• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This week's Pokemon announcement! What do you think?

This being my first post on the forums and the fact that I'm a bit of a noob would leave me to think that I won't get any replies, but this is worth a shot.

Please take the poll. Thank you.

Anyways, according to last year's announcement of ORAS, this year's should be coming this week on Wednesday as well. Most likely possible games (All are speculative titles):

Pokemon X2 and Y2: The obvious ones. If they were to be at all like Black 2 and White 2, X2 would get Yveltal and Y2 would get Xerneas, and Zygarde would change into the opposite form so as to counteract the force of the first.

Pokemon Z: A Zygarde centered storyline with Xerneas and Yveltal catchable.

Pokemon SkyBlue and GroundGreen: Kanto remakes. Since Kanto was part of Gen III, it would make sense if they were remade around the same time as Ruby/Sapphire.

Pokemon Delta Emerald: Mildly possible, given that there were a few popular Emerald features missing from ORAS.

Pokemon Temporal Diamond and Celestial Pearl: Although there's the slightest chance, anybody who wants Sinnoh on their 3DS can just get one of the originals and play it.

Pokemon Plus and Minus: Generation VII before we get the second round of Kalos? Almost certainly not.

Then again, there's also a chance that no game gets announced, but if you search around enough, you'll come to the conclusion that it probably will be announced.

What do you think?

(Personally, I think X2/Y2, but would not be surprised by Z or Kanto)

Last edited:
Re: This week's Pokemon announcement! What do you think?

Anyways, according to last year's announcement of ORAS, this year's should be coming this week on Wednesday as well.

They don't announce games on the same day each year.

Anyways, according to last year's announcement of ORAS, this year's should be coming this week on Wednesday as well.

They don't announce games on the same week each year.

Then again, Pokémon has started to fall into a lot more routines. Plus, the Internet's signs all point to an announcement.

On the other hand, I'm quite glad someone posted.

Don't know if this would fall under the Gen VI Future thread or not, but I'm curious about what you mean by these "signs" on the Internet. I haven't really seen any, at least not that I'm aware of.

Don't know if this would fall under the Gen VI Future thread or not, but I'm curious about what you mean by these "signs" on the Internet. I haven't really seen any, at least not that I'm aware of.

Roaring Skies on Wednesday. Roaring Skies features a lot of new concepts.

If you look around, it seems as though an announcement is to be made surrounding Pokémon on the 21st. This would complement any Wednesday announcement hypothetically.

Pokémon seems to like more constant dates now (quite a few examples of this)

And possibly others.

Yes, I realize this is shaky reasoning, and I admit to that, but from now on I would prefer seeing more ideas and discussion about what it would actually be.

Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate people willing to question.

EDIT: About Gen VI future, perhaps.

Last edited:

The 21st is not this week.
It's not even next week.

I know. But they don't usually seem to say much about the game until later.

This Wednesday is not later than the 21st.

Respectfully, I don't believe you understand. Announcement Wednesday. More details 21st.

There will be no announcement Wednesday.

I don't think they'll announce anything until the 21st.

I don't think there will be any major announcements, anything we get this month will probably be about an event or the Hoopa movie.

Then take the poll as though it asks what game will be announced on the 21st.

Then take the poll as though it asks what game will be announced on the 21st.

I just wanna point out something. The so-called "Pokémon Plus and Pokémon Minus" names actually came from a person on 4Chan who was trying to prank everyone, along with the "Nintendo Terminal DS and Nintendo Terminal Box" prank. It's just like how this "yellowgiant" user in which spread false rumors about the sixth generation games being about an Eevee Evolution that was "Digital-type".

Instead, wouldn't it be better if you changed "Pokémon Plus and Pokémon Minus" to "Seventh Generation Pokémon game (Pokémon _____ and Pokémon ______)" in the poll? It would make better sense that way.

Also, can you add in the option "ORAS sequels/Kalos region prequels" as well? 'Cause there's something that's hardly speculated about, is the games taking place two years before the events in X/Y. And can you also add in the option "Other" as well?

As for myself, I'm actually speculating the names of the seventh generation games to be something like "Pokémon Inferno and Pokémon Flora" with the mega evolutions of the new grass and fire type starters as the mascots. That would be something reverting back to simplicity.

Last edited:
I think the 21st is when Ultron is going to come to life in our real world and destroy us all. Because 2+1 is 3, and
that's how many Avengers it took to melt Ultron into a puddle of vibranium.

I'm not very familiar with a lot of the TCG stuff, but how does what's featured in the card decks foreshadow what games will come out and when? I got the impression that Roaring Skies was mostly about Mega-Rayquaza, which was already covered in ORAS.

What's with the poll? ?? Anyways, we're as close now as we were back in October to finding out what the next game is.

XY sequels, third Kalos version, XY prequels, Non-Mega Kalos, Mega Kanto, Mega Sinnoh, Emerald Remake, anything and everything is fair game at this point, even generation 7. Who knows anymore? I think Game Freak said they were doing something unexpected to troll us. We stop expecting the obvious, and when we get it, "No one was expecting it!" TrollFreak is real LOL

I'm not very familiar with a lot of the TCG stuff, but how does what's featured in the card decks foreshadow what games will come out and when? I got the impression that Roaring Skies was mostly about Mega-Rayquaza, which was already covered in ORAS.

Well, Roaring Skies looks like it will cover more of the ORAS theme, much like primal clash did. Nothing suspicious in that set... Though Colorless Mega Rayquaza is really overpowered. :/

However, In Japan they did introduce the name and pack art of next card game expansion. It's translated as "Bandit Ring" according to Pokebeach, and it's mainly centered around Hoopa. Though Whimsicott and Gardevoir are on the card box art too. But so far, this just corresponds to the unveiling of Hoopa Unbound, so not much else telling me of any leak of some sort...

I hope for another game in the Kalos region, either a sequel or prequel.

In the poll I voted X2/Y2, but I hope that it has something to do with Kanto. I don't believe there will be any sort of announcement any time soon.

For the most part, the TCG doesn't foreshadow the games as it essentially follows in the footsteps of the rest of the franchise. TCG sets are announced and released to complement the core games and movies.

The closest the TCG has ever come to foreshadowing the direction of the franchise was in the BW block when they reintroduced the EX mechanic a few sets in. New gimmicks usually come at the beginning of a new block, so it sort of gave the impression that the remakes we now know as ORAS had been decided on internally. The late introduction put off a vibe that EX would be kept into the Gen VI sets to serve as a sort of callback to Generation III, where it was the primary mechanic from start to finish. It's a stretch to call it foreshadowing and not everyone picked up on this, but that's exactly what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom