• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So here's a thing: Was Rayquaza evolving through the use of a move and not a stone a test of the mechanic for Zygarde's Mega Evolutions? Zygarde has two unreleased moves, will they be what it needs to Mega Evolve instead of a stone? I'm guessing you'll only be allowed one of the moves at a time if this is this case.
If that's the case, I wonder if that might be the twist of the last gen 6 game. If there is one. Hypothetically, it would be interesting to have a 3rd game that's also a sequel. Think B2W2, but with two plot lines. Basically, the choices you make in game expand the story leading to a climax where Zygarde either gains Mega-X or Mega-Y. The post game then would focus on the other move and a plot centralized around it. So yeah, perhaps a branching storyline is waiting for us?

That would be a pretty awesome way to do Z, but honestly I'd rather it just go as DLC to XY where the move depends on the version. Then Volcanion could be released as DLC to ORAS connected with Hoopa somehow maybe (2 rounds of DLC for ORAS maybe? Say 10 bucks each?)
The idea of a new game I'd have to buy really bugs me, but I can't say I wouldn't buy it, but it'd be nice to see them take advantage of the DLC ability and really ramp up these games instead of just tossing out a new one for us to have to get.

While I'm against the idea of DLC-exclusive content for Zygarde, I just thought of something. Since you can already catch him in-game, the only way for the content to work is that you would have to catch it before obtaining the extra content.

But in all honesty, I would rather like for them to release a game or pair of games that are an improvement from X/Y, like how Platinum was to Diamond and Pearl. While a DLC may be sufficient enough for focusing on a singular Legendary, I don't think it would be sufficient enough to cover both Zygarde AND all of the X/Y fixes that could be dealt with.

With Zygarde, i waltzed in there and unceremoniously captured him. With the first ball i threw. He wasn't that hard to catch. There was no story hints. No build up. Nothing to suggest this pokemon is important. He just popped into existance in the same way Moltres did... and disappeared into my poke ball with the same grace that Moltres did. Actually, he was easier than Moltres.
And I caught my shiny Palkia--Pearl's legendary mascot--in the very first Dusk Ball I threw. It was barely a battle. One hit of a False Swipe and BAM! He was caught. Make of that as you will. But the fact that Zygarde has two unreleased moves is pretty darned telling to me.

I'm not sure why so many people think Zygarde will be featured in DLC instead of its own game, because the only DLC stuff that's ever been done as far as plot goes involved event legendaries, and Zygarde's not an event legendary. I could see DLC plot regarding Hoopa-Unbound in OR/AS, though.

On a slightly unrelated note, I wonder what Zygarde's Mega Evolution(s) will be like? It's safe to assume it (or they) will (both) have a BST of 700, and would be able to hold items like Mega Rayquaza if the move thing turns out to be true. I think the Zygarde Mega able to learns Thousand Arrows would be exclusive to whichever version has Yveltal, just so the player could smack it with Zygarde's signature move.

700 BST and Aura Break are pretty much locks for it. It might change typing, but I don't know how likely I consider it. Probably an incredibly small chance.

Aura Break is interesting though. Xerneas beats (current) Zygarde even with Aura Break active (nothing really stopping Xerneas just clicking Geomancy -> Moonblast) so I'd like to see what Zygarde would be like with another 100 BST added and potentially a type change to even the odds. The advantage Xerneas has over both Zygarde and Yveltal is too extreme - Yveltal makes sense in a way, but it having a stranglehold over Zygarde in battle is a step too far. Mega Zygarde(s) might be one of the few things capable of taking on Xerneas if one or both of them aren't part Dragon, due to Aura Break crippling its STAB. But dropping the Dragon seems really unlikely. It's scary how overpowered Xerneas is.

What really interests me, however, is what kind of design Zygarde's Mega(s) would have, since we have no way of knowing.

I've seen a few fan ideas floating about and all I can say is... ick. I hope Game Freak has something better in store. Zygarde itself looks pretty complete to me, though maybe that's just my lack of imagination showing. It's already a very regal-looking, majestic, sci-fi cobra, and I'm not sure where it can go design-wise other than becoming more of the same but bigger and fancier and whatnot. Hopefully it doesn't gain arms and legs but it probably will :/

In case someone doesn't know yet, there's a theory which supports the idea that Zygarde might be designed to have an actual battle during storyline with Xerneas or Yveltal. It's speculated that Ability of Mega Zygarde form(s) would reverse type matchups, like Inverse Battle. It could be true, given that current Zygarde's Ability is already about reversing effects and also the fact that Inverse Battle house is right next to Zygarde's location could also have some connection. If Zygarde reversed type matchups, it would get one super effective STAB against Xerneas and one against Yveltal.

How could it be done in story? Perhaps after plot of XY, the four remaining Flare scientists would desperately try to complete what their leader was aiming to do (sort of like Courtney or Matt), by awakening the remaining legendary and manipulating its energy which would create an disarray in ecosystem. This radiating energy could alert Zygarde. Using the ultimate weapon IMO wouldn't give Zygarde such warning because it's all or nothing - there's no real disarray in ecosystem before using it. The story could be written in such way that player would end up catching Zygarde and fight Xerneas/Yveltal with it. I'm not sure though if that would be separate set of games or (free) DLC. If it's the latter, then this episode could just ignore if player caught Zygarde before and create another one during the plot. Kinda like Soaring ignores if Lati@s is traded away.

No, DLC is just terrible. Not everyone would have access to it and Zygarde's new form/mega evolutions should be in a new game. Hoopa and Volcanion are likely wifi events.
If it's free DLC, then everyone who lives in country not supported by eShop could easily access it by changing their country setting. I know it seems to make more sense to earn money on Zygarde game(s), but maybe this time they will choose to give free content (perhaps named Z Episode or something like that) because they released two sets of games already with all non event Pokemon available, the reason why people speculated there might be no more separate games in this gen.

In case someone doesn't know yet, there's a theory which supports the idea that Zygarde might be designed to have an actual battle during storyline with Xerneas or Yveltal. It's speculated that Ability of Mega Zygarde form(s) would reverse type matchups, like Inverse Battle. It could be true, given that current Zygarde's Ability is already about reversing effects and also the fact that Inverse Battle house is right next to Zygarde's location could also have some connection. If Zygarde reversed type matchups, it would get one super effective STAB against Xerneas and one against Yveltal.

That's an interesting idea. However Thousand Arrows being able to hit (and bring down iirc) Flying-types seems to promote Zygarde having an edge over Yveltal without the need of inverting type match-ups (or changing types, like I suggested, which most probably isn't going to happen).

However, it falls flat with Xerneas again; with Thousand Waves, Xerneas has no reason to switch out, so Thousand Waves effect doesn't seem to have a negative effect on Xerneas in the same way Arrows does Yveltal. Unless they decide to change the move's effect by the time Zygarde's game comes out. But it's a distinctly X-axis effect to stop escape, which fits Xerneas being on the ground. While Thousand Arrows is very Y-axis in it hitting Flying types in the air, which fits Yveltal. Unless the moves are only for a story purpose, such as: Zygarde appears, Xerneas tries to run away and Zygarde fires its Thousand Waves and traps it. With Arrows doing the same if Yveltal tries to escape as it grounds Flying-types.

Actually thinking about it, maybe if it has two Megas they will have two different abilities? Thousand Arrows can keep Aura Break, since it can still beat Yveltal with its Ground move that hits Flying types and really doesn't need Inverse to win. While the other Mega gains this Inverse ability so it can trap Xerneas with Thousand Waves + beat it thanks to changing the type match-ups.

That's an interesting idea. However Thousand Arrows being able to hit (and bring down iirc) Flying-types seems to promote Zygarde having an edge over Yveltal without the need of inverting type match-ups (or changing types, like I suggested, which most probably isn't going to happen).

However, it falls flat with Xerneas again; with Thousand Waves, Xerneas has no reason to switch out, so Thousand Waves effect doesn't seem to have a negative effect on Xerneas in the same way Arrows does Yveltal. Unless they decide to change the move's effect by the time Zygarde's game comes out. But it's a distinctly X-axis effect to stop escape, which fits Xerneas being on the ground. While Thousand Arrows is very Y-axis in it hitting Flying types in the air, which fits Yveltal. Unless the moves are only for a story purpose, such as: Zygarde appears, Xerneas tries to run away and Zygarde fires its Thousand Waves and traps it. With Arrows doing the same if Yveltal tries to escape as it grounds Flying-types.

Actually thinking about it, maybe if it has two Megas they will have two different abilities? Thousand Arrows can keep Aura Break, since it can still beat Yveltal with its Ground move that hits Flying types and really doesn't need Inverse to win. While the other Mega gains this Inverse ability so it can trap Xerneas with Thousand Waves + beat it thanks to changing the type match-ups.

No matter if Zygarde has or hasn't Inverse, Thousand Arrows would still hit and knock Yveltal down to ground. But with Inverse there is also super effective damage, so it seems to be better option. I guess that Y axis thing of trying to strike Yveltal in the air would have more prominence as visuals in cutscene before battle. I would give Inverse to both Megas, to give super effective damage for both story battles against Xerneas or Yveltal.

No matter if Zygarde has or hasn't Inverse, Thousand Arrows would still hit and knock Yveltal down to ground. But with Inverse there is also super effective damage, so it seems to be better option.

Yes but what I was saying is that it doesn't need Inverse to beat Yveltal. It could do that just fine with a decent stat allocation, Aura Break and Thousand Arrows. (Does Thousand Arrows remove Flying-typing entirely? If it does then it loses STAB Oblivion Wing and all its Dark attack are 30% weaker due to Aura Break).

It's never going to beat Xerneas without Inverse coming into effect (or a type change to Steel or Poison, or extremely awkward allocated stats to stop +2 Moonblasts doing massive damage or Thousand Waves gaining some extreme buff).

I don't see the point in doling out an ability that doesn't exist yet to both forms when only one would realistically need it (from a story point of view, of course both Zygarde will be able to fight either Xerneas/Yveltal in actual battles), especially when it replaces its signature ability. And its signature ability doesn't even come into effect right now because Zygarde is so weak that both can just beat it in its current state. So creating Aura Break was entirely pointless if it's just removed from both its Megas altogether, because it's never going to be used as regular Zygarde to take on both Xerneas and Yveltal.

Edit: Also Inverse completely makes Thousand Arrows effect pointless and unnecessary. Because in Inverse Ground moves would be super effective against Flying anyway, so why bother creating a move that hits Flying types only to give it an ability that makes Ground moves super effective on Flying types? You might as well just use Earthquake.

Yes but what I was saying is that it doesn't need Inverse to beat Yveltal. It could do that just fine with a decent stat allocation, Aura Break and Thousand Arrows. (Does Thousand Arrows remove Flying-typing entirely? If it does then it loses STAB Oblivion Wing and all its Dark attack are 30% weaker due to Aura Break).

It's never going to beat Xerneas without Inverse coming into effect (or a type change to Steel or Poison, or extremely awkward allocated stats to stop +2 Moonblasts doing massive damage or Thousand Waves gaining some extreme buff).

I don't see the point in doling out an ability that doesn't exist yet to both forms when only one would realistically need it (from a story point of view, of course both Zygarde will be able to fight either Xerneas/Yveltal in actual battles), especially when it replaces its signature ability. And its signature ability doesn't even come into effect right now because Zygarde is so weak that both can just beat it in its current state. So creating Aura Break was entirely pointless if it's just removed from both its Megas altogether, because it's never going to be used as regular Zygarde to take on both Xerneas and Yveltal.

Edit: Also Inverse completely makes Thousand Arrows effect pointless and unnecessary. Because in Inverse Ground moves would be super effective against Flying anyway, so why bother creating a move that hits Flying types only to give it an ability that makes Ground moves super effective on Flying types? You might as well just use Earthquake.

Ground moves still don't affect Levitate or Air Balloon in Inverse effect. However Thousand Arrows affects Pokemon with those, so even with Inverse ability, Arrows still would have some use. It's true that Inverse is not realistically needed for Zygarde to beat Yveltal, but from story point of view it looks perfect when two Zygarde's STABs that has no effect against Xereas or Yveltal are turned into two super effective STABs. It's up to Game Freak if they want to make the situation more fitting into story or practical battling.

A new Pokemon game idea

So far, a new Pokemon game has been released every year, so based on the pattern we should be getting a new one. So, my guess is it will be a remake of the Sinnoh region. For those who played the Hoenn region on the gameboy and then saw the animations of the storyline in ORAS, I wonder how awesome it will be to see a Giratina drag Cyruss to his lair with new animation. Also in B2W2, Ghetsis gave us the orbs for the Sinnog deities, but wasn't there to personally greet us. So, maybe if this remake is happening, we can expect to see Ghetsis somehow, even if it's in the afterstory, the Ghetsis questions can be at ease.
Another anticipation is Kanto, which I think most nolstalgic people who played it already will hate. I'm pretty sure Kanto had remakes(Firered, LeafGreen), but it might be somewhat nice playing in the Kanto again without having to worry about the internal battery completely depleting. And, we all probably know that they might stop releasing a Pokemon game every year because of the huge lack in new Pokemon in XY, so after the next one(or two), they might just completely stop.

These are just what I think will happen, but my first Pokemon game was Diamond, so I'd love to play a newly revamped version of it(Ghetsis?).
So, does this seem a bit "Farfetch'd"?

Re: A new Pokemon game idea

My first game was Diamond so I would love a remake but not now. I would guess from the current pattern is that we get Z.
Then in 2016 we get a new generation of games on NX which isn't compatible with Ds
2017-Remake of Pokemon Yellow
2018- Remake of Diamond and pearl
2019-3rd game of new generation
A bit early for April fools.

Last edited:

I'm guessing something more like this:

2016- Some kind of followup to XY
2018- 7th gen
2019- Sinnoh remakes

First of, the ain't gonna be a Kanto or sinnoh remake cause Kanto already got remade and is in HGSS while Sinnoh games can be played on the 3DS. Second, it is likely to be either a follow up game to X/Y which involves Zygarde as the mascot or the 7th gen gets released. We already got remakes this gen, we don't need anymore at the momentand after that appalling state of ORAS, I don't really want any more remakes to happen at all.

First of, the ain't gonna be a Kanto or sinnoh remake cause Kanto already got remade and is in HGSS while Sinnoh games can be played on the 3DS. Second, it is likely to be either a follow up game to X/Y which involves Zygarde as the mascot or the 7th gen gets released. We already got remakes this gen, we don't need anymore at the momentand after that appalling state of ORAS, I don't really want any more remakes to happen at all.

Well Kanto itself may not be outdated, but FRLG sure is, which is reason enough for another one. FRLG is an entirely different experience from HGSS.

Nah, I expect the next game will just be something Kalos-ey. Then, a new Generation. If we do Kanto again, I may just skip it entirely, unless it looks to have some major revisions.

EDIT: Or if it includes the Sevii Islands. I'm bored to death of Kanto, but I love the Sevii Islands.

And, we all probably know that they might stop releasing a Pokemon game every year because of the huge lack in new Pokemon in XY, so after the next one(or two), they might just completely stop.

That's quite a conclusion to jump to.

Last edited:

For some reason, this is completely my opinion, but I could see them doing a new region based on Germany.

I dont live in Germany or anything, but I can see it as a possibility, no Reason to back it up though.

I learnt from the whole Black 2 and White 2 thing not to guess what Game Freak is going to do with Pokemon next. It's anyone's guess.

Nah, I expect the next game will just be something Kalos-ey. Then, a new Generation. If we do Kanto again, I may just skip it entirely, unless it looks to have some major revisions.

And, we all probably know that they might stop releasing a Pokemon game every year because of the huge lack in new Pokemon in XY, so after the next one(or two), they might just completely stop.

That's quite a conclusion to jump to.

I understand it is a big conclusion to jump too. But, I thought that because normally there is 150 Pokemon in a new region, while in XY there wasn't in 80. They're running out of ideas, but that's probable because most people took the cool looking designs, so they can't use them in a realy game(for copying).

I broguht up Sinnoh being re-made because so far, every region has either had a remade version or a followup(looking at B2W2). Sinnoh hasn't gotten either. And near the end of B2W2, Ghetsis told the shadow triad to give the player the orbs belonging to Dialga, Palkia and Giratina(Sinnoh). So, my thought was that Ghetsis may be seen in this (hopefully) remade version of Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. But, that's just my theory(and hopes) in a future game.

I understand it is a big conclusion to jump too. But, I thought that because normally there is 150 Pokemon in a new region, while in XY there wasn't in 80. They're running out of ideas, but that's probable because most people took the cool looking designs, so they can't use them in a realy game(for copying).

I broguht up Sinnoh being re-made because so far, every region has either had a remade version or a followup(looking at B2W2). Sinnoh hasn't gotten either. And near the end of B2W2, Ghetsis told the shadow triad to give the player the orbs belonging to Dialga, Palkia and Giratina(Sinnoh). So, my thought was that Ghetsis may be seen in this (hopefully) remade version of Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. But, that's just my theory(and hopes) in a future game.
Gen IV and Gen VI both have limited rosters but Gen V introduced a ton of new Pokémon, so I'm doubting that GF is running out of ideas yet. Even numbered Gens have seemingly gotten a bit shafted when it comes to new 'Mon, with resources going to improving older critters.

And I think it's a hair too early to think Sinnoh remakes: we can send most Sinnoh Pokes to Kalos via Transporter and Bank. I'm thinking that Diamond and Pearl reduxes might be a Gen or so down the road.

I'm not saying Sinnoh won't happen, I just think it's a bit too soon.

They're running out of ideas

Or they're giving us less new Pokemon so we don't hit 1000+ mons so quickly.

It's pretty obvious that it's in their interests to not introduce huge amounts of Pokemon every gen, because it means they can drag the franchise out longer and make more money in the long run (there is going to become a point where too many Pokemon actually means too many Pokemon). Just because they aren't throwing new Pokemon at us in ridiculous numbers doesn't mean they are running out of ideas.

And as I've said in other threads, Mega Pokemon themselves are basically new Pokemon but don't increase the Pokedex number which somewhat reaffirms this theory. They can add Megas as substitutes for evolutions while keeping the interest in new "evolutions" and concepts for each line. And if you combine the Megas with the new Pokemon we hit a fairly good amount of new Pokemon/forms.

They're taking it easy because they don't want to hit massive numbers so soon and have the franchise burn itself out imo. And come on, there's loads of ideas they haven't done yet, how can they possibly be running out of ideas....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom