• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are people so convinced that there is a Kanto remake? We have HGSS to travel to Kanto, go buy Firered/leafgreen if you miss kanto so much but it is 99% certain there ain't gonna be a Kanto remake in this generation or the next. Same applies to sinnoh, Unova, Johto and so forth. Kanto has the worst story along with Johto as the villans don't interact with legendary pokemon. I prefer stories with legendary pokemon in the plot and I don't care if others are tired of it, I like it and I want it to keep going. Kanto is done, finished and not coming back. I rest my case.

Last edited:
Why are people so convinced that there is a Kanto remake? We have HGSS to travel to Kanto, go buy Firered/leafgreen if you miss kanto so much but it is 99% certain there ain't gonna be a Kanto remake in this gen or the next. Same applies to sinnoh, Unova, Johto and so forth. Kanto has the worst story along with Johto as the villans don't interact with legendary pokemon. I prefer stories with legendary pokemon in the plot and I don't care if others are tired of it, I like it and I want it to keep going. Kanto is done, finished and not coming back. I rest my case.

You forgot to add Kanto to your signature.

Edit: Excellent. Now you don't have to remind us by posting it every page.

Last edited:
Pokemon Shuffle uses external data for new levels. In case you download those levels and then delete/remove extra data, the game won't load until you redownload/reinsert extra data.

In main series games, we don't know everything what Game Freak could put in program of their games. They could either make that game won't load until you redownload/reinsert DLC or if they wanted to keep games playable after losing DLC, they could program the games to spawn player in fixed location, like player's house or Secret Base, in case player saved in location exclusive to DLC. New items like new Mega Stones could disappear from games after removing DLC and then return to bag if DLC is reinserted, assuming it wasn't deleted.

FRLG and HGSS ended up in having the same amount of Pokemon formes available comparing to RSE and Platinum. The only exception is spiky-eared Pichu which is just a gimmick with slightly altered performance in Pokeathlon, the trait that matters only in HGSS. So perhaps at some point of this generation, Game Freak will use DLC to make Kalos and Hoenn games have equal amount of formes, especially Megas. I guess cosplay Pikachu could be another exception though, because it's another gimmick form for Hoenn Contests, so it would end up with similar treatment like spiky-eared Pichu being gimmick exclusive to remakes of its generation.

Making Kalos and Hoenn games having the same amount of formes could also mean merging Rating Battles Leagues into one, after Battle Season ends. ORAS split League into two, DLC could merge into one again.

You're not a programmer, you've never looked into the coding of X/Y/OR/AS. If you were a programmer and have looked into the coding of the games, you'd know very well that the games were not designed for DLC in the first place or to hide items that are downloaded. Where as Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Pokémon Shuffle were already designed to use DLC and to host downloadable characters and to hide things that are downloaded.

I'm not going to argue with you. But I know a lot about how games operate because I've looked into the coding of games before. Especially a Pokémon Omega Ruby ROM, which is already possible.

Anyways, back onto the topic. I'm pretty sure Junichi Masuda is already thinking "Hm... everyone's speculating Pokémon Z or Pokémon X2 and Y2. *laughs* We're going to do something completely different, which is a whole new generation with a new region to start in and the Kalos region as a post-game region."

In the end, all I really want to see is an expansion of Hoopa's powers, and a plot that utilizes multiple universes.

Pokemon Shuffle uses external data for new levels. In case you download those levels and then delete/remove extra data, the game won't load until you redownload/reinsert extra data.

In main series games, we don't know everything what Game Freak could put in program of their games. They could either make that game won't load until you redownload/reinsert DLC or if they wanted to keep games playable after losing DLC, they could program the games to spawn player in fixed location, like player's house or Secret Base, in case player saved in location exclusive to DLC. New items like new Mega Stones could disappear from games after removing DLC and then return to bag if DLC is reinserted, assuming it wasn't deleted.

FRLG and HGSS ended up in having the same amount of Pokemon formes available comparing to RSE and Platinum. The only exception is spiky-eared Pichu which is just a gimmick with slightly altered performance in Pokeathlon, the trait that matters only in HGSS. So perhaps at some point of this generation, Game Freak will use DLC to make Kalos and Hoenn games have equal amount of formes, especially Megas. I guess cosplay Pikachu could be another exception though, because it's another gimmick form for Hoenn Contests, so it would end up with similar treatment like spiky-eared Pichu being gimmick exclusive to remakes of its generation.

Making Kalos and Hoenn games having the same amount of formes could also mean merging Rating Battles Leagues into one, after Battle Season ends. ORAS split League into two, DLC could merge into one again.

You're not a programmer, you've never looked into the coding of X/Y/OR/AS. If you were a programmer and have looked into the coding of the games, you'd know very well that the games were not designed for DLC in the first place or to hide items that are downloaded. Where as Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Pokémon Shuffle were already designed to use DLC and to host downloadable characters and to hide things that are downloaded.

I'm not going to argue with you. But I know a lot about how games operate because I've looked into the coding of games before. Especially a Pokémon Omega Ruby ROM, which is already possible.
I'm not a programmer but I know how main series worked with new content before. In Gen IV, data for special Balls exclusive to HGSS doesn't exist in DPP. Pokemon caught in those special Balls will appear in normal PokeBall when traded to DPP but will regain their special Ball when traded back to HGSS. How is that possible? Because Game Freak left empty placeholder space in DPP which was destined to store the info that Pokemon was caught in special Ball. They prepared DPP for future HGSS content in this way. Also, this placeholder space didn't spoil GS remakes because it contained nothing.

DLC could also use placeholder space in similar way. This space would be empty right now, so it doesn't spoil DLC. Also like I said before, those Holo Caster news must use similar placeholder space because the info which news were read is stored in save.

Why are people so convinced that there is a Kanto remake? We have HGSS to travel to Kanto, go buy Firered/leafgreen if you miss kanto so much but it is 99% certain there ain't gonna be a Kanto remake in this generation or the next. Same applies to sinnoh, Unova, Johto and so forth. Kanto has the worst story along with Johto as the villans don't interact with legendary pokemon. I prefer stories with legendary pokemon in the plot and I don't care if others are tired of it, I like it and I want it to keep going. Kanto is done, finished and not coming back. I rest my case.

Because of the franchise 20th anniversary and how nostalgia can bring some easy money to the company.

I don't see why everyone is so obsessed with "remakes" of Pokemon X/Y. Even if they were doing remakes of X/Y, they wouldn't make it right after it was released. So far, every region has had a remake, except for Sinnoh. So, Sinnoh is already a guarantee, and they might remake Kanto just because the remake of it are on a out-dated system, so they would just be updating the tech.

Pokemon Z will never happen. Just because a Pokemon(Zygarde) has 2 unreleased moves, doesn't mean it will get a new forme. Not saying it can't ever get one, but don't assume it will.

The reason why I think there will be Sinnoh remakes though is: AT the end of BW, Ghetsis gives you the Adamant, Lustrous, and Griseous Orbs. Looker was washed onto the shore of the Battle resort in ORAS, likely because of the main story encounter from Dialga/Palkia. The the new release of Primal evolution, likely the creation trio(Dialga, Palkia) will obtain a primal evolution since they are the masters of Time and Space. CYrus(Team Galactic leader) said he will return, maybe now he will come back yet again to wreak havoc.

I sure hope they release Peanut Butter Yellow and Grape Jelly Platinum just for the sake of it. Ingenious trolling at its finest.

Nobody is saying that Sinnoh remakes will happen in this current Generation, we're saying that they may happen eventually in the future. Do I hope it happens then? Yes, I think the concept of Mega-Evolution would be fantastic for its particular storyline. But if it doesn't? Oh well, life moves on. As for right now, like what somebody has brought up earlier, I would like for them to start gravitating the next plot towards the existence of multiple universes. This is because of the massive can of worms that the Delta Episode just opened up.

I don't see why everyone is so obsessed with "remakes" of Pokemon X/Y. Even if they were doing remakes of X/Y, they wouldn't make it right after it was released.

No one is talking about remakes for XY though? They are talking about a third version/sequels in the same way that Gold and Silver got Crystal, Ruby and Sapphire got Emerald, Diamond and Pearl got Platinum and Black and White got Black 2 and White 2. No one is discussing Z as a "remake" of XY, they are as a third version (or sequel for ZX/ZY/whatever).

So far, every region has had a remake, except for Sinnoh.

Uh, Unova hasn't either - of course Sinnoh is in line before Unova, but that doesn't change the fact that Sinnoh isn't the only one. It comes across that you really like Sinnoh (I'll take a guess it was your first game), but don't play favourites when it comes to facts.

Pokemon Z will never happen. Just because a Pokemon(Zygarde) has 2 unreleased moves, doesn't mean it will get a new forme. Not saying it can't ever get one, but don't assume it will.

Don't turn into Alexander - speaking in definites about things you don't even know - please. Zygarde has a bunch of stuff that adds up to it getting a new form (not just the two moves alone) and as I sad ages ago, they haven't even brought Zygarde into the advertising spotlight/acknowledged it yet. So don't write it off until that happens.

No one is talking about remakes for XY though? They are talking about a third version/sequels in the same way that Gold and Silver got Crystal, Ruby and Sapphire got Emerald, Diamond and Pearl got Platinum and Black and White got Black 2 and White 2. No one is discussing Z as a "remake" of XY, they are as a third version (or sequel for ZX/ZY/whatever).

So far, every region has had a remake, except for Sinnoh.

Uh, Unova hasn't either - of course Sinnoh is in line before Unova, but that doesn't change the fact that Sinnoh isn't the only one. It comes across that you really like Sinnoh (I'll take a guess it was your first game), but don't play favourites when it comes to facts.

Don't turn into Alexander - speaking in definites about things you don't even know - please. Zygarde has a bunch of stuff that adds up to it getting a new form (not just the two moves alone) and as I sad ages ago, they haven't even brought Zygarde into the advertising spotlight/acknowledged it yet. So don't write it off until that happens.

I never said that "Z" is a remake. But because of how man people think on here, I should have said "Every region except for Sinnoh has had a remake/sequel. But looking up the definition, B2W2 is technically a remake of BW since it's different

Also, I never said Zygarde will never get a new form, I'm saying that people need to stop thinking that a Pokemon with unreleased moves will always get one.

I never said that "Z" is a remake.

Then I'm even more confused by your post, because no one was talking about XY remakes?

B2W2 is technically a remake of BW since it's different

They were sequels. I'd say third versions are more like remakes than sequels, if anything, to be honest.

Also, I never said Zygarde will never get a new form, I'm saying that people need to stop thinking that a Pokemon with unreleased moves will always get one.

It's more the fact that Kyurem was in a same situation (two hidden moves, lower BST compared to the rest of the trio, shoved to the side with no real plot) as Zygarde and combined with everything we know about Zygarde (Pokedex entry mentions it revealing a secret power) it all adds up. It's not solely because of the two moves why people are saying/thinking it will get a form. And I suppose that since Gen IV every third member of the trio (Giratina and Kyurem, and Mega Rayquaza at a real stretch) has been given a new form/s, makes it even more likely they'll do it with Zygarde, as it would just be uncharacteristic of Game Freak not to add new forms, as they seem to do it a lot these days.

I don't see why everyone is so obsessed with "remakes" of Pokemon X/Y. Even if they were doing remakes of X/Y, they wouldn't make it right after it was released. So far, every region has had a remake, except for Sinnoh. So, Sinnoh is already a guarantee, and they might remake Kanto just because the remake of it are on a out-dated system, so they would just be updating the tech.

Nobody is thinking that there will be XY remakes.

Z or X2Y2 in some form could easily happen. Emerald, Platinum, and B2W2 all did. Zeb already went over all of the other reasons there are for thinking that Zygarde will get an upgrade.

The reason why I think there will be Sinnoh remakes though is: AT the end of BW, Ghetsis gives you the Adamant, Lustrous, and Griseous Orbs. Looker was washed onto the shore of the Battle resort in ORAS, likely because of the main story encounter from Dialga/Palkia. The the new release of Primal evolution, likely the creation trio(Dialga, Palkia) will obtain a primal evolution since they are the masters of Time and Space. CYrus(Team Galactic leader) said he will return, maybe now he will come back yet again to wreak havoc.

Wat

Ghetsis giving you the Orbs was just an excuse to give you access to the Orbs for gameplay purposes, not the seed for the plot of a game six years down the line and set in another universe. If not, then what about in B2W2, the direct sequels to BW, when the Orbs have magically relocated to Dragonspiral Tower?

The events of RSE/ORAS, chronologically, happen three years before the events of DPP, and given that Looker was never anywhere near the main story encounter with Giratina (Looker didn't even exist in DP; and on the other hand, he makes it to the post-game of Platinum and then to the post-game of BW for crying out loud), this theory makes no sense.

And I suppose that since Gen IV every third member of the trio (Giratina and Kyurem, and Mega Rayquaza at a real stretch) has been given a new form/s, makes it even more likely they'll do it with Zygarde, as it would just be uncharacteristic of Game Freak not to add new forms, as they seem to do it a lot these days.

And hell, now they started putting new forms (technically Mega Evolutions, but same idea) in remakes, so it would make even less sense now for Zygarde to not have a new form.

Z or X2Y2 is more likely to happen out of the ridiculous speculation that seems to be going on here. Zygarde should get a new form/mega/primal as it has 600 bst while Xerneas and Yveltal has 680. It has two hidden moves, Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves which seems similar to Land's Wrath. So after we get the next installment for Kalos, Gen 7 would be next. Gen 6 has remakes already, it has only room for two more games and they not wasting it on another pair of unnecessary remakes.

Z or X2Y2 is more likely to happen out of the ridiculous speculation that seems to be going on here. Zygarde should get a new form/mega/primal as it has 600 bst while Xerneas and Yveltal has 680. It has two hidden moves, Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves which seems similar to Land's Wrath. So after we get the next installment for Kalos, Gen 7 would be next. Gen 6 has remakes already, it has only room for two more games and they not wasting it on another pair of unnecessary remakes.

I would like Gen VII to happen in a new console, though. With the New 3DS they have basically extended the 3DS life time for a couple more years so Game Freak has time to make a few more games, remakes, third versions, sequels, prequels or new IPs could be included.

Sorry I don't get it.
I know that Zygarde is likely to have 2 primals or form, but I think with Oras and XY having all Pokemon available, the sixth generation is over. IMO, the only games that could be considered as sixth gen now would be Kanto Sequels (not remakes because many elements from 1G are on XY, so it would be useless) with a new plot (about megaevolution), a neoneoteam rocket, and many returning characters, for 20th anniversary. New gym leaders, new elite four, Lance as Champion with Mega Dragonite, a proper facility for Kanto located in the building in Vermilion City, new cities. As for returning characters, I'm sure they would bring characters from the 6GEN, like Oak, Red , Giovanni, Eusine, N, Colorless.

If not, I'm pretty sure next year would be 7th (Or gen 6.5 from a certain point of view)'s debut.

Last edited:
Or, coming this fall they may decide to make an announcement that they're completely done with Pokemon. Pack yo bags folks, ORAS are the final main series games, it's been nice knowin' ya.

.... I'm kidding. Belated April Fools joke. Hey, it's been the only thing that has NOT been suggested in this thread. Which means anything is possible at this point.

I know not what the future of this gen will look like however, I would like to see Kalos get some proper exposure after Kanto (and Lucario) hi-jacked any chance the land and it's Pokemon had to really shine within its (own idea of a) narrative. A ZX & ZY would be amusing. I also just want Masuda to actually wish he put his foot in his mouth when bringing up the "region exclusives" bit. A new Kalos game would mean his crew would have to amp up the customization options which were laughable the last time around due to Trainer Customization (an example of the idea of France and beauty as he claims) is, in his words, a "Kalos exclusive".

I'm not touching that Strange Souvenir talks. Esp. when looking back to similar items in the past but I'm all aboard the "anything but a Kanto remake" train.

Z or X2Y2 in some form could easily happen. Emerald, Platinum, and B2W2 all did. Zeb already went over all of the other reasons there are for thinking that Zygarde will get an upgrade.

Wat

Ghetsis giving you the Orbs was just an excuse to give you access to the Orbs for gameplay purposes, not the seed for the plot of a game six years down the line and set in another universe. If not, then what about in B2W2, the direct sequels to BW, when the Orbs have magically relocated to Dragonspiral Tower?

The events of RSE/ORAS, chronologically, happen three years before the events of DPP, and given that Looker was never anywhere near the main story encounter with Giratina (Looker didn't even exist in DP; and on the other hand, he makes it to the post-game of Platinum and then to the post-game of BW for crying out loud), this theory makes no sense.

If you go to page 67 on this thread, you will find at least 1 person who said it, and there are likely more people in the previous pages as well. So, some people actually do think that there might be a remake/squeal to XY.

Like I said before, I'm not saying Zygarde won't get form of some type. And with that evidence he mentioned, there's still a chance. But I never said originally that he won't ever get one.

I think the orbs have some plot because, on the GB/GBA(can't remember which, was Kanto I think?), a girl at the entrance of a tunnel "wanted a pink Pokemon with floral patterns". In Unova we know this as 'Munna'. I guess it's hard to see also, but the girl looked like she was holding those fortune-teller crystal ball(not saying it is, but it looks like one).
I know that Looker was introduced in Platinum, but you should know that you can encounter both Dialga and Palkia in Platinum(I guess I should stated it).

Last edited:

Wat

If you go to page 67 on this thread, you will find at least 1 person who said it, and there are likely more people in the previous pages as well. So, some people actually do think that there might be a remake/squeal to XY.

Like I said before, I'm not saying Zygarde won't get form of some type. And with that evidence he mentioned, there's still a chance. But I never said originally that he won't ever get one.

I think the orbs have some plot because, on the GB/GBA(can't remember which, was Kanto I think?), a girl at the entrance of a tunnel "wanted a pink Pokemon with floral patterns". In Unova we know this as 'Munna'. I guess it's hard to see also, but the girl looked like she was holding those fortune-teller crystal ball(not saying it is, but it looks like one).
I know that Looker was introduced in Platinum, but you should know that you can encounter both Dialga and Palkia in Platinum(I guess I should stated it).

Why would Sinnoh remakes be released this generation? There's nothing pointing to it really. I feel like Sinnoh remakes are a few years down the road or the very least for the next generation. I just cant see it happening so soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom