• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well its either Kalos or gen 7 games. Those are likely to happen, any other games (Kanto/Sinnoh remakes) are 99% not gonna happen. Zygarde with a mega form would make it the stronger of the three game play legendaries.

Sinnoh is in fact getting remakes. Just not this generation.

Well its either Kalos or gen 7 games. Those are likely to happen, any other games (Kanto/Sinnoh remakes) are 99% not gonna happen. Zygarde with a mega form would make it the stronger of the three game play legendaries.

You don't know that anymore than he knows we aren't. Nothing is definite at this point.

Is DLC not going to happen? As far as I can tell, that's the best solution to the Zygarde Problem. It would also expand both games' awful post-game.

I seem to remember reading one of the Project Pokemon hackers (SciresM I think) saying that Game Freak can't even do a good job with patches, so I'd consider DLC off the cards if their patches are as badly done as they say. I think it was something relating to the memory size of the patches being incredibly large for such small content, but I can't remember exactly.

Is DLC not going to happen? As far as I can tell, that's the best solution to the Zygarde Problem. It would also expand both games' awful post-game.

I seem to remember reading one of the Project Pokemon hackers (SciresM I think) saying that Game Freak can't even do a good job with patches, so I'd consider DLC off the cards if their patches are as badly done as they say. I think it was something relating to the memory size of the patches being incredibly large for such small content, but I can't remember exactly.

It's true that Game Freak's method is bad because patches replace the whole file instead of just adding changes. Most likely it's just easier to keep making them that way. But in that case it's not that much trouble because patches are still relatively small. However DLC might be thought out to be released as external file that the game would recognize.

Didn't somebody give a pretty good explaination earlier as to why a DLC expansion would not work on any of the main series games? No, really? I thought I seen a post earlier, but I can't remember what it said. Something about erasing the memory or items or something.

Last edited:
Okay, lemme point something out. As I have stated and explained in my previous post, DLC is impossible in all sixth generation games due to it's gaming engines not designed for it. But can it happen in future generations? Yes, it can!

And I can tell you exactly how it can be possible in seventh generation. It can be done through messages in which can be developed to display a warning before loading the save file. Remember, all games need to be developed to handle DLC before they can ever release DLC. In other words, to prevent any vulnerabilities and save data corruption.

And secondly, we know all too well that Generation II was able to fully trade and battle between Generation I games using the time capsule. Wouldn't be nice to have the seventh generation to be able to trade and battle with players that have sixth generation games? It's completely possible! Just as long as they don't change the IVs, EVs and EXP from Generation VI. And here's how it can be done!

Fan-made seventh generation Speculated Pokémon game said:
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————
//[New Warnings and Error messages]//

Warning: Unable to load Downloaded Content from
microSD Card on New Nintendo 3DS!

Please make sure the Downloaded Content is
on the microSD Card.

If you're playing the game on a different
New Nintendo 3DS, any Downloaded Content
that hasn't been purchased on this console
cannot be used.

If you continue, any items or other stuff you've
purchased from Pokémon Shop won't be available.

As such, any purchased items won't show in the
bag until the content is either re-downloaded
or re-inserted to the microSD Card on the
console in which the content was purchased on.

If any Pokémon are holding the items, they will
no longer be holding them.

Also, if you saved in a location that was
purchased, you will be returned to Tylour Town.

Are you sure you want to continue?
{ Yes | No }

This Pokémon cannot be traded to older
Pokémon games holding a new item!

This Pokémon knows a new move which cannot
be traded to older Pokémon games!

This Pokémon has a new ability which cannot
be traded to older Pokémon games!

You cannot trade new Pokémon to older
Pokémon games!

You cannot trade Pokémon holding any
items purchased from Pokémon Shop!

This user is playing an older version of
Pokémon Inferno or Pokémon Flora.

Any Pokémon holding purchased items not
available in versions newer than what the
user you're battling with cannot be used
in this battle.

To enjoy full experience of this game,
please make sure that your friend updates
to the latest version of the game.

This Pokémon is holding an item not available
in the version the user you're battling with!

And heck, it's even possible to retain backwards compatibility with different battling messages too! Generation II had already shown us that, just in the way it was.
Fan-made seventh generation Speculated Pokémon game said:
///[New Battle Text]///

It doesn't affect your [Pokémon Name]...

Your [Pokémon Name] avoided the attack!

Your [Pokémon Name] used [Move Name]!

Your [Pokémon Name] was poisoned!

Your [Pokémon Name] was badly poisoned!

Your [Pokémon Name] was burned!

As such, in Generation VI it could say "It doesn't affect Pikachu..." or "It hurt itself in it's confusion!". While in Generation VII, it could say "It doesn't affect your Pikachu..." or "Your Pikachu hurt itself in it's confusion!" for example. This is just an example of how a new generation can be backwards compatible with an older generation, as well as the possibility of seventh generation to use downloaded content purchased in-game.

You don't know that anymore than he knows we aren't. Nothing is definite at this point.

Well, I mean, people didn't think we would get remakes of the GBC games. We got them for GBA and DS. People thought we wouldn't get GBA remakes, we got them for 3DS. If the NX that's going to be announced next year really is a Wii U + 3DS hybrid, then DS cartridges may or may not become obsolete by then. At the very least, the next console after the NX would make them so. So Sinnoh and Unova will get remakes. Once was a gift, twice was a coincidence, thrice is a pattern. As soon as the DS games become obsolete, we'll get the Sinnoh remakes. Or maybe by 2019, since people already noticed a five year pattern between remakes. (2004, 2009, 2014, 2019)

Either way, the final generation six game, if it even exists, is still up in the air, and considering OR/AS was announced in May, maybe this new game will be as well.

Even with no formal annoncement I am personally expecting confirmation of its release peripd this week. ORAS was a result of the corner Iwata was put into due to the inevestor meeting, and black and white were confirmed in 2010, albeit just as a new generation, no specifics. Last time around(back in February) Iwata mentioned how software that helps give a major push will be the focus for the next year, and I expect him to follow through with this comment in the upcoming year end financial meeting, which is this Friday iirc. He mentioned Pokemon for the GB, which leads me to believe he will use the next games(gen 6 or otherwise) as a parallel. Now, I say release period, because all this talk of hardware boosting software is for 2016, so either he will announce the year will start with such a title, or gain momentum from a 2015 hololiday hit.

I'm hoping for a new Wii U Pokémon game in the vein of Colosseum/Gale, maybe with some throwbacks to Stadium as well. Pokémon Bank support wouldn't be too bad either.

But alas, it might be naught but a dream.

Personally, I think the only thing Zygarde (and an XY sequel) has going for it is the fact that they've always created a sequel. But since they said they aren't going to be so predictable this time around, that might not even happen. I don't see why everyone thinks they need to upgrade Zygarde. Some legendaries suck and don't have a story; and we can all get over it.

I am expecting some kind of announcement revealing the third version, sequels or whatever they're going for to happen sometime in May or June at the very latest. I remember OR/AS were announced back in May last year, so I can see them doing that for any new games that come out this year. They don't need to have as much time before their release compared to the start of a new generation to generate hype. Although, a part of me wouldn't mind if they took a break for this year as far as main series games go. I doubt that they're going to do that since they probably like putting out new main series games every year, but I also wouldn't mind if they took more time to get the games ready instead of rushing them out for a yearly release. If taking more time meant getting better games overall, then it would be worth it in my opinion.

I don't see why everyone thinks they need to upgrade Zygarde.

It's not so much they need to upgrade Zygarde, as much as it is that they've left numerous clues that point towards them wanting to (or going to) upgrade it. I'm not going to bother repeating them for the millionth time; if you want to know what the clues are go look back in the thread, they've certainly been brought up by multiple people multiple times.

I'm leaning toward agreeing that the next game(s) will be announced in May or June, to be released sometime in 2016. It certainly feels like about time to start wrapping up Gen VI.

As for Zygarde, it's at the very least precedent that it'd get a new form. Maybe something that brings all three members of the trio together.

I'm hoping for a new Wii U Pokémon game in the vein of Colosseum/Gale, maybe with some throwbacks to Stadium as well. Pokémon Bank support wouldn't be too bad either.

That would be epic; I'd love to see Orre in the Megaverse in some way, shape or form. Imagine: most of the Shadow Pokemon you rescue already have their Mega Stones and you can link up to ORAS or X and Y to send them over with said Mega Stones...

A girl can dream, right? Right?! :bawl:

Right now I'll just take anything that can help tie up the loose ends in Kalos. Oh and give us a couple of extra Megas in the process. Maybe we'll hear something in the next month or two. Who knows?

I don't see why everyone thinks they need to upgrade Zygarde. Some legendaries suck and don't have a story; and we can all get over it.

Have you not read the Pokédex entries for Zygarde? There is obviously more to the guy than what you see, especially the entry talking about its "secret power".

Not only that but it has an appearance that matches that of the letter Z, as Xerneas' appearance matches the letter X (depending on how you look at it) and Yveltal's appearance matches the letter Y. The three obviously have a connection in that aspect.

Not only that but Zygarde's ability, Aura Break works against Xerneas' and Yveltal's abilities. But while Zygarde's ability might work against Xerneas and Yveltal the poor guy has a much lower base stat total than its two counterparts and what could fix that? Giving it a form(s) or a Mega Evolution(s). I'm personally leaning more towards it being a form(s) but that is just me.

There is also the fact that we have no access to the two moves that were discovered. Maybe those moves could allow it to change form(s) or to Mega Evolve (like one of the users here brought up in a previous post).

There are just too many things to ignore that point to this guy getting some type of upgrade in the future. I highly doubt that they would push the poor guy to the side without giving it any kind of treatment.

I personally think the next main series game(s) will be announced later this year, like August or September, and then will be released early 2016 for the 20th anniversary. I think GameFreak will spend 2015 focusing on events for OR/AS, like Hoopa-Unbound.

That would be epic; I'd love to see Orre in the Megaverse in some way, shape or form. Imagine: most of the Shadow Pokemon you rescue already have their Mega Stones and you can link up to ORAS or X and Y to send them over with said Mega Stones...

A girl can dream, right? Right?! :bawl:

I actually think that Colosseum, and Stadium even moreso, would work better as 3DS games/downloadable software than a console title. Transferring Pokemon and rewards would be more convenient for people (who don't have a WiiU or care for one), and the pricing for them could be a bit more suitable. (Since they're actually smaller packages than the main series games, and 3D can't be used as a selling point anymore.)

It would definitely be nice to have more "Main Series" Spin-Off games though.

Last edited:
Pokemon wants to do something new. They saw how popular the sequels were. So, what if they extend the region by adapting Southern France. The lower third of which we haven't seen

Pokemon wants to do something new. They saw how popular the sequels were. So, what if they extend the region by adapting Southern France. The lower third of which we haven't seen

I could roll with that. If.... IF... they were to go that route, they could add another 70-something new Pokémon to bring up the number of new 'mons for Gen 6. That's if they plan on doing that, however I have to agree that the number of Megas that we got with X/Y and ORAS combined has compensated for that.

This! The awesome realism of Northern France in XY really made my Y playthrough. If they complete the whole country, now it'll really be like the grand region of Kanto-Johto! Make it happen GameFreak!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom