment, even if they're next to impossible to obtain. Arceus, Darkrai, Shaymin, Keldeo... even freaking Meloetta all got some explanation and mythology. Zygarde... it's a snake-thing that lives in a coal mine and "monitors the ecosystem," according to the Pokedex. No other info or references past that, just like Kyurem, Rayquaza, and Giritina in their respective paired games. Whether they'll go back on their word and release a Z or pull a BW2, I don't really care... I just want Zygarde to have a reason to exist.

Oh, I know something that they haven't done before: they could continue on into a new Gen, but they could drag Zygarde's mythos along into it... somehow. Not really sure how that would work, but I see it as a possibility for something "new."

Coming up with new battle formats takes time. Shoving in another Battle Tower doesn't.

Who said they needed to? They could've at least brought back Emerald's.
I always thought the lack of Frontier in ORAS to be rather obvious. They need to keep the Maison in so that it's compatible with XY players, so at best they can't bring back the Battle Tower. And if they bring back the other facilities, people will expect them to be compatible with the final Gen VI game(s). I doubt Game Freak thinks entirely rehashing facilities is a good idea (particularly when the Battle Castle is one of them).

And I agree. I mean, when's the last time we've ever gotten anything from GF we asked for and complained about? They've always seemed to do whatever they want. I don't recall ever getting any actual feedback from GF towards the community.
There were the difficulty modes in B2W2.

But in Gen 4, they had the Battle Frontier in HG/SS AND Platinum, despite of not having it in Diamond and Pearl. So it HAS been done...

A curiosity question, because somebody may remember it better than I do. But did anybody across the board(meaning CoroCoro, Famitsu, Nintendo Direct, ect) come out and say "hey, we have upcoming game news" shortly before we got that very first teaser showcasing Xerneas and Yveltal? Because I want to say I distinctly remember not getting any heads up about it.

Except as you said, nothing stopped them from using the Maison and just having the Frontier built around it/separately like how the PWT was built away from the Subway. The two aren't mutually exclusive, there were ways to have both if they really wanted to keep that compatibility for the former (which in other ways, they didn't even bother as much such as with the new Megas/Primals).

Also, considering that HGSS ported over the Battle Frontier from Platinum, I don't think they mind reusing content if they feel it adds something. Having the Battle Frontier in both games I don't think many fans would complain about, especially if they do change around the content within it to keep it somewhat fresh.

LMAO that's the same interview from October we've been freaked out about for months. It doesn't confirm anything. In fact, Masuda's wording can be open to multiple interpretations.

LMAO that's the same interview from October we've been freaked out about for months. It doesn't confirm anything. In fact, Masuda's wording can be open to multiple interpretations.
The case for a single version was already pretty much debunked anyways, since Zygarde has two potential moves, which implies dual-versions. I doubt we'll ever get another single version ever again, and is probably why we got remakes of both Ruby and Sapphire instead of just Emerald.

A curiosity question, because somebody may remember it better than I do. But did anybody across the board(meaning CoroCoro, Famitsu, Nintendo Direct, ect) come out and say "hey, we have upcoming game news" shortly before we got that very first teaser showcasing Xerneas and Yveltal? Because I want to say I distinctly remember not getting any heads up about it.

There was a lot of build up to XY's announcement, actually. First, they sent out a teaser around Christmas 2012 saying that "Pokemon will be evolving in 2013". Then they promised big news on January 8, and later on they revealed that there would be a Nintendo Direct that day. Probably the most hyped up game reveal thus far.

ORAS' was pretty much out of nowhere though IIRC (I remember being utterly shocked to see the games show up on Serebii the day they were announced), I don't think they gave any hints towards it.

Except as you said, nothing stopped them from using the Maison and just having the Frontier built around it/separately like how the PWT was built away from the Subway. The two aren't mutually exclusive, there were ways to have both if they really wanted to keep that compatibility for the former (which in other ways, they didn't even bother as much such as with the new Megas/Primals).

Also, considering that HGSS ported over the Battle Frontier from Platinum, I don't think they mind reusing content if they feel it adds something. Having the Battle Frontier in both games I don't think many fans would complain about, especially if they do change around the content within it to keep it somewhat fresh.

They dont even need to change the Frontier. I was happy with it as it was in Emerald. Honestly, the BF from Emerald is the most enjoyable (excluding online playing) in- game content in any Pokemon game, for me. And the one that entertained me the longest. That´s why its disappointing not having it in ORAS.

People are saying it´s not in ORAS, cause it was an Emerald feature and not a R/S feature, but it´s not like they are gonna make a new Hoenn remake soon... So this was there only chance to include the BF in the gen 3 remake. Like they included it in HG/SS, although it was not in the originals...

Last edited:
But in Gen 4, they had the Battle Frontier in HG/SS AND Platinum, despite of not having it in Diamond and Pearl. So it HAS been done...
HGSS came out after Platinum. The team making the remakes didn't have to come up with anything more than a place to stick the Frontier. With ORAS released before the third version/sequels this time around, the remake team would need to work with the third version/sequels team to make the Frontier for both sets of games, potentially delaying ORAS.

The Sinnoh/Johto Frontier was entirely new, sans the Battle Tower. Remaking the Hoenn Frontier wouldn't make it new. If they made anything new, like I said above, they'd need to work with the other team, possibly delaying the games.

The Sinnoh/Johto Frontier was entirely new, sans the Battle Tower. Remaking the Hoenn Frontier wouldn't make it new. If they made anything new, like I said above, they'd need to work with the other team, possibly delaying the games.

Why does it have to be new? It's a remake, not a new game, I don't think it really would've bothered anyone to have it updated as such.

Plus, whatever new game is coming out seems to be pushed towards next year anyway, so it's not like it's being delayed rather heavily regardless.

Why does it have to be new? It's a remake, not a new game, I don't think it really would've bothered anyone to have it updated as such.

Plus, whatever new game is coming out seems to be pushed towards next year anyway, so it's not like it's being delayed rather heavily regardless.
Any new facilities would be expected to be put in the third version/sequels, hence the team cooperation. And ORAS is the one that they didn't want to be delayed; they wanted those holiday sales.

The case for a single version was already pretty much debunked anyways, since Zygarde has two potential moves, which implies dual-versions. I doubt we'll ever get another single version ever again, and is probably why we got remakes of both Ruby and Sapphire instead of just Emerald.

Excpet AFAIK, no feature form Emerald appeared in ORAS, it is purely a RS remake

I can't imagine that they will just leave Zygarde to rot in ambiguity. Even event Pokemon get some background/lore treatment, even if they're next to impossible to obtain. Arceus, Darkrai, Shaymin, Keldeo... even freaking Meloetta all got some explanation and mythology. Zygarde... it's a snake-thing that lives in a coal mine and "monitors the ecosystem," according to the Pokedex. No other info or references past that, just like Kyurem, Rayquaza, and Giritina in their respective paired games. Whether they'll go back on their word and release a Z or pull a BW2, I don't really care... I just want Zygarde to have a reason to exist.

Oh, I know something that they haven't done before: they could continue on into a new Gen, but they could drag Zygarde's mythos along into it... somehow. Not really sure how that would work, but I see it as a possibility for something "new."

There is a little precedent, The Birds didn't get any backstory until Lugia (and 2000) and the Regis didn't have much lore until Regigigas was revealed (the closest they had was the riddles).

Betting on either of the four

1. XY sequels
2. XY prequels with AZ and Zinnia
3. Anime special adaptation - Episode Alain
4. Nothing

It implies its getting two moves. LOL Nothing else. And I doubt we'll never see a third version ever again, it's been their standard for almost 20 years, they're not going to mess with a productive formula when they were going to do the same for B2W2 (the only reason we didn't get Gray, according to GF themselves, was because of that key system crap that everyone hated). As for Emerald being in OR/AS, they put it into the Delta Episode, which is more than they did for Yellow and Crystal in their remakes.

It implies its getting two moves. LOL Nothing else. And I doubt we'll never see a third version ever again, it's been their standard for almost 20 years, they're not going to mess with a productive formula when they were going to do the same for B2W2 (the only reason we didn't get Gray, according to GF themselves, was because of that key system crap that everyone hated). As for Emerald being in OR/AS, they put it into the Delta Episode, which is more than they did for Yellow and Crystal in their remakes.

Except two moves implies two new forms which in turn implies two separate games. It's easier and more profitable for them to split the third version into a dual release, it's fairly minimal work for them to earn almost double the profits. For that reason, I don't think we're going to see single releases again, even if they go back to third versions I still think they'd rather split it up into two games instead of simply having one.

I think they'd have to be hilariously out of touch to go back to 3rd Versions after they set the bar higher with sequels, and in a time where DLC exists for basically the same purpose. I hope Platinum was the last we see of that. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom