• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it hinted that Lysandre is granted immortality and THEN buried alive in X? I can't believe I'm asking this, because I played X myself. But anyways, if he is technically still alive in at least one of the games, I wonder if that would have any effect on either sequels or a 3rd version.

Pokemon x2y2 or z could happen and the only reason I do think this is Mega Pokemon. I think Mega Pokemon will serve as a huge incentive to not only make remakes and third versions and sequels, but also to sell them.
I also hope they do either a sequel or third version because I want more out of Kalos. I feel that this time around they could explain more about Kalos; what led up to Lysandre's "people suck" mentality, the war, AZ, the horror story, anything really. Just please have a slightly stronger story. It'd also be nice for Geosenge Town to not have a crater. And I made a team for the next installment.

Each and every generation except for 5 and 6 debuted Pokémon YEARS in advance. It's not too soon for Gen. 7 Pokémon.

But when have they ever debuted a species of Pokémon of the next generation before debuting all of the ones for the current one? I don't know for sure any time they've done that (and I can't think of any reason why they would do that). After Hoopa there's still one species of Pokémon left in this gen.

I don't think it's a stretch to say those eyes belong to Hoopa Unbound.

Each and every generation except for 5 and 6 debuted Pokémon YEARS in advance. It's not too soon for Gen. 7 Pokémon.

But when have they ever debuted a species of Pokémon of the next generation before debuting all of the ones for the current one? I don't know for sure any time they've done that (and I can't think of any reason why they would do that). After Hoopa there's still one species of Pokémon left in this gen.

Togepi of Johto debuted in episode 50 of the anime, long before the Kanto Pokémon were finished being debuted. Lickitung, Magmar, Wartortle, Dewgong, Seaking, Arcanine, Mewtwo, Mr. Mime, Doduo and Wigglytuff are just SOME of the Pokémon that debuted after, with Mew itself debuting in the main anime as late as the Sinnoh saga.

Kecleon of Hoenn debuted in episode 205, long before Johto was done. Ampharos, Corsola, Chinchou, Mantine, Octillery, Qwilfish, Kingdra, Lanturn, Pupitar and Lugia all debuted immediately after it, with Togetic being the last generation 2 Pokémon to debut in the Hoenn saga when Misty's evolved. (Or when Porygon2 debuted in the beginning of the Kyurem movie.)

Munchlax of Sinnoh debuted in the 7th movie, which aired two days after the 85th episode of the Hoenn anime, where there were still plenty of Hoenn Pokémon to debut, as well as Sinnoh since Chatot, Buizel, Bonsly, Lucario and Manaphy all debuted long before the Hoenn saga was complete. Armaldo, Lunatone, Grumpig, Clamperl, Luvdisc, Huntail, Gorebyss, Kyogre, Groudon and Lileep all debuted afterwards. Jirachi is the last Hoenn Pokémon to debut outside of movies, as it debuted in the Decolore Arc of the anime, almost at Kalos.

Zoroark of Unova debuted much, much later in the 13th movie, which aired few days after the 183rd episode of the Sinnoh saga, near its end. Mega Mewtwo Y of Kalos would soon follow suit, debuting at the end of an era.

One main way I'm seeing how long Generation VI lasts is by seeing how long this current anime saga lasts, and seeing how fast Ash gets badges in Kalos......

Togepi of Johto debuted in episode 50 of the anime, long before the Kanto Pokémon were finished being debuted. Lickitung, Magmar, Wartortle, Dewgong, Seaking, Arcanine, Mewtwo, Mr. Mime, Doduo and Wigglytuff are just SOME of the Pokémon that debuted after, with Mew itself debuting in the main anime as late as the Sinnoh saga.

Kecleon of Hoenn debuted in episode 205, long before Johto was done. Ampharos, Corsola, Chinchou, Mantine, Octillery, Qwilfish, Kingdra, Lanturn, Pupitar and Lugia all debuted immediately after it, with Togetic being the last generation 2 Pokémon to debut in the Hoenn saga when Misty's evolved. (Or when Porygon2 debuted in the beginning of the Kyurem movie.)

Munchlax of Sinnoh debuted in the 7th movie, which aired two days after the 85th episode of the Hoenn anime, where there were still plenty of Hoenn Pokémon to debut, as well as Sinnoh since Chatot, Buizel, Bonsly, Lucario and Manaphy all debuted long before the Hoenn saga was complete. Armaldo, Lunatone, Grumpig, Clamperl, Luvdisc, Huntail, Gorebyss, Kyogre, Groudon and Lileep all debuted afterwards. Jirachi is the last Hoenn Pokémon to debut outside of movies, as it debuted in the Decolore Arc of the anime, almost at Kalos.

Zoroark of Unova debuted much, much later in the 13th movie, which aired few days after the 183rd episode of the Sinnoh saga, near its end. Mega Mewtwo Y of Kalos would soon follow suit, debuting at the end of an era.

I guess I should've rephrased that- when has the series as a whole (including the games without hacking, the official site, the anime, official guide books, etc.) revealed a Pokémon species of the next generation before revealing all of them (as in name and full body image) from the current generation? They didn't have to be seen in the anime yet. For example, Mewtwo and Arcanine were revealed in the 1st gen games without hacking.

Basically, the Pokémon species in question are ones like Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect.

All of the species of 4th gen Pokémon were officially revealed (including Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus) before Zoroark and Zorua of the 5th generation were. All of the species of 5th gen Pokémon were revealed (including Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect) before Sylveon and Mega Mewtwo Y were.

I was looking at old Serebii.net updates and Deoxys was officially revealed in March 2004 (and every other Pokémon from that generation already were revealed). Munchlax, of the next generation, was revealed in May 2004 (although I think there was a time before that were it was only revealed as a shadow, but I don't know when the shadow debuted).

I think Celebi was revealed before any 3rd gen Pokémon were hinted at, and I think Mew was revealed before 2nd gen Pokémon were hinted at.

So I don't see them revealing a 7th gen Pokémon before revealing Volcanion.

Last edited:
I can see thinking there will be a Pokemon Z because of Serena's new design, but saying the eyes in the poster are Zygarde and that means there will be a Pokemon Z is a bit of a stretch.

Roar, like Claps of Thunder (she is Sushi)

Name of the post: On Serena's Outfit.
"Serena’s outfit was carefully selected after asking a lot of staff members for their opinion, I was told. Since they were mainly consultng female staff members I was asked too, and I immediately stressed that, ‘Skirt and knee-high socks are a must!’"
- Akemi Omode, scriptwriter

In other words, Omode has confirmed that the new design of Serena has nothing to do with Pokemon Z, Pokemon X2/Y2 and similar probable games happening in kalos.

Also, Zygarde is basically confirmed to not appear in the next movie.
Amazon.co.jp: ジガルデ: おもちゃ

And there's merchandise for the Sinnoh Trio, Lugia, Kyurem (Black and White) and arceus.
Exampel fo Arceus
Amazon.co.jp: ポケモン アルセウス: おもちゃ

Merchandise with intended release of 25th April.

Also, I'm sure that never an upcoming generation Pokemon has been revealed to the public before a current gen Pokemon has been revealed.

Edit: What's really interesting is the Pokemon that are in the movie
Gen I: None
Gen II: Lugia
Gen III: Latios, (P) Kyogre, (P) Groudon and (M) Rayquaza
Gen IV: Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Arceus.
Gen V: Kyurem
Gen VI: Hoopa.

Don't you notice that the other event legendary is a 4th Gen Pokemon.

Last edited:
One main way I'm seeing how long Generation VI lasts is by seeing how long this current anime saga lasts, and seeing how fast Ash gets badges in Kalos......

I guess I should've rephrased that- when has the series as a whole (including the games without hacking, the official site, the anime, official guide books, etc.) revealed a Pokémon species of the next generation before revealing all of them (as in name and full body image) from the current generation? They didn't have to be seen in the anime yet. For example, Mewtwo and Arcanine were revealed in the 1st gen games without hacking.

It really doesn't matter since Generation 5 and 6 both debuted their first Pokémon at the end of their sagas, unlike the previous three Generations. A new pattern that will be followed up with in #7 , most likely.

Kanto only had Mew, Johto only had Celebi and Hoenn only had Jirachi and Deoxys. It wouldn't take too long to reveal the only event Pokémon, then move on to the next Generation.

And you can only corroborate how fast a Game generation is in regards to its anime in hindsight. The anime itself gives us no hints as to what is coming in like 30 episodes.

It really doesn't matter since Generation 5 and 6 both debuted their first Pokémon at the end of their sagas, unlike the previous three Generations. A new pattern that will be followed up with in #7 , most likely.

Kanto only had Mew, Johto only had Celebi and Hoenn only had Jirachi and Deoxys. It wouldn't take too long to reveal the only event Pokémon, then move on to the next Generation.

And you can only corroborate how fast a Game generation is in regards to its anime in hindsight. The anime itself gives us no hints as to what is coming in like 30 episodes.

Makes sense. They probably don't want to spoil that the next gen is coming years in advance.

Makes sense. They probably don't want to spoil that the next gen is coming years in advance.

-_- The sarcasm wasn't needed. I was already stating the obvious.

-_- The sarcasm wasn't needed. I was already stating the obvious.

I wasn't being sarcastic.

If there aren't Kanto remakes and/or a Z version, Gen VII's probably coming out next year.

If there aren't Kanto remakes and/or a Z version, Gen VII's probably coming out next year.

I really hope that Game Freak doesn't abandon Gen. Vi and leave it as it is now. That would make me worried for the future of the franchise. There's just too much stuff that hasn't been answered. If they only move on because people were not expecting them to leave Kalos unfinished, then that's just poor reasoning on their part. We want a finished experience, not a half-assed attempt in order to be like mobile games!

Here's one for ya: what if we get a singular game, but it is NOT considered a 3rd/re-hashed version of X/Y? If not a 3rd version, then what could this singular game be about? I'll let you guys decide.

Here's one for ya: what if we get a singular game, but it is NOT considered a 3rd/re-hashed version of X/Y? If not a 3rd version, then what could this singular game be about? I'll let you guys decide.
I guess that would be a Kanto remake, but GF likes dual-versions too much for that. An Emerald remake is out of the possibility, since OR/AS already gave Rayquaza a role in the Delta Episode.

I don't understand why people think there is a kanto remake, it is not going to happen. In X/Y you can get the starters, legendaries, Lapras, Snorelax and many other kanto pokemon. Also with OR/As, you can complete the national dex with the four current games. Zygarde is the one that need the game(s), so it either gonna be Z or X2 and Y2 and despite wanting a game for Rayquaza myself, I know it's unlikely to happen. And by the way people, Delta Episode is not Delta Emerald in any way, it just has Delta in the name but it does not represent Emerald or contain anything related to Emerald. I am sick of people saying that Delta Episode is Delta Emerald, it is not. Anyway the next installment has to be a Kalos game as I mention that Zygarde needs a game to give it a power boost.

Okay, so I made a comment over a month ago about an idea for the future of Gen. Vi that went ignored. I figure that since it was over a month ago, it would be safe to reiterate my idea without sounding like an attention hog. So how about this:

What if we get the Battle Frontier and the Strange Souvenir regions as paid apps compatible with both XY and ORAS? It would kind of be like how the ORAS Demo interacted with ORAS, with transferable Pokémon and items, expect with a two-way transfer functionality.

It would not only increase the sales of both sets of Gen. VI games, but it would solve the problems people might have with DLC as well. Game freak gets to feel like they games they put out are complete at sale-time, and we get the bonus features that we want. Everyone wins!

What if we get the Battle Frontier and the Strange Souvenir regions as paid apps compatible with both XY and ORAS? It would kind of be like how the ORAS Demo interacted with ORAS, with transferable Pokémon and items, expect with a two-way transfer functionality.
The Strange Souvenir region is material for a new generation; it isn't a Sevii-like area as evidenced by the mention of a regional Champion. A southern Kalos area would make more sense, especially if Volcanion were involved.

It would not only increase the sales of both sets of Gen. VI games, but it would solve the problems people might have with DLC as well. Game freak gets to feel like they games they put out are complete at sale-time, and we get the bonus features that we want. Everyone wins!
It would be DLC in anything but name, but if an app is what it takes to make Masuda feel happy, so be it.

Alexander said:
Zygarde is the one that need the game(s)
Zygarde is a single Pokémon. It doesn't warrant a game just for itself.

Zygarde is a single Pokémon. It doesn't warrant a game just for itself.

Even though I agree that we may not be getting a 3rd version this Gen, but can I ask why? That's almost like saying Giratina and Kyruem shouldn't have warranted their respective games. Zygarde is obviously part of a Trio that includes Xerneas and Yveltal, so I don't see what the problem is with you when it comes to the subject of Zygarde. Mewtwo doesn't exactly warrant its own game either, and it even has less of a lore to explore than Zygarde.

Even though I agree that we may not be getting a 3rd version this Gen, but can I ask why? That's almost like saying Giratina and Kyruem shouldn't have warranted their respective games. Zygarde is obviously part of a Trio that includes Xerneas and Yveltal, so I don't see what the problem is with you when it comes to the subject of Zygarde. Mewtwo doesn't exactly warrant its own game either, and it even has less of a lore to explore than Zygarde.
I'm not even talking about its lore, even though I disagree about its potential. Alexander's point is that all Pokémon are available and thus there is no reason to revisit Kanto in this generation, but that goes for Kalos, too. These circumstances didn't exist in past generations.

I don't understand why people think there is a kanto remake, it is not going to happen. In X/Y you can get the starters, legendaries, Lapras, Snorelax and many other kanto pokemon. Also with OR/As, you can complete the national dex with the four current games. Zygarde is the one that need the game(s), so it either gonna be Z or X2 and Y2 and despite wanting a game for Rayquaza myself, I know it's unlikely to happen. And by the way people, Delta Episode is not Delta Emerald in any way, it just has Delta in the name but it does not represent Emerald or contain anything related to Emerald. I am sick of people saying that Delta Episode is Delta Emerald, it is not. Anyway the next installment has to be a Kalos game as I mention that Zygarde needs a game to give it a power boost.

Thank you for your insight and revelations, Masuda-san.

By the same logic of being able to capture all Pokémon meaning we won't get more remakes this generation, what makes you think we'll get another Kalos game, dear? Zygarde is not an event legendary, it's catchable in every copy of X and Y, which count as "its games", as well as every Kalos Pokémon minus the event trio. Nothing hints at another game, Kalos or otherwise.

Rayquaza being the focus, Wallace being offered the Champion title by Steven, you actually fighting Wallace with his Emerald Champion team in front of Sky Pillar, and his dialogue beforehand directly referencing Juan. All Emerald elements. The only thing missing is the Sootopolis cutscene of Quaza breaking up Grou and Kyo, which I'm sure is what you're complaining about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom