• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally think the next main series game(s) will be announced later this year, like August or September, and then will be released early 2016 for the 20th anniversary. I think GameFreak will spend 2015 focusing on events for OR/AS, like Hoopa-Unbound.

Why would the next Kalos games be released for the 20th Anniversary? It doesn't make sense and we all know that we are not getting another remake for this gen. The idea of Kanto remakes is utter nonsense that needs to be stamp out.

I completely forgot about this piece of news from 3 months ago:

‘Pokemon’ Developers Hint at Upcoming Game Announcement

If this is supposed to be a main series game, then yeah, I think it's possible we'll be hearing something either this month or next month. This article is talking about Game Freak, so I don't think it would be a spin-off.

I think they may have been talking about this:

SEGA Blog | Grandmaster Trunk! SEGA & Game Freak Announce Tembo The Badass Elephant

Nintendo can't even get Game Freak's multiplat. "Yeah I know you own the rights to the IP that makes pretty much all our money but, fuck the Wii U right now. Guys like get your shit together." Well Nintendo maybe you can get someone else besides Game Freak to give us a great adventure as a Pokemon Trainer. Like you did with Genius Sonority. Hint Hint.

Nintendo can't even get Game Freak's multiplat. "Yeah I know you own the rights to the IP that makes pretty much all our money but, fuck the Wii U right now. Guys like get your shit together." Well Nintendo maybe you can get someone else besides Game Freak to give us a great adventure as a Pokemon Trainer. Like you did with Genius Sonority. Hint Hint.

Yup. And check out their reasoning for not putting it on Nintendo platforms:

Game Freak’s Director Explains Why TEMBO THE BADASS ELEPHANT Isn’t Coming to Nintendo's Digital Platforms - Nintendo Life

I don't think I've ever seen more arbitrary reasoning in my entire life.

But yeah, there's nothing indicating a new game this year, at this point we'll just have to wait and see if anything happens.

I personally think the next main series game(s) will be announced later this year, like August or September, and then will be released early 2016 for the 20th anniversary. I think GameFreak will spend 2015 focusing on events for OR/AS, like Hoopa-Unbound.

Why would the next Kalos games be released for the 20th Anniversary? It doesn't make sense and we all know that we are not getting another remake for this gen. The idea of Kanto remakes is utter nonsense that needs to be stamp out.

Ok... I want you to take a good look at that post of his that you just quoted. Is there any mention of Kalos or Kanto in that post? Unless he's using invisible typing, no. He said a main series game in general, he wasn't specific if it should be Kalos or Kanto. Good lord, I hope they merge the two regions in a sequel of a remake of an alternate Poke-verse just to piss you off.

I don't think there will be Kanto remakes either, and you'd know if you paid attention to the other posts I've made in this thread, because I've outright stated so before. Additionally, I could see GameFreak releasing the next Kalos games for the 20th anniversary, so they could promote them as being the "ultimate" games, and get people on board that already played X and Y.

Ok... I want you to take a good look at that post of his that you just quoted. Is there any mention of Kalos or Kanto in that post? Unless he's using invisible typing, no. He said a main series game in general, he wasn't specific if it should be Kalos or Kanto. Good lord, I hope they merge the two regions in a sequel of a remake of an alternate Poke-verse just to piss you off.

And throw in some Sinnoh for good measure. ^_^ I wanna play some Sinnoh in Kanto. ;)

Last edited:
Pokemon wants to do something new. They saw how popular the sequels were. So, what if they extend the region by adapting Southern France. The lower third of which we haven't seen
Add in Andorra, Monaco, and Corsica, and I'm in.

No, they not gonna have two regions in one/two games. Johto was the only exception since it is the neighbor of Kanto. And they not adding Sinnoh the region either, having three regions in a pair/single game is just insane. Gen 6 would finish with either Z/X2Y2 and they would move on to gen 7 which would be on the New 3DS console. Kanto and Sinnoh remakes/sequels are not happening for this gen and the next. Wait until Gen 10 for Kanto/Sinnoh remakes, by then it be more likely to happen.

Why the tenth generation? I can kind of understand that in regards for Kanto remakes, but why would they wait that long for Sinnoh remakes? Why is it more likely for Kanto remakes to happen then as opposed to the 20th anniversary, which is much sooner given that the tenth generation won't come around for roughly another decade or so? D/P remakes are most likely going to happen whenever we get a new handheld system that doesn't support DS games. I'm not sure if they're getting close to a new handheld given the New 3DS though. I don't think that D/P remakes are going to happen anytime soon, but I don't think that they'd hold off on them until the tenth generation either. That's way too long. Kanto remakes or some kind of revisit to Kanto through some new games sounds like more of a possibility for the near future rather than the distant future to me.

I'm not sure if they're getting close to a new handheld given the New 3DS though. I don't think that D/P remakes are going to happen anytime soon, but I don't think that they'd hold off on them until the tenth generation either. That's way too long. Kanto remakes or some kind of revisit to Kanto through some new games sounds like more of a possibility for the near future rather than the distant future to me.

Maybe closer than you think. Nintendo's confirmed they're working on new hardware codenamed the NX. Now we don't know what kind of device it is, it could be a handheld, it could be a console, it could be both, or it could be something else, but between that confirmation and their comments over the last year about trying to create a new framework that modernizes Nintendo's account system and narrow the gap between handheld and console, it's pretty clear that they're putting serious thought into their next gen consoles at this point. I imagine next gen will probably begin no later than 2017, which would be about right since that would give 8th gen an average lifespan of 5-6 years.

Maybe closer than you think. Nintendo's confirmed they're working on new hardware codenamed the NX. Now we don't know what kind of device it is, it could be a handheld, it could be a console, it could be both, or it could be something else, but between that confirmation and their comments over the last year about trying to create a new framework that modernizes Nintendo's account system and narrow the gap between handheld and console, it's pretty clear that they're putting serious thought into their next gen consoles at this point. I imagine next gen will probably begin no later than 2017, which would be about right since that would give 8th gen an average lifespan of 5-6 years.

Oh yeah. I remember hearing about that announcement awhile ago. I'm not sure if that would mean that they're getting to a new handheld since they did want to put games exclusive to the New 3DS, but that could easily turn out to be like the exclusive DSi games in which there are only a small hand full exclusive for that system. I could see the seventh generation being put on the New 3DS, but it would depend on how many exclusive games they want for the New 3DS and what exactly they're planning for this new hardware. If it does turn out to be a new handheld system that doesn't support DS games, then I could see D/P remakes happening a year or two into the next generation

No, they not gonna have two regions in one/two games. Johto was the only exception since it is the neighbor of Kanto. And they not adding Sinnoh the region either, having three regions in a pair/single game is just insane. Gen 6 would finish with either Z/X2Y2 and they would move on to gen 7 which would be on the New 3DS console. Kanto and Sinnoh remakes/sequels are not happening for this gen and the next. Wait until Gen 10 for Kanto/Sinnoh remakes, by then it be more likely to happen.

*whoooooooosh*

I think you uh, maybe might have missed the point there.

Remember, I'm speculating a brand new generation that has a mixture of elements from every generation. A seventh generation that has a region based off the UK with the ability to travel to the Kalos region in the post-game and "Episode Zeta" in which involves Zygarde and it's new formes, and is a prequel to X/Y.

And don't forget, like I said earlier... it's not impossible to provide full backwards compatibility with a previous generation, Generation II was a good example of that, as long as it doesn't alter any EVs, IVs, EXP or any stats.

This "seventh generation" that I speculate about... will have everything that a "Pokémon Z" or "Pokémon X2/Y2" would have in it's post-game.

That would be epic; I'd love to see Orre in the Megaverse in some way, shape or form. Imagine: most of the Shadow Pokemon you rescue already have their Mega Stones and you can link up to ORAS or X and Y to send them over with said Mega Stones...

A girl can dream, right? Right?! :bawl:

I actually think that Colosseum, and Stadium even moreso, would work better as 3DS games/downloadable software than a console title. Transferring Pokemon and rewards would be more convenient for people (who don't have a WiiU or care for one), and the pricing for them could be a bit more suitable. (Since they're actually smaller packages than the main series games, and 3D can't be used as a selling point anymore.)

It would definitely be nice to have more "Main Series" Spin-Off games though.

@Silverwynde - Yes, please.

@Blazing White Yang - Well, of course it can't. We have something better than 3D now. It's called HD. :p

But in all seriousness, I see your point. They have opportunities to do more with it on the Wii U, though, and some people might care more about the game than the rewards (as nice as they'd be).

And throw in some Sinnoh for good measure. ^_^ I wanna play some Sinnoh in Kanto. ;)

Actually, it would be sweet if there was such a game in time for the Hokkaido Shinkansen Opening in 2016. Even if it isn't such the case, a Shinnoh Maglev that, at the very least, allows you to travel to Jubilife City and the immediate areas, , within the games of the FRLG-re-remake equivalent, would be nice.

Last edited:
@Blazing White Yang - Well, of course it can't. We have something better than 3D now. It's called HD. :p

I can't agree with this enough. While 3D may be a nice gimmick, 240p is an unacceptably puny resolution for even a 3.5" screen, let alone 5"+ (which a 3DS XL would've easily been able to accommodate given its size.)

The next generation of handhelds MUST have at the very least a 720p display, some reasonably potent ~$100+ smartphone internals to power it, a capacitive bottom screen instead of resistive, and a MUCH higher screen-to-body ratio. Aside from the games you can play on it, the 3DS is much to weak for its price point, and makes very poor use of the large space it takes up.

With the $250+ initial launch price, Nintendo could've put in some reasonable smartphone hardware, moved the speakers to the bottom chassis, moved the front camera to the hinge (like the DSi) and filled the top out a lot more with a 720p+ screen.

If you look at phones nowadays, they all have much more powerful hardware, larger batteries and much larger screens at a much lower weight and smaller size.

I believe in you, Nintendo. Please make the next handheld a good one.

I personally think that they don't necessarily need to go anymore 3D than they have with X/Y/ORAS. Whether they go the "full 3D" route or not, meaning something like Colosseum/XD/PBR, wouldn't really matter that much to me. I imagine though that the graphics will be closer to that once the NX comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom